View Full Version : Dyslexic's Nightmare

drwhogrl
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if this cache is still active. I tried emailing Team Nirvana but I have not heard back. I know a few of us recently went looking for it in the City Forest and we could not find the CDs that had the correct coordinates on them that are supposed to be hidden in two of the wrong locations.

brdad
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Not sure of it's status or that of the owners, it's probably been a year since I have seen them.

I do know it can be tough to find, and mentally frustrating. And don't think the CD's are easy finds - the one I found I crawled on my hands and knees under pine trees to get to.

Haffy
04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I spent around 4 hours plus the 1st time looking with my sister and came out empty handed and the 2nd time got lucky and the 1st coordinate I tried I found the cache itself, I never did find any CD's though. Don't give up,it is out there....

Ekidokai
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I've been working on this for a while. I replaced the CD's and dug the cache out of an unfindable place. I had to use a machete and a metal detector to get it. No one would have been able to find it with out a lot of help from the owner.

I have asked to adopt it.

Mainiac1957
04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I've been working on this for a while. I replaced the CD's and dug the cache out of an unfindable place. I had to use a machete and a metal detector to get it. No one would have been able to find it with out a lot of help from the owner.

I have asked to adopt it.

Interesting, when I found it a few years back it was sitting near a big pine tree pretty much out in the open. I did find a CD as Alex had just replaced them after the winter

Ekidokai
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
The pine needles had covered it real well. and it looked like more brush had fallen or been put on it. If I hadn't had the metal detector I never would have found it.

All better now.

WhereRWe?
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
The pine needles had covered it real well. and it looked like more brush had fallen or been put on it. If I hadn't had the metal detector I never would have found it.

Sheesh! Could we get a legal opinion here. Is using a metal detector to find a cache abusing the rules or what? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

robt
04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
dang another new toy I need to get to go caching

Ekidokai
04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
There are no rules. Or any that I can follow.

Sheesh! Could we get a legal opinion here. Is using a metal detector to find a cache abusing the rules or what? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

masterson of the universe
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
If its that buried, its probably way out of the maintenance schedule that ought to be followed, yet because of the searching needed its probably not checked on as often. After I finish these two nightmares, I think I'll be done with multi's of this nature for a while. They take you a lot of places but are sure a lot of work for a DNF it they aren't actually there...

EMSDanel
04-28-2009, 10:12 PM
OOOhhhh Noooooo......Man, that's it! I just got my first PDA as a birthday gift. I've learned to turn it on and how to charge the battery. They tell me I can use it to help with caching. So then I go caching with Hollora and her GPS actually had a map come up that showed the trails where we had been! I can get my GPS to show me numbers that change when I walk to the left, right, back, etc. but no maps. Now I have to buy a metal detector? What's next? A geiger counter? You see, I'm still convinced that paperless caching is more expensive because you go through more batteries. The animal (skunk, maybe) that keeps finding and trashing my snipe hunt cache doesn't even use a GPS. I used to use a magnetized needle on a sliver of Ivory Soap in a mud puddle to show me north, now I have a compass. That's high-tech enough.... ;-)

drwhogrl
04-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I guess since the cache does exist I will give it another try.