View Full Version : Trying to remember the name of this game

attroll
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I am trying to remember a name of a game we use to play when I was a kid. I am hoping someone can help me out.

We did this in scouts and when we had a large group. What one adult would do is sit us all in a circle and whisper something in one persons ear and that person had to whisper it into the next persons ear and it got passed all the way around the circle and the last person in the circle had to say what they heard. The phrase of saying never seemed to come out the same.

Can anyone remember the name of this game?

Starzz
04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
We used to call it Telephone.. I found a URL for it... there is several names they use... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

ltlindian
04-29-2009, 01:02 PM
We still do it in scouts--telephone. Girls LOVE it! They giggle like crazy when the last person said what they heard and it's never the original phrase.

brdad
04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I never got to finish the game. I always heard you should let people play the game the way they want to.

And yet, as soon as it's my turn and instead of whispering in the girls ear next to me, I stick my tongue in her ear, it's go back to sitting in the corner for Dave!

Team V3
04-29-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL Stick your tongue in their ear and tell them to pass it on??? }:)

WhereRWe?
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Sheesh! You can tell that Rick's getting old - he's starting a "remember when..." thread. LOL!

I have to admit I played this game too, but I don't remember it being named anything that has been mentioned.

attroll
04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Sheesh! You can tell that Rick's getting old - he's starting a "remember when..." thread. LOL!

I have to admit I played this game too, but I don't remember it being named anything that has been mentioned.
Sorry I am not really starting a remember when thread because I am getting old. It is for some research I am doing. However I am getting old and I could start a thread like that very easily do to how old I am and how many things I can and can not remember.

Thanks Star for the answer.

team moxiepup
05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry I am not really starting a remember when thread because I am getting old. It is for some research I am doing. However I am getting old and I could start a thread like that very easily do to how old I am and how many things I can and can not remember.

Thanks Star for the answer.

Could you really write about something you can not remember... if you can't remember anything the thread would be bare.;)

attroll
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I was using the game as a sample of something I am writing about. I just needed the name because I explained how it worked.