View Full Version : Ride Maine - Geocaching via Motorcycle

WhereRWe?
05-03-2009, 03:37 PM
The latest issue of Ride Maine magazine (http://www.ridemaine.net/) features an article about geocaching in Maine via motorcycle (http://www.ridemaine.net/pdfs/GeoCache2pgs.pdf).

GeocachingMaine.org and our Geocaching Maine logo are featured.

Thanks to Jim LeClair of Ride Maine for coordinating with Rick and me to get us some publicity. The article is by Bill Rose. (Why is that name familiar??)

Haffy
05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Great article Bruce,thanks!!!

Ekidokai
05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Very cool. If it ever warms up I'll be out on mine caching like a fool.

brewmaine
05-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey what do you have for a bike Ekidokai ? 85 honda magna 700 here. also have a 83 goldwing interstate but thinking of selling it has more issues than i can afford to work on.

attroll
05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey what do you have for a bike Ekidokai ? 85 honda magna 700 here. also have a 83 goldwing interstate but thinking of selling it has more issues than i can afford to work on.
What issues does it have?

brewmaine
05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
engine seems to be buring oil and blowing it out the pipes too my guess seals and valves are worn. engine would probly need a complete over haul its got 86000 + on it. coolent pump is bad too i think leaking coolant from the weap hole on the underside of the pump

Ekidokai
05-03-2009, 10:17 PM

I have the same bike. The Magna needs a bunch of work also but it will get me out and around. I really like the shaft drive.

iampaw
05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
i have done some caching on mine but I can't make my u-turns as fast as I can in iggy my car. I will say that it does say on the gas. Thanks Bruce for the article

EMSDanel
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I was in Helen's Restaurant in Ellsworth today and noticed the mag on their newstand... brought it home. Nice article!

WhereRWe?
05-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I was in Helen's Restaurant in Ellsworth today and noticed the mag on their newstand... brought it home. Nice article!

Sheesh! Jim Leclair sent me a copy - I should have brought it to the event yesterday. And I recently stumbled across the magazine from Norway which had an article about geocaching, and which showed a picture of one of our travel bugs. I'll have to remember to being to a future event...

Jester4always
05-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Beware Longish Post:

Guys this is to funny,
I am Bill Rose, AkA Jester4Always on several motorcycle forums including our own Maine European Motorcycle enthusiasts ( MEME) and Ducati.ms

So some of you may know me, I have several Ducs and A Bmw and seem to be always found riding or wrenching.

Jim LeClair asked me to pen a few words for Ride Maine, and I thought an article on Geocahing would help give both sports some positive press.

Funny things was, as it went to Press they mistakenly did not include the authors name. No big deal, however, I have had some interesting comments as folks read the article and were not aware they are standing around the Author.

From what I have seen when discussing the article most folks are interested and want to learn more. And that is just what I had hoped to achieve. Develop a interest, expose our sport to a new audience, and put a positive spin on what has to be one of the greatest family activities developed in years.

I thank Jim and the folks at Ride Maine for the Opertunity to use some space, and all of you folks here on the forum for helping all of us Newbies out. I first came to this forum asking advice, and I found It, and more.

Thanks again,
Bill Rose
Jester4always@yahoo.com

bgrffdave
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Nice article by the way. I just came across it the other day. For those that haven't seen it, here's a direct link:
http://ridemaine.net/pdfs/GeoCache2pgs.pdf

al'Thor
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Neat article. I just got my motorcycle license about a month ago. I've put almost 500 miles on my bike so far this spring. I can't wait to combine the motorcycle with caching!!!!!!!!!

WhereRWe?
05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice article by the way. I just came across it the other day. For those that haven't seen it, here's a direct link:
http://ridemaine.net/pdfs/GeoCache2pgs.pdf

Um... The link was posted in my original message. Someone is not paying attention! ;);)

attroll
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Ignore the man behind the curtain.

pm28570
05-11-2009, 01:51 PM
You're right....you are the resident Curmudgeon. I bow before you. :);)

Um... The link was posted in my original message. Someone is not paying attention! ;);)

firefighterjake
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have a link to the article? ;) I would love to read it. ;)

cachecrashers4
06-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Great article Bill!