View Full Version : Garmin 550/550T

brdad
05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Looks pretty neat to me! (http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/07/garmin-launches-oregon-550-and-oregon-550t-outdoor-navigators/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/05/garmin-oregon-550t-gps-small.jpg

TeamHorwich
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
the camera seems like a cool idea - probably in the next generation of my Delorme...

Gob-ler
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Sigh!!!!!!!!!!

Haffy
05-07-2009, 05:10 PM
They haven't even gotten the bugs out of the Colorado and the 1st generation Oregon and they are entering another one? I think Delorme has a way to go but at least they ,I think will take it a little slower on their next. Besides I have a NUVI for most of everything else I need in a GPS,just need to update to something different besides my Old Vista that I hit on the dashboard once in a while to get it going again>>>LOL. I've been thinking about the HCX. Anybody else?

brewmaine
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm using the vista HCX and seems to be working great for what i want out of it. mapachi turned me on to that model its the one he uses.

attroll
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I will stick with my Delorme PN-40. It still looks like it will blow this one away.

fins2right
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I will stick with my Delorme PN-40. It still looks like it will blow this one away.

I'm liking my "40" but being a gadget geek, this looks like fun!

dubord207
05-08-2009, 06:39 AM
This has to STOP! I don't need anymore gadgets.....do I?:confused: I think our Oregons work fine, but the Vista HCX sometimes works better. I use the 60CSX to place caches as it averages the best and I like POI with the Nuvi except when the Nuvi decides a wild goose chase would be fun, but.....a GPS with a camera? I just can't.... take away my credit card! Put me on medication! Disconnect my web access!

Where'd you say I can get one?:D

fins2right
05-08-2009, 07:21 AM
This has to STOP! I don't need anymore gadgets.....do I?:confused: I think our Oregons work fine, but the Vista HCX sometimes works better. I use the 60CSX to place caches as it averages the best and I like POI with the Nuvi except when the Nuvi decides a wild goose chase would be fun, but.....a GPS with a camera? I just can't.... take away my credit card! Put me on medication! Disconnect my web access!

Listen to your ID. You need more gadgets. You deserve more gadgets. :D

firefighterjake
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Listen to your ID. You need more gadgets. You deserve more gadgets. :D

. . . You just need a larger Batman Utility Belt for all of those gadgets. :D;)

pm28570
05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step :D

WhereRWe?
05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step :D

Sheesh! I noted your tagline "'Ol Curmudgeon in training". As GeocachingMaine.org's resident curmudgeon, I offer my services if you have any questions about becoming an effective curmudgeon. I know it takes a lot of work, but the end result if quite rewarding. ;);)

Sudonim
05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Sheesh! I noted your tagline "'Ol Curmudgeon in training". As GeocachingMaine.org's resident curmudgeon, I offer my services if you have any questions about becoming an effective curmudgeon. I know it takes a lot of work, but the end result if quite rewarding. ;);)

Believe him. If you look up curmudgeon in the dictionary, there's a picture of Bruce!!!:D

pm28570
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM
There are those.....not really those....more like my wife......who would say no further training needed, you're there.

robt
05-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Now I may have to look that up cause i hace no clue on this one.

Mainiac1957
05-08-2009, 03:07 PM

What the hell Dan, you can't take it with you. I know I would love to have a new GPS to take to Geowoodstock next week. But between the trip and the hitchin' the week after I'm on cash fumes if you know what I mean.:D