View Full Version : Can Anyone Speak German?

WhereRWe?
05-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm trying to see if I can find out Maine Chickadee Plate TB (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=56870) that hasn't been heard from since a Feb 15, 2008 entry where a cacher placed it in a cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=4cf20879-6b05-46a3-8186-2b56f0534eb7) in Germany. On March 17, 2006, there is a log entry which seems to me to say "I have the TB". But I only know a few words of German and don;t know what the whole entry says. Can someone translate the following?

"Nach einer kleinen Wanderstrecke stand ich auf dem hohen Gipfel in der Sonne und schaute in Richtung Brocken. Nix mit Blick, denn dort hingen dicke Wolken. Der Cache war leicht zu finden. Ich habe einen TB- Tausch gemacht.
Danke für den schönen Ort und die kleine Wanderung.
Gruß von Gisela"

Thanks

hollora
05-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Using a translator - this is what I got...........
"After a short walking distance, I stood on the high peaks in the sun and looked toward chunks. Nix with a view, because there were thick clouds. The cache was easy to find. I have a TB-swapping made."

Team2hunt
05-14-2009, 06:09 AM
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

Remember that not everything will translate well into english. But with the aid of your GPS'r you should still be able to make the find. :p

dubord207
05-14-2009, 06:19 AM
You were close! Chunks is actually a place, probably a village he could see in the distance. As far the TB, he made a swap leaving one of his own TB's and presumably taking Bruce's TB, gave thanks for both the hike and the view.

Using a translator - this is what I got...........
"After a short walking distance, I stood on the high peaks in the sun and looked toward chunks. Nix with a view, because there were thick clouds. The cache was easy to find. I have a TB-swapping made."

TeamHorwich
05-14-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought you had asked if anyone spoke, "Garmin" ; )

Trick or Treat
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I thought you had asked if anyone spoke, "Garmin" ; )

lol. good one.

hollora
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Dubord speaks both..........LOL

Team V3
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I only speak two languages. English and bad English. (No I do not mean the cheesy 80s band either.) :)

dubord207
05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I had the very good fortune of spending a year and half in Vienna Austria while in college. While my German isn't perfect by any stretch, I still know how to order another beer, and ask for an attorney to be present for any furthur questioning.:D

Trick or Treat
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I had the very good fortune of spending a year and half in Vienna Austria while in college. While my German isn't perfect by any stretch, I still know how to order another beer, and ask for an attorney to be present for any furthur questioning.:D

Throw in 'bathroom' and you have the trifecta.

WhereRWe?
05-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Sheesh! I had the very good fortune of spending 7 years in Belgium - the beer "mecca" of the world. I can vividly remember having Stella Artois delivered to our doorstep in wooden crates...

(Speaking of Austria... I "popped the question" to RULOST2? in Saltzburg,
Austria! She said "yes", and we honeymooned in Paris. :D:D:D)

Mainiac1957
05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I only speak two languages. English and bad English. (No I do not mean the cheesy 80s band either.) :)

Not heard of Bad English from the 80's, but I have heard of Modern English.:confused:

ltlindian
05-14-2009, 09:10 PM
sings<<<
When I see you smile, I can face the world. OOOOHhhh, Yea I can do anything. Yeah.

Totally 80's, baby! :D

ltlindian
05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTPZeo3Lps

so you can share in the singing.... :)

Sudonim
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Sheesh! I had the very good fortune of spending 7 years in Belgium - the beer "mecca" of the world. I can vividly remember having Stella Artois delivered to our doorstep in wooden crates...

(Speaking of Austria... I "popped the question" to RULOST2? in Saltzburg,
Austria! She said "yes", and we honeymooned in Paris. :D:D:D)

How romantic! That must have been way before you got your journeyman curmudgeon license:D

Trick or Treat
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTPZeo3Lps

so you can share in the singing.... :)

I am so embarrassed to say I used to like this song.

Mainiac1957
05-16-2009, 06:18 AM
That's John Waite! I too used to like him as well. Love the 80's music.

firefighterjake
05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
That's John Waite! I too used to like him as well. Love the 80's music.

Hmmm . . . now I'm picturing Brad back in the 1980s . . . wearing parachute pants and Miami Vice pastel shirts. :D;)

Team V3
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
lol I had the long hair but no on the Miami Vice Pastel look. And yes, I remember when this song first came out. lol It was John Waite and Neal Schon(sp) from Journey on guitar.

WhereRWe?
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Sheesh! Can't believe that this thread has gone WAAAAY off topic. And I see that I probably hijacked my own thread! LOL!

(But looking back through this thread, there's more to the story of RULOST2? and me. We got married in the little village of Maisieres, Belgium in a civil ceremony, conducted entirely in French. We had no idea what was going on, although we took Dutch friend with us who could translate and tell us what to say, what to do and where to sign. LOL!

Team V3
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL Sorry, I did contribute to the Hiacking. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Team V3
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Hijacking even

WhereRWe?
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL Sorry, I did contribute to the Hiacking. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Sheesh! Not a problem! I'm definitely not a member of the "Topic Police", and I've hijacked more threads than you can imagine - all in the interest of good discussion and not being malicious. LOL!