View Full Version : It's Official! Gob-ler is on the Move!

Gob-ler
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
At 3 PM today the official word came that we are on the move to Beaver Falls, PA (Western PA). We will arrive there on July 1.

Oh yes, one other thing, there were pages and pages of new caches nearby.

Cache on!

kayakerinme
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
:( to see you leaving
:) it's relatively close

Team2hunt
05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
706 miles and about a million caches to get there! :p

Good luck. :D

Now go get some rest. :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
05-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't forget to use "Caches Along a Route"... :D:D

tat
05-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Congratulations! I know you have done a lot of good work here in Maine both in your job and in Geocaching. We sure are going to miss you.

How far is that from Falling Waters? (http://www.fallingwater.org/)

hollora
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't know the words - but - away - but, not so far.........your work continues and you have led by example. May we all remember the lessons. Perhaps a few of us might get a road trip to visit.

I think we all know - you will keep in touch! And visit when you can.

This new adventure will open opportunity and another journey of life for you. Seize the energy of all it has to bring.

You will be a leader in your new assignment - not only professionally but personally and in all you do. My personally best to you and Kathy in this next adventure.

Team Richards
05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
We're so glad to have met and gotten to know you and Kathy.
Sorry that you have to go, but we have a GPS and I bet we can find Beaver falls PA.

hollora
05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
We're so glad to have met and gotten to know you and Kathy.
Sorry that you have to go, but we have a GPS and I bet we can find Beaver falls PA.

Oh yes, Amen! Road trip! :):D:)

Team2hunt
05-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Heck, I'll be ranked third in the state Of Maine. Woohoo! :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know I'll pay for this tomorrow. :cool:

Sudonim
05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
We will miss you, your competitive spirit, your kind words when they are needed most. Don't forget to write :)
(I know that a fresh caching area is breaking your heart, right?)

Hopefully your new office looks out onto a street where you can place a devious cache and watch cachers beat themselves up looking for it.

pjpreb
05-15-2009, 11:06 PM
On a professional level, I have enjoyed working with you and Kathy and supporting the Salvation Army. This community will miss the good work you have done for the most needy of folks.

On a personal level, Pete & I will miss your friendly smile, and competitive caching spirit. Be well, and all the best to you in your new community.

Mainiac1957
05-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Kathie and I will certainly miss you and Kathy. You selfless giving to the communities, both at work and the Geocaching. Yes, PA is not that far away, and maybe they will have a big event there next year so we can all get together. :cool: Hope to see you before you depart, but my next few weeks are a bit busy. Take care....

EMSDanel
05-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, Dick, it's the end of one era for us and the beginning of a new one for you. I just know there will be a huge void here in Maine when you are gone. Please know that when you see the sign that says "Leaving Maine", just before you climb up onto the bridge in Kittery, it's important to remember there is another sign in the northbound lane that says "Welcome to Maine, the Way Life Should Be". It will be pointing directly at you whenever you come back this way. Stay safe, my friend.

vicbiker
05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Dick, it has been a great pleasure for me to have gotten to know you and working with you at the elf event last year will always be a memory that I carry with me. Keep up the great work you and Kathy do for those least fortunate. Thank you also for your support of the JD Foundation.

benandtina
05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi! My husband and I are new to the community and haven't had a chance to get to know anyone, so we haven't met you, but we wanted to wish you both the best of luck!

firefighterjake
05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Gob-ler . . . definitely a sad day for Maine geocachers. Your caches have always been great . . . but more important we will miss you.

Team V3
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Bummer that you are moving but Team V3 wishes you the best of luck and thank you for everything that you have done for the caching community here. Now show those cachers from there how we do caching here in Maine :)

Waterski
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Gobbler, it just won't be the same without seeing your posts on all the new caches that come up. Best wishes to you both as you leave on your next adventure. I enjoyed meeting your wife in Windsor. Whoever is FTF king in Pa. will be surprised when you move in.

TRF
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Best wishes to you Gob-ler. You will truly be missed here in Maine.

FuddsGirls
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Too sad.... My girls have decided that you are someone they look foward to seeing even though we aren't very active lately. Personally I enjoy mr and Mrs Gob-ler's smiling faces also. Best of luck to you both and God bless.

pm28570
05-23-2009, 06:23 AM
While we have not yet had the opportunity to meet, I look forward to the day we do. As mentioned, there certainly will be a void. Good luck on this next chapter!