View Full Version : A "7" cache for the AlphaNumeric

pm28570
05-26-2009, 08:35 AM
For those completing the AlphaNumeric challenge, I've placed GC1RW1G 707/KC-135. While one "7" cache has been disabled, there are at least 2 others, still active, in southern Maine. Not a spectacular cache, but will help those doing this challenge.

hollora
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the placement - and I don't think it will get wet! Nicely done.

masterson of the universe
05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Grabbed it today at lunch. Thank you. Had I been a little bit quicker and left for an extended break, I might have been able to get the FTF. Some day I'm going to pay for a premium membership to get the phone alerts...Someday.

pm28570
05-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. Having been there, I think you can see how it easily becomes "winter friendly".

I would urge you to consider a premium membership, or even drop some hints for birthday, Fathers Day, etc. Speaking for myself, it clearly opened this activity up even more with the abilities to use PQ's let alone the other benefits. Coupled with cacheberry for my Verizon (shameless plug) Blackberry Curve, it's made it more enjoyable, about 68% more geeky and besides, it's really cool. One word of caution, it does not prevent DNF's. Errrr!

firefighterjake
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
For those completing the AlphaNumeric challenge, I've placed GC1RW1G 707/KC-135. While one "7" cache has been disabled, there are at least 2 others, still active, in southern Maine. Not a spectacular cache, but will help those doing this challenge.

Thanks . . . this helped.

NativeMainer
05-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I saw your thread and said "Horray!" I need a 7 to help complete my Alpha-numeric challenge (I'm missing 7, 9, 0, X & Z). Then, I noticed it's in Hampden. Oh, crap.

I did place a Z in Biddeford, partly to help with said challenge, though.

LaughingTerry
05-28-2009, 12:34 AM
I have a "7" out. 7 Million Mosquitoes. It's near Madison. GC1RXA0

pm28570
05-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Pretty cool name, Terry. And accurate too......

I have a "7" out. 7 Million Mosquitoes. It's near Madison. GC1RXA0

pm28570
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Head up anyway. There's a Z in Frankfort, an X in Orrington and then either the Hampden 7 or LT's 7 Million Mosquitoes. Orrington/Bangor is a cache rich area.

I saw your thread and said "Horray!" I need a 7 to help complete my Alpha-numeric challenge (I'm missing 7, 9, 0, X & Z). Then, I noticed it's in Hampden. Oh, crap.

I did place a Z in Biddeford, partly to help with said challenge, though.

LaughingTerry
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
I have X marks the spot near Madison too. Maybe a Z will come next. LOL

hollora
05-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah - it's nice to get the letters and numbers in other areas of the state. We have a lot of miles from N to S and E to W..........and along the way inbetween.

robt
05-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Well this post motivated me to go do this and I have almost completed it. I have all the Caches, just wondering if the number is spelled out if it counts as the number, Seven of Hearts. Then I just need to wait till the next time I drive up to Bangor so that I can log the Cache :(

But it was a fun day, ran up to 3 mile lake and then paddled out to that cache and then off to Fairfield and Waterville to get X and Z then back to Lisbon Falls to get 6. Was a fun run and the storms even worked their way over during my drive time :)

pm28570
05-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Believe spelled out would be for the "S" requirement. So, need the numeral 7. LT has a new one published that would be closer to you, 7 Million Mosquitoes.
Then again, you also have one wildcard that you could use in place of the 7.

Well this post motivated me to go do this and I have almost completed it. I have all the Caches, just wondering if the number is spelled out if it counts as the number, Seven of Hearts. Then I just need to wait till the next time I drive up to Bangor so that I can log the Cache :( [QUOTE]/QUOTE]