View Full Version : Chat progams on the site

attroll
04-22-2005, 01:28 AM
wbdent It has come to my attention that I did put the new chat program up without asking if it was OK. My intentions were to put it up so everyone could see it and try it out and see which one they liked better and then vote on it. Now the question is which one do we keep?

Mainiac1957
04-22-2005, 06:39 AM
It won't let me vote

brdad
04-22-2005, 08:11 AM
It won't let me vote, either.

But I vote for the original, since it is based on irc chat (Unless I am wrong in the fact that the newer chat is not irc based).

With irc based chat, people can use other chat programs to access it, and I can use MS Agent so I don't have to read what everyone is saying :D

tat
04-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't have much experience with chat rooms, so my only comment is that I like bigger text. Perhaps there was a way to change the text in the old chat prog. that I didn't know about. (It sucks, getting old! :) )

Brdad: You don't read what everyone says? :)

Haffy
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Brdad read? Gee I didn't know he could read. :D :D :D

Haffy
04-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Also, is there a way to include the smilies in the quick reply box instead of the post reply box?

Haffy
04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Also can we get Rick a spell checker....lol :D :) :)

attroll
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Woops. I had to move it to the voting forum. Dah. It should work now. Sorry.

WhereRWe?
04-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Woops. I had to move it to the voting forum. Dah. It should work now. Sorry.

I don't know.... There's still only 1 vote, MINE. (But everyone knows how much I love to express my opinion! LOL)

brdad
04-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Brdad: You don't read what everyone says? :)

I don't have time to read what you say. I have web pages to view! Caches to log! It's much easier to just let my computer read it to me.

If you get a chat program like mIRC or Trillian, Tat, you can set the font to nearly whatever size you want.

Beach Comber
04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
:eek: Bruce - You like to share you opinion? No way - I didn't ever pick up on that!! hehehehe

:rolleyes: Haffy - you are the one who needs the spell checker - hehehehe - but the question is, what on earth language would it be in?

:p For those who couldn't vote - sounds like it is just as well anyway since Bruce's will be the only one that counts as he points out.

Those comments are all in jest. These comments are for real.....

:D Rick - No need to apologize for placing the chat on the website. I think (IMHO) that we recognize that you are continuously searching for new and interesting things that we might like to try and/or implement. Your efforts are appreciated!!

:D I have no preference - each format has it's pro's and cons. I'll vote accordingly.

Cache Maine
04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
After spending a little time in the VBChat last night, I vote for the original hands down. There's no question. :D

attroll
04-27-2005, 01:46 AM
wbdent After chatting with other members. It has seems that the new chat program called VbChat is not very good at all. So I will be removing it within the next couple of days.