View Full Version : Maine's DeLorme Challenge

Team2hunt
06-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Recently there has been a renewed interest in the Maine DeLorme Challenge. Possibly due to the reduced gas prices from last year. There have been 2 teams that have signed the official logbook this Spring and 2 more Maine cachers that have completed the challenge and will also sign the logbook. Today I received a very special gift. Chip from DeLorme has placed several beautiful and popular coins in the cache to be discovered by those who complete the challenge. I am very pleased to have had Team DeLorme partner with me, and promote this Maine cache.

So what are you wainting for.......gas up the geo-mobile, grab your Maine DeLorme Atlas and head out. :)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0b270722-4e03-4ade-a56b-1d7f61d1ddb7

brdad
06-18-2009, 05:18 PM
The Delorme challenge in my opinion is a very worthy challenge cache. Thanks for taking it over and keeping it alive. I'm still waiting for caches to be placed in the last two maps so I can say I have truly found caches in all of them.

Hiram357
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
well as soon as a certain slacker, I won't mention names but lets just say his initials are FFJ, gets his but in gear we'll be down that way to sign it... ;):D

Mainiac1957
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I thought French Fry Joe retired from caching.:rolleyes:

Mainiac1957
06-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Sometime I just can't help myself...:o

Hiram357
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Sometime I just can't help myself...:o

Thread derailerer!! geeeze why dontya try to sell us some cell phones or something!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:D:D

hollora
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Just noticed one of those lovely Team DeLorme Eartha coins was added to the final (for discovery only - of course). To view that beauty is worth going to complete this challenge.

Am happy I did it (and with a great friend) and look forward to going back sometime and hitting the additional maps where caches have been added. It was an awesome journey!

Thanks for keeping this alive Team2Hunt!

firefighterjake
06-19-2009, 08:36 AM
well as soon as a certain slacker, I won't mention names but lets just say his initials are FFJ, gets his but in gear we'll be down that way to sign it... ;):D

Patience young grasshopper . . . all good things come to those who wait . . . and now as part of your continued training in patience I will ask you to go wax my Honda Accord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PycZtfns_U

Just remember, wax on, wax off . . . wax on, wax off . . . wax on, wax off.

Mr. Miyagi
French Fry Joe
Firefighterjake

P.S. Maybe next weekend? I gave you the option of this weekend, but you said something about doing your Hiram Calendar Photo Shoot in front of the potato fields in the County.:D;)