View Full Version : Looking for ideas...

softball29
06-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I am always bad with goals for travel bugs and such.

For our caching trip to Maine in August, we are planning on activating and releasing a handful...

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas?

brdad
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Have one go places you'd like to go but might not get to - you mentioned lighthouses and covered bridges.

WhereRWe?
06-26-2009, 07:07 AM
We've always loved TB logs that contain a picture of the TB in exotic/interesting places. Perhaps as Brdad suggested, a Lighthouse TB, but with a request that it be photographed at lighthouse caches. :D:D

firefighterjake
06-26-2009, 07:58 AM

For our caching trip to Maine in August, we are planning on activating and releasing a handful...

1) Send them to places you might like to go some day . . . and request folks to take pics.

2) Send them on a state-wide tour . . . or nation tour

3) Get two of them (or more) and race them . . . I had two fire engine TBs that I set loose with the goal of reaching a specific cache in Alaska near my sister . . . it was kind of fun tracking where they were in relation to each other

4) Get a TB with a specific goal . . . I made a mini Bangor Ladder with the goal of having it visit certain key areas that had major fires.

5) Or you can do the easy thing for most cachers . . . just have the goal be that it visit caches so it wanders here and there

TRF
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM

hmmm, here is a goal, to be logged into 100 caches in one day. One suggestion would be to drop it off in Costigan, ME and see if anyone is willing to take on that challenge. :D

benandtina
06-26-2009, 04:11 PM
3) Get two of them (or more) and race them . . . I had two fire engine TBs that I set loose with the goal of reaching a specific cache in Alaska near my sister . . . it was kind of fun tracking where they were in relation to each other

I LOVE the race idea!!!!!! I may use that one too :)

Maybe you can leave one at the furthest point of your trip from your home and ask to have it travel back to you?

masterson of the universe
06-26-2009, 04:26 PM
hmmm, here is a goal, to be logged into 100 caches in one day. One suggestion would be to drop it off in Costigan, ME and see if anyone is willing to take on that challenge. :D

I'll be doing this run on Friday July 3rd with Drwhogrl if the TB gets up here that quickly. I plan on dropping my own personal bug at least on each end so it wouldn't be much of a bother two do 2 at at time. If anyone else is going to be out there that day, give a shout. More people = more fun...

brdad
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Where is Cindy the Cinderblock when we need her? :rolleyes:

dubord207
06-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Whatever you do, try to have a good time, okay? So far, everybody that's gone north for the SMR marathon has had way too much fun! I"m waiting to see if somebody that has actually DONE these caches has a negative comment or two.:) It's like brocolli....I won't say I don't like it until I actually try it!

WhereRWe?
06-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Where is Cindy the Cinderblock when we need her? :rolleyes:

Cindy (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=13b1a541-9283-486a-b12e-c39d530aad70) is currently in Ohio.

FFFarmer
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM
1) 4) Get a TB with a specific goal . . . I made a mini Bangor Ladder with the goal of having it visit certain key areas that had major fires.

That could be about anywhere when C-Crew is on duty.