View Full Version : Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!

TRF
07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Let it be known that on this day, July 9th 2009, Shuman Road Searchers has surpassed the "1000th found geocache" milestone.

As we acknowledge Jim's hard earned place in history we must also recognise that his trusty Garmin Vista gallantly and safely brought him to each and every cache on his journey toward this awesome milestone. So, as we express our congratulations and adulations towards Jim's triumph we also must share in Jim's recent loss; his Garmin Vista DIED on this monumentus day! All is well for in the Vista's passing a new Garmin has entered Jim's life to assist in his quest to achieve his 2000th find.

Congratulations Jim and thank you for letting me take part on this historic day!!

Cache On!!

hollora
07-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on a huge milestone. It took me two years but the journey was awesome. Hope you have enjoyed your journey and here's to many more happy times on the trails.

Also - thanks for all you have put out too!

Ekidokai
07-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Congratulations.

That's too bad about the GPSr. Should have had a Magellan. 7 years and still going strong.

Congratulations and best wishes.

cachecrashers4
07-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats on your milestone! Sorry to hear about your trusty friend.

dubord207
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
What a fast 1000 that was! Glad to be along with you for a bunch of them and of course racing around at all hours of the night chasing the FTF's. Did you spill some of Brian's new brew on the Vista? You can't kill those things. Did you run over it with your car?

Congrats, my friend and I look forward to our continued friendship and caching adventures! Now on to 2000!:)

hide_from_the_kids
07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Congrats to you and we hope you find many more and place as many as you can.

fins2right
07-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Congrats, it's telling you to by an Oregon

pm28570
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Congrats on 1K! Wait for it..........it's coming...........Which one was your favorite?

EMSDanel
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I've really enjoyed all the caches you have put out....wait a minute, I haven't found all that you have put out!....but I hope you know what I mean. Forget about going on to the 2,000 mark for awhile....for now, just sit and think about all the joy you have had getting to this 1,000 find milestone. Isn't it a satisfying feeling? I'm sure it's been an incredible journey. 1,000 times you have said "Found it". Very, very cool, indeed. Congratulations.....and thank you for all you do for the rest of us.

Team Richards
07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Congratulations!!!! Do you Remember all that you have done, the hikes in the rain, (I'm sure there were some of those), the DNF's, (have to have been some of those as well), the cut, the scrapes, the bugs, the friends, the new places you have found. What a great time!

bsstacey
07-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Congratulations to my big brother on his milestone. I still remember when he opened up the christmas gift containing the now dead Vista. The GPSr acted as our timekeeper in Baxter and has been a trusty cache companion for over a year now. I can't wait to see the new handheld in action next weekend on our trip up the Golden Road.

Now hurry up and get down here to New Hampshire so we can finish up the NH Alphabet challenge.

Hiram357
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
grats guys! that came pretty quick! :D:D:D

benandtina
07-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the Garmin :(

shuman road searchers
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Many thanks to all for the congrats! I have yet to meet some of you but you can not be to bad because you do cache! I have a hard time narrowing down 1 cache that is my favorite. I have memories from every cache that I have found! I remember a Saturday morning when LT had 3 new ones in New Sharon that I beat Mapachi to and another LT cache that Bsstacey and I were neck deep in snow taking the short cut. I have done about half of my caching with my wife or son or Bsstacey(my brother) and each cache (guardrail or ammo can in the woods) has great memories! Another favorite was the night I had a casche published for Kaching Karens event and Mapachi had hide one within 10 feet and neither of us new it but mine was published first and Gob-ler was the FTF on Mapachi's hide which never got published! I recently have done a bunch of caching with Trezurs r Fun and have had a blast, I think! Steve took us on the Stud Mill road and forgot to get gas first so we almost ran out on rt9 on a Monday morning at 1 am and he uses a stamp to sign the logs! Damn stamp! All kidding aside, Steve has become a good friend! I have also spent some time with everyone's favorite lawyer Dan. I have many memories from going 120mph on the back roads of maine in his Z to racing him around the county side for the FTF's and doing the Centum in NH. Through all of it Dan has become a great friend and was a great teacher to me when I first started this obsession! I think, with all of that being said, That my most favorite cache was http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2a50f91a-b5da-4a19-9482-4b9717bc2bdf. The view was wonderful and my whole family was there with me! Again, thank you to everyone

shuman road searchers
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
How could I forget that 1 crazy evening with my first to find female friend Tandemstoker trying to beat Pat to the FTF's on the Yorktown series. Running through chest deep water and bouncing out in the back of Pats truck?!

pm28570
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for answering and what a great response. Not easy to narrow one down for sure. And I really like the "double placement" for Karen's event. Seems LT comes up a lot when I ask this question! :D

Many thanks to all for the congrats! I have yet to meet some of you but you can not be to bad because you do cache! I have a hard time narrowing down 1 cache that is my favorite. I have memories from every cache that I have found! I remember a Saturday morning when LT had 3 new ones in New Sharon that I beat Mapachi to and another LT cache that Bsstacey and I were neck deep in snow taking the short cut. I have done about half of my caching with my wife or son or Bsstacey(my brother) and each cache (guardrail or ammo can in the woods) has great memories! Another favorite was the night I had a casche published for Kaching Karens event and Mapachi had hide one within 10 feet and neither of us new it but mine was published first and Gob-ler was the FTF on Mapachi's hide which never got published! I recently have done a bunch of caching with Trezurs r Fun and have had a blast, I think! Steve took us on the Stud Mill road and forgot to get gas first so we almost ran out on rt9 on a Monday morning at 1 am and he uses a stamp to sign the logs! Damn stamp! All kidding aside, Steve has become a good friend! I have also spent some time with everyone's favorite lawyer Dan. I have many memories from going 120mph on the back roads of maine in his Z to racing him around the county side for the FTF's and doing the Centum in NH. Through all of it Dan has become a great friend and was a great teacher to me when I first started this obsession! I think, with all of that being said, That my most favorite cache was http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2a50f91a-b5da-4a19-9482-4b9717bc2bdf. The view was wonderful and my whole family was there with me! Again, thank you to everyone

pjpreb
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Congrats! Ain't this just too cool!?