View Full Version : Another one for FFJ!

Hiram357
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, Firefighterjake is another year older today! :D

So to celebrate I would like to take this thread and derail it with the first post!! ;):p:rolleyes:

WHO LIKES PUPPIES!?!?!?! :D:D:D:D

hollora
07-14-2009, 04:24 PM

So to celebrate I would like to take this thread and derail it with the first post!! ;):p:rolleyes:

Me, me - are we going to give FFJ a puppy for his birthday? Oh, what kind of puppies? Heidi may not approve! And I am not into those kind either................

Seriously - enjoy the day Jake!

Sabby
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Happy Birthday FFJ ! :)

pm28570
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Now that's funny.

Oh yeah, Happy B-day FFJ.

So to celebrate I would like to take this thread and derail it with the first post!! ;):p:rolleyes: WHO LIKES PUPPIES!?!?!?! :D:D:D:D

Mainiac1957
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
happy birthday to is that a kumquat or is that a puppy.

Hiram357
07-14-2009, 04:49 PM
happy birthday to is that a kumquat or is that a puppy.

asparagus!!!!!!! :D

shuman road searchers
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Happy birthday asparagus! You to FFJ!

dubord207
07-14-2009, 07:00 PM
While Jason is listed as "39" I've heard he would have been 41 if he hadn't been sick for 2 years!:D:D

cachecrashers4
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday!

Sudonim
07-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Happy birthday Jason! (I hope you showed up to your own party...)

Ekidokai
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Oooohhh, puppies taste good, dipped in gravy or maple syrup.

Happy Birthday.

fins2right
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Oooohhh, puppies taste good, dipped in gravy or maple syrup.

Happy Birthday.

Or "Cat" sup. Thank you folks, I'm here all week. Try the veal. :D:D

Hiram357
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
ok folks, we're still a little too on topic with this....:rolleyes:

who likes beer??? :D:D:D

squirrelcache
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Who's one sick puppy!? Seriously..........Happy Birthday!

firefighterjake
07-15-2009, 07:16 AM

I like other people's puppies, but would not want any of my own . . . athough Theodore Roosevelt thinks he is a dog half of the time and thinks he is a person the other half of the time.

Oh yeah, thanks for the well wishes, surprising me last night (I'm still a bit traumatized from seeing you jump out of the giant cake . . . or was that a giant blueberry cobbler . . . wearing nothing but Speedos) and of course for my now prized possession -- THE POTATO ROCK.:D

firefighterjake
07-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Me, me - are we going to give FFJ a puppy for his birthday? Oh, what kind of puppies? Heidi may not approve! And I am not into those kind either................

Seriously - enjoy the day Jake!

Is "puppies" a code word for something else Lois since last night you were talking about all kinds of things which made poor Aaron blush . . . :D

firefighterjake
07-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Happy birthday Jason! (I hope you showed up to your own party...)

Well yeah . . . but Aaron surprised me as originally I was just going to have a relatively quiet night since Heidi was working . . . my thoughts were to go watch a cheap movie and then join him, Calico and my good friend Joe at the Weathervane (since they give you $10 off on your birthday . . . and I love Red Tide clams) . . . so I was a bit surprised to find a few other familiar faces there at the restaurant.

And then I had an even better surprise (I know, I know Hiram . . . it's hard to believe that anything could top your gift to me of a rock that looked like a potato) but I came home to find my wife home . . . with a DQ ice cream cake. Turns out they were over-staffed and so they allowed her to go home.

All in all, it was a fantastic day . . . maybe not as great as my 24th birthday . . . but it was pretty darn close.

It started out with the Secretarys giving me some kisses (the chocolate ones) and some brownies . . . ate lunch with the Fire Inspector who shares my birthday . . . came back to find that the on-duty crew had bought me cake and ice cream (the first time in the 14 years I've had a birthday at work) . . . then a movie . . . dinner . . . ice cream cake . . . and being able to hang out with my wife.

firefighterjake
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM
ok folks, we're still a little too on topic with this....:rolleyes:

who likes beer??? :D:D:D

I prefer woodchucks.

benandtina
07-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day!!! Happy birthday!!

Well yeah . . . but Aaron surprised me as originally I was just going to have a relatively quiet night since Heidi was working . . . my thoughts were to go watch a cheap movie and then join him, Calico and my good friend Joe at the Weathervane (since they give you $10 off on your birthday . . . and I love Red Tide clams) . . . so I was a bit surprised to find a few other familiar faces there at the restaurant.

And then I had an even better surprise (I know, I know Hiram . . . it's hard to believe that anything could top your gift to me of a rock that looked like a potato) but I came home to find my wife home . . . with a DQ ice cream cake. Turns out they were over-staffed and so they allowed her to go home.

All in all, it was a fantastic day . . . maybe not as great as my 24th birthday . . . but it was pretty darn close.

It started out with the Secretarys giving me some kisses (the chocolate ones) and some brownies . . . ate lunch with the Fire Inspector who shares my birthday . . . came back to find that the on-duty crew had bought me cake and ice cream (the first time in the 14 years I've had a birthday at work) . . . then a movie . . . dinner . . . ice cream cake . . . and being able to hang out with my wife.

EMSDanel
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Hey Jake....Happy Birthday....

I don't know, though, about that woodchuck thing you have going. And it goes back quite a ways.....I'm remembering your Out of Place cache next to the little cemetary in Bangor. Seems you've had a woodchuck fancy for a long time now..... :D

hollora
07-15-2009, 11:03 PM
And FFJ - perhaps that new headlamp will shed some light on it - and better yet, if you give up - just play a hand of cards. You are the best buddy! Happy B-Day!