View Full Version : Change in Board Members

Advisory Board
07-21-2009, 03:03 PM
The board is sad to announce that Medawisla is stepping down from her position as a board member. Her compassion for others, dedication to the environment, and her positive and fun attitude in these forums and on the trail and events, not to mention her phenomenal work on the newsletter, will be missed by all of us.

The board would also like to announce that it has unanimously decided on someone to fill Stephanie's position. As one of the candidates in the last board election, Ekidokai was asked to take over her position on the board, and he has graciously accepted. With his unique outlook and dedication to the site he will undoubtedly make a great addition to the board.

All comments are a collaborative effort of the board members.

ltlindian
07-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Cool! Congratulations to ekidokai! (wow, I almost spelled that right without looking!)

lexmano
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Mike,

Lets celebrate! Diet Moxie and Ribs! See you tomorrow.

Haffy
07-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry to see you go Steph but I can understand and just want you to know that you will be missed. I also would hope that one of the board members will take up the slack and continue with the newsletter that you so graciously undertook each month. I miss that very much. Good luck in your life and hope you can continue with us and post as much as you can in here.

Good luck Ekidokia and you have some big shoes to fill,well maybe not big but around size 6 or so....;)

tat
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Steph: Thanks for all you have done!

Ekidokia: Congrats and thanks for stepping up and volunteering. I hope you find the experience rewarding.

Opalsns
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Medaweisla, You are a sweet, and considerate person . I hope you get a chance to accomplish all that is important to you.

Ekidoki, I nominated you for board member back during nominations, because in the short amount of time you had been caching, you had reached many milestones and had placed some super caches. I knew then that you would be an asset to the board and help newcomers keep the interest. I'm happy you accepted the position.

Opalsns

WhereRWe?
07-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Sheesh! Medawookie was a major contributor to GCM.org and will be missed. Just don't give up geocaching, and we'll see you on the trail sometime.

Ekidookie: Been there, done that, know what you can expect. Good luck!

firefighterjake
07-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Thank you Steph for all that you've done . . .

And thank you Eki . . . Eke . . . Mike . . . for volunteering.

squirrelcache
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey Mike.... thank you. Speaking from experience elsewhere... someone has to do it. Give it your best.....QTIP(Quite Taking it Personally) often, and leave the business of things where it belongs, protecting your passion for caching and the fun. So thank you very much for stepping up.

Team2hunt
07-22-2009, 08:08 AM
I know that I am not the only one that will be missing you. Thanks for all that you have done to further the cause of the site, with the newsletter and your ability to make us all smile. :D

Ekidokai
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Now for my first act as supreme ruler and lord of all I see. Let it it known far and wide.

Nano's are banned.

lexmano
07-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Now for my first act as supreme ruler and lord of all I see. Let it it known far and wide.

Nano's are banned.

RECOUNT!!! RECALL!!! REGURGITATE!!!

TAT, pay no attention to him!! I would have to archive more than half my hides!:)

squirrelcache
07-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Steph we've not formally met.....been to events together and believe I know you by face. Thank you so much for your investment, far larger than many will know. Just know that we see many fruits of your labor and appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you out there.

squirrelcache
07-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Nano's are banned.

Oh nooooooo.......... I just found some gorgeous ones out in the woods. I hope the owner's able to obtain permission so they can stay.

hollora
07-22-2009, 02:55 PM
To both Steph and Ekidokai - the very best! You are both - the best - thanks for all you do!

brdad
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
And just when I was about to submit my "1000 Nanos down the Penobscot" series... :(

Team2hunt
07-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Nano's are banned.

It's about time that a board member actually did something. Way to go Mike! Supreme ruler of all that you see and finder of none in the colder months of Winter. :rolleyes:

EMSDanel
07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey Steph......Let me add my name to the list of those who appreciated your efforts. Happy trails from this day forward.

fins2right
07-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Nano's are banned.

Nahh, we'll just keep putting them out and calling them Micro-Mini's :D

Haffy
07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
It's about time that a board member actually did something. :rolleyes:

Oh oh,that's a low blow to all the board members.... I was one once too...;) :p

Team V3
07-23-2009, 09:38 AM
LOL Kudos Mike! Though sometimes I like the challenge of a good nano :)

dubord207
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Just returning from an "internet free" excursion at Baker Point Brook on Moosehead. Great spot, weather not great, but company (Di, Nick and Bo) perfect.

Steph, you're a class act and are always the picture of civility within this organization. Di and I wish you well and hope you eventually return to caching.

Mike, if the org had a magazine, you'd be on the cover for "Cacher of the Year," hands down. Your huge series was the most enthusiastically received caching event I've seen in my brief caching career and generated a lot of positive comment. Through it all, you've stayed above the minor criticism andhave:) taken the high road. You're a perfect candidate for the Board! Good luck to you!

pm28570
07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Like Dan, just back from camping at Azicohos Lake where cell phones and Blackberry's do not have coverage. Perfect! While I have not had the pleasure of meeting Steph, I wish you well. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mike and again, wish you well in this endeavor. For you both, thank for participating at these levels of the caching community.

Uh.........Dan.........a sensitive question but have to ask........how much beer did Bo drink?

hollora
07-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Like Dan, just back from camping at Azicohos Lake where cell phones and Blackberry's do not have coverage. Perfect! While I have not had the pleasure of meeting Steph, I wish you well. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mike and again, wish you well in this endeavor. For you both, thank for participating at these levels of the caching community.

Uh.........Dan.........a sensitive question but have to ask........how much beer did Bo drink?

Ah - PM - that is why there was a keg in the truck! ;)

dubord207
07-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Ah, Bo is still a minor by Labrador standards and doesn't drink. His older brother, Nick, is a lush and knocked over a dozen or so Heinken Lights during our vacation. He only gobbles up a dozen or so laps per knocked over bottle so it wasn't too bad and he didn't get belligerent until a moose came by...then he became hysterical and couldn't seem to bark loud enough! He slept poorly that night and we think he might need doggie electric shock therapy as a result of seeing a moose up close.

As far as me, well rainy weather doesn't dissuade me from my obligatory 2 martinis!:)

pm28570
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Ah, mistaken identity, my apologies. Probably only a dozen or so laps because it was a light beer.....:rolleyes::D

Ah, Bo is still a minor by Labrador standards and doesn't drink. His older brother, Nick, is a lush and knocked over a dozen or so Heinken Lights during our vacation. He only gobbles up a dozen or so laps per knocked over bottle so it wasn't too bad and he didn't get belligerent until a moose came by...then he became hysterical and couldn't seem to bark loud enough! He slept poorly that night and we think he might need doggie electric shock therapy as a result of seeing a moose up close.

As far as me, well rainy weather doesn't dissuade me from my obligatory 2 martinis!:)