View Full Version : Facebook question

attroll
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I know someone knows the answer to this.

I want to remove someones posts from my message board? This way when ever they post on facebook it does not show up on my page. I have this real annoying person that I get sick of that posts 5 million times a day.

Brad I think you mentioned to me once there was a way to do this.

Hiram357
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
awww c'mon rick, i'm not that bad.... :rolleyes:

If you move your cursor over the offenders comments you see a little dropdown menu on the rights side of the comment pop up that says "hide" it only shows up if you scroll over the comment. Then you can click "hide *person*" :D

firefighterjake
07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
:D

If you move your cursor over the offenders comments you see a little dropdown menu on the rights side of the comment pop up that says "hide" it only shows up if you scroll over the comment. Then you can click "hide *person*" :D

Yeah Rick . . . Hiram isn't that bad . . . I mean, just because every one of his posts have to do with beer shouldn't mean that you ignore him. ;):D

squirrelcache
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Rick.....sounds like someone that needs to be introduced to geocaching. That would definitely give them opportunity for "doing"........instead of just talking.

brdad
07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
If it's the apps that keep popping up, I use the Facebook Purity greasemonkey script (http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=95548474076&h=AXaPp&u=-hK0A&ref=mf) for Firefox. It hides all of those annoying apps created by external developers from any user. All those stooooopid IQ tests and Mafia War posts (No offense to those who play, well not much anyway :rolleyes:)are hidden from view!

Hiram357
07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
...Mafia War posts (No offense to those who play, well not much anyway :rolleyes:)are hidden from view!

*cough cough* ANDY *cough cough* :rolleyes:;):D:p

tat
07-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Sounds like you need antisocial networking. (http://www.snubster.com/) :)

Haffy
07-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I like the idea of Snubster!!!

WhereRWe?
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Beer? Did someone mention beer? :eek::eek:

Hiram357
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Beer? Did someone mention beer? :eek::eek:

I love beer! :D

firefighterjake
07-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I love beer! :D

Even beer with olives and mushrooms as garnishes?:D;)

WhereRWe?
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Even beer with olives and mushrooms as garnishes?:D;)

YES! (But as garnishes on the pizza we'll have with the beer.)

I'd never liked olives before, but I fell in love with them while we were in Morocco - there was a big bowl of them on the breakfast buffet table at the hotel so I tried them. Now I buy them all the time.

attroll
07-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Rick.....sounds like someone that needs to be introduced to geocaching. That would definitely give them opportunity for "doing"........instead of just talking.
This person is a geocacher. I am not going to say any names but if they were on your list you would know who I was talking about. And no it is not Hiram.

attroll

Thanks Hiram. That seems to have done it.

Gob-ler
OK Rick I'll change my ways! Seriously, Brdad, nice script!

Ekidokai
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
OK Rick I'll change my ways! Seriously, Brdad, nice script!

I'm in Pennsylvania or I was, where were you? I might be back, Don't know where I'm going from here.

Gob-ler
07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
In the western part near Pittsburgh.

I think the locals have noticed I am here!

Hiram357
07-25-2009, 07:54 PM
This person is a geocacher. I am not going to say any names but if they were on your list you would know who I was talking about. And no it is not Hiram.

yahoo, i'm flattered it wasn't me!:D:D:D

Thanks Hiram. That seems to have done it.

Yeah, I've had to do that to a few people. too...:rolleyes::D

Trick or Treat
07-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I have this fb friend I know because Dawn used to work with her. She has a 5 year old son and a live in boyfriend. She updates her status at least four times a day and it's always: "having lunch with my man", "taking a nap with my son and my man", "going on vacation with my man". Dawn unfriended her because she couldn't take it and the girl messaged me wanting to know what was up. In the end Dawn hid her, but I kept her. It's just too fun reading all her updates to Dawn! Mwuahaha!

Sudonim
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM
*cough cough* ANDY *cough cough* :rolleyes:;):D:p

yeah, and who was already playing when I got sucked in???:p

Sudonim
07-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Rick, don't know if it's me or not (my mother-in-law was going to defriend me due to the Mafia Wars thing...), but you can block an application without blocking a friend. In my example, if a Mafia Wars announcement pops up, click on the upper right side. You can block the friend, OR block the application. That way you can still see all the (non Mafia) posts by that person, but you aren't totally annoyed by some game you have no interest in. While I'm into Mafia Wars, I could care less about my sisters rabid interest in collecting eggs on Facebook, or her farm creatures. I block them, but still see her other posts. Hope that helps:D

Hiram357
07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah, and who was already playing when I got sucked in???:p

yeah, but who passed my level by over 100 lvls in the first week of their playing Don Andy.... :p:p;):D:D

firefighterjake
07-27-2009, 04:02 PM
yeah, but who passed my level by over 100 lvls in the first week of their playing Don Andy.... :p:p;):D:D

Careful there Hiram or Don Andy will be fitting you for a pair of cement shoes! :D;)

Team V3
07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
I have this fb friend I know because Dawn used to work with her. She has a 5 year old son and a live in boyfriend. She updates her status at least four times a day and it's always: "having lunch with my man", "taking a nap with my son and my man", "going on vacation with my man". Dawn unfriended her because she couldn't take it and the girl messaged me wanting to know what was up. In the end Dawn hid her, but I kept her. It's just too fun reading all her updates to Dawn! Mwuahaha!

Is that an evil laugh I hear?

attroll
07-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Rick, don't know if it's me or not (my mother-in-law was going to defriend me due to the Mafia Wars thing...), but you can block an application without blocking a friend. In my example, if a Mafia Wars announcement pops up, click on the upper right side. You can block the friend, OR block the application. That way you can still see all the (non Mafia) posts by that person, but you aren't totally annoyed by some game you have no interest in. While I'm into Mafia Wars, I could care less about my sisters rabid interest in collecting eggs on Facebook, or her farm creatures. I block them, but still see her other posts. Hope that helps:D
No it was not you Andy. But now that I know this, how do I unblock a person so that I can block just there application.

squirrelcache
07-28-2009, 10:56 AM
You know the old saying... "The only stupid question is the one not asked"!? Thank you Rick for speaking up......learning a ton about FB here....

Sudonim
07-28-2009, 11:55 AM
No it was not you Andy. But now that I know this, how do I unblock a person so that I can block just there application.
I'm not sure if you can unblock someone, or if you have to refriend them.

Hiram357
07-28-2009, 03:41 PM

this is right from the FB help page

How do I remove someone from my Block List?
You can do this by clicking Remove next to their name from the bottom of the Privacy page (http://www.facebook.com/privacy). However, this will not automatically add them to your friends list. Instead, you will need to search for them and send them a friend request.