WhereRWe?
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Are you a left-wing wacko or a right-wing nut? Find out at this site:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

(And I'm not telling!!!)

:D

Sudonim
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
This was a pretty cool site. Lots of info on world figures (and your results may not be exactly where you thought they would be...)

becket
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
that was cool! thanks!

Beach Comber
04-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Hmmmmmmm - politics on this website? I seem to remember a request some time ago not to go that route here.
Ahhhh yes - it is all coming back now.

Life is ironic is it not?
Consider that someone asked me not to make political references just a bunch of months back - and "ask" is putting it mildly!! Yet that person is now bringing the topic of politics into the site. I have to say - it made me chuckle.
Bruuuuuuuuuce? What is up with that? :eek: Do tell!
Oh wait - no, don't tell. hehehe :p

No frustration or anger here - just find the irony of the situation very interesting ;)

Scudrunr
04-24-2005, 07:04 PM
It's wrong, that is all.

***EDIT: The survey said that i was something which I dont want to be, Beachcomber is not wrong***

***EDIT: I dont actually know if Beachcomber is right or wrong***

Beach Comber
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
LOL - I'll clear that up for you.....I'm right - hehehe

brdad
04-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Are you a left-wing wacko or a right-wing nut? Find out at this site:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

(And I'm not telling!!!)

:D

Trust us, Bruce; You don't need to tell :D

WhereRWe?
04-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Hmmmmmmm - politics on this website? I seem to remember a request some time ago not to go that route here.
Ahhhh yes - it is all coming back now.

Life is ironic is it not?
Consider that someone asked me not to make political references just a bunch of months back - and "ask" is putting it mildly!! Yet that person is now bringing the topic of politics into the site. I have to say - it made me chuckle.
Bruuuuuuuuuce? What is up with that? :eek: Do tell!
Oh wait - no, don't tell. hehehe :p

No frustration or anger here - just find the irony of the situation very interesting ;)

Did I make any political statements? I don't think so. In fact, I very pointedly said that I would NOT post my point on the "political compass". So there's no irony involved. There is a difference between "taking sides" or espousing "confrontational" points of view, and posting a link to an entertaining (and unbiased) site.

:p

brdad
04-25-2005, 07:07 AM
It says I'm a "Middle of the line instigator". These things never get me right.... ;)

WhereRWe?
04-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Trust us, Bruce; You don't need to tell :D

Actually, you'd be quite surprised - I was. LOL! :D

Beach Comber
04-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Not to belabor the issue, but I just have one last rebuttle to my earlier comment. And then, YES, I will leave it alone.
(I heard those sighs of relief - LOL!!!)

Here is the request that was made on 12/16/04...
"Lets PLEASE keep polkitics out of these forums, PLEASE."

Here is my comment from yesterday...
"Consider that someone asked me not to make political references just a bunch of months back - and "ask" is putting it mildly!! Yet that person is now bringing the topic of politics into the site. I have to say - it made me chuckle."

Hmmmm - I may be incorrect, but I think that the original post (copied below) in this thread did have a political reference.
"Are you a left-wing wacko or a right-wing nut?"

I agree, it did not make a poliltical "statement" as is mentioned here...
"Did I make any political statements? I don't think so."

But alas, a political reference for sure and definitely the introduction of politics into the site via this thread.

I take things literally, so when asked to keep politics out of the forums, I thought that was the request. In fact, it seems as though politics is ok as long as one's personal political views are not shared. Not sharing personal opinions also seems somewhat ironic to me given some of the posts that I have seen along the way and especially lately regarding favorite caches.

Silly me and all this time I thought that opinions are frequently shared here, pleasant or otherwise. It seems to becoming a more challenging issue. It certainly is for me anyway and I suspect for others. I have no issues with opionions, but more so with the presentation itself. My intent was to make a point and share the irony in a fun sort of way rather than ripping someone apart.

Enough said - I will get off my soapbox and not reference such irony in the future. It speaks for iteslf.

d’76
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
That was kinda scary.

Beach Comber
04-25-2005, 10:22 AM
The test? I agree!

WhereRWe?
04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Not to belabor the issue, but I just have one last rebuttle to my earlier comment. And then, YES, I will leave it alone.

OK, I'll admit it, you've paid me back for criticizing your post. :p

Yes, we could have a lively debate as to whether or not I "introduced politics" into the forums. I apologize for this if this was the effect. It was DEFINITELY not my intention.

I saw this link when cleaning up my bookmarks, and with the recent "word association" and "music chain game" posts, I thought this would be fun. I tried to provide a little light entertainment, and apparently failed in the eyes of at least one person with a prior gruge.

"Is that your final answer, Bruce? Yes, final answer". ;)

Neoncouple
04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
this one is much shorter.... http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html