View Full Version : EMSDanel goes over 2000!

hollora
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
While we were doing the SMR caches, EMSDanel suggested a few others - while we in the area. Regular ones which were not PNGs. :D

So, we did a few more caches than were actually on his check list of caches telling him how many we had done for the day. He actually thought he was a few short of that 2000 mark when we finished the d ay. After all are logged - everything is said and done - he hit 2000 during our marathon caching day.

Way to go Dan! Here's to many more......and the journey continues. :)

squirrelcache
07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow.....too cool. Congrats!! I can see how someone might lose track of where their goal/mile marker is during an SMR adventure. In that case the 2000th doesn't matter as much as what you were doing....I hope. I'll be looking for you on the trails......Very soon ;)

pm28570
07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Dan, I can think of no one who deserves congrats more than you, on reaching this milestone. Your participation and leadership in the caching community is a bahr that is over and above; from placement of caches to events to being a role model for beginner cachers. Of course, I have to ask and I am really looking forward to your response, which one was your favorite?

fins2right
07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
It's kind of cool that I got to meet you on the trail during the quest for 2000. Cache Happy!!

Kaching Karen
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
At a go, Dan! :):):)

dubord207
07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Way to go Dan! And I thoroughly agree that caching is just one of the bundle of activities this kind man does well. I'm proud to consider Dan as a friend and confidante.:)

shuman road searchers
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Congratulations Dan! It is hard to believe with everything else you do that you have time to cache let alone find 2000!

Trick or Treat
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Congratulations Dan! Don't know how you find the time with all that you give back to the community, but I'm glad you do!

Sudonim
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Congrats Dan! I followed you and Lois-Ann on Sunday, saw many of your sigs on the SMR.

Team Richards
07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Way to go Dan. congratulations here's to many more,

cachecrashers4
07-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Congrats on your 2k milestone!

Gob-ler
07-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Wow Dan, I remember when you were just starting out and now you have 2000!

Congratulations to one of the best!

hide_from_the_kids
07-28-2009, 01:43 AM
dan congrats on your 2000 hope to meet you again on the trail

Opalsns
07-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Yay EmsDanel!

Sabby
07-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Congratulations :)

kayaking loon
07-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow, that's quite a milestone! And so sorry we missed you on the Stud Mill Road on Sunday! As I told Lois-Ann, I had homemade brownies to share with everyone too! Congrats again!! :)

EMSDanel
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Of course, I have to ask and I am really looking forward to your response, which one was your favorite?

Thanks to everyone for the warm regards. It certainly has been a fun ride, meeting many new friends and creating stories along the way. I've always liked the caches that result in a spectacular view: Beech Hill Cache in Camden, Parks Pond Bluff, Schoodic Mountain, Bald Mountain in Dedham, and some of Groleau's mountain-top caches. But I keep going back to DaveandGail's cache in Millinocket called "Bubbling Spring Cache." That was special because it was in very deep snow and as I was putting on my snowshoes a moose came wading down the narrow road by the spring right toward me and didn't stop until I became quite nervous and spoke to it. We looked at each other for a few moments, the moose turned around and headed back up the road , then turned left and into the woods. As it turns out, the moose walked within a foot of ground zero and brought my attention to a landmark that I was looking for to find the cache. I've never had an animal lead me directly to a cache since. Happy Trails, everyone....

TRF
07-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Congratulations!!

WhereRWe?
07-28-2009, 07:32 PM
But I keep going back to DaveandGail's cache in Millinocket called "Bubbling Spring Cache." That was special because it was in very deep snow and as I was putting on my snowshoes a moose came wading down the narrow road by the spring right toward me and didn't stop until I became quite nervous and spoke to it. We looked at each other for a few moments, the moose turned around and headed back up the road , then turned left and into the woods. As it turns out, the moose walked within a foot of ground zero and brought my attention to a landmark that I was looking for to find the cache.

Dan - I don't usually participate in the "you've got how many?" accolades, but this post inspired me to say "Well Done"! It shows that you appreciate what geocaching offers to many of us: What Maine is really like. Next time you make a geocaching trip to our area, let me know. I'll drive... :D:D

pm28570
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Course, I'd like to think you can count on Millinocket folk.....but you know I'm going to be biased. :) Thanks for a great answer.

But I keep going back to DaveandGail's cache in Millinocket called "Bubbling Spring Cache."

hollora
07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
And as I read EMSDanel's post I could not help but thing that moose was just darn thirsty! And on Sunday - Ralph, Francis Family and I got to see a moose family (well Ralph and I saw the kid - but Francis Family got to see the MaMa) on our retreat from the B-52 Crash Stash in Greenville. This is what caching is truly all about in our great state!

hollora
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Not a paid member so can't figure out how to correct but my post should have read - "could not help but think" rather than "thing". Oh well -

Haffy
07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Not a paid member so can't figure out how to correct -

Well it's about time you joined don't you think?....;):D

Waterski
07-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Dan- One more congrats to you on hitting the 2,000. That is an accomplishment for sure. I sure appreciate all you have given back in the way of fine caches that you have hidden for the rest of us. Its always a treat finding one of you caches.........