Hiram357
07-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Is now posted!!!

GC1WGN4

I'm still tryin to think of a clever name for it though...... :D:D:D

WhereRWe?
07-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Is now posted!!!

GC1WGN4 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1WGN4&Submit6=Go)

I'm still tryin to think of a clever name for it though...... :D:D:D

Sheesh! I'm going to have to do another tutorial on clickable links, I guess. LOL! :p:p

firefighterjake
07-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I hope to be there . . .

Tread Lightly 2009: The Triumphant Return of Hiram?

Haffy
07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Sheesh! I'm going to have to do another tutorial on clickable links, I guess. LOL! :p:p

Yeah please do, I forget how all the time....lol

Hiram357
07-29-2009, 04:00 PM

well, I didn't want everyone to get all lazy on me, so I thought it would be good exercise for everyone to copy and paste then go search for the cache page.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):p:p:D

hollora
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Gee and I sent you a name suggestion - Ghost Stories........

robt
07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Is this going to accessible without a 4x4?

Opalsns
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
How about :

Tread Lightly 2009 - Trails and Tribulations

brdad
07-31-2009, 06:18 AM

Sheesh! With my GSAK macro, they don't even have to think about it; just highlight the cache in the list and copy for forums, then paste it in your post! It comes out all nice and pretty!

TL 2009: (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=14803583-ccef-43f6-ab59-9a19ab4ed970) (GC1WGN4) by The Maine ORCAs (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=399366) (3.5/3.5)

EMSDanel
07-31-2009, 06:35 AM
Trails and Tribulations....that's a good one!

Hiram357
07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Is this going to accessible without a 4x4?

getting to the campsite should not be a problem, we can drag just about anything in... :rolleyes:

the campsite is on a dirt road, I don't think it will be a problem getting there with 2wd, just watch out for the big rocks :D

Hiram357
07-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I hope to be there . . .

Tread Lightly 2009: The Triumphant Return of Hiram?

Triumphant retrun from what?? Outer space, the amazon, dysarts??? :rolleyes::D

hollora
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM

What about - Are We There Yet!?! :) And I agree with EMSDanel - Trails and Tribulations is good too! ;)

Hiram357
07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
What about - Are We There Yet!?! :) And I agree with EMSDanel - Trails and Tribulations is good too! ;)

I dunno... I was thinking maybe "operation orca" we could put jake in the orca costume and dress him up like a commando... (or heh.... wait for it...) a SEAL!!! HAHAHA I crack me up! :D:D:D:D

Opalsns
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
What ??
Jake's Going Commando??????

Mainiac1957
08-02-2009, 11:34 AM
What ??

Now I have to poke my computer with a sharp stick to get that out of it's memory.:eek::eek::eek:

firefighterjake
08-03-2009, 07:39 AM

The Triumphant Return from Being 4WD-less . . . ;):D

firefighterjake
08-03-2009, 07:40 AM
I dunno... I was thinking maybe "operation orca" we could put jake in the orca costume and dress him up like a commando... (or heh.... wait for it...) a SEAL!!! HAHAHA I crack me up! :D:D:D:D

Hey, you get the suit and I'lll wear it . . . heck I'd even wear it all the way to the campsite.

firefighterjake
08-03-2009, 07:40 AM
What ??

HehHeh . . . this gave me quite the laugh . . . thanks Opalsns.

And yeah, I think her idea of Trails and Tribulations was pretty good.

bgrffdave
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
This year will you be doing a "collect the keys" thing like at a party with alcohol... not because anyone will be drinking and driving but to keep tabs on breakfast??

Hiram357
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
This year will you be doing a "collect the keys" thing like at a party with alcohol... not because anyone will be drinking and driving but to keep tabs on breakfast??

sort of... we're actually going to slash all of jake's tires while he's asleep... :rolleyes::D

Hiram357
08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
haha, I just thought of a good title TL 2009: All Your Breakfast Are Belong To Us!!!! :D:D:D:D

bgrffdave
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Sly reference...

While you may bring your own breakfast it will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!

Hiram357
08-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Sly reference...

While you may bring your own breakfast it will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!

hahah, thank you for understanding the reference! :D:D

firefighterjake
08-06-2009, 07:52 AM

Wouldn't work Dave . . . I have spare keys and know where Hiram hides his spare key. ;):D

Hiram357
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't work Dave . . . I have spare keys and know where Hiram hides his spare key. ;):D

So what you're saying is we should slip some benadryl into your woodchucks to keep the breakfast safe??? :p

Mainiac1957
08-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Jake usually sneaks of to cache in the wee hours. There is only one or two caches with 1000 miles of TL2009 ground zero.:rolleyes:

firefighterjake
08-07-2009, 07:18 AM
So what you're saying is we should slip some benadryl into your woodchucks to keep the breakfast safe??? :p

You can . . . but benadryl combined with alcohol may enduce a greater amount of snoring. ;):D

firefighterjake
08-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Jake usually sneaks of to cache in the wee hours. There is only one or two caches with 1000 miles of TL2009 ground zero.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I noticed that . . . I'm not quite sure of what I would do with no local caches to do before all of you sleepy heads get up and get moving.

firefighterjake
08-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Have you got many folks coming Hiram? Any good routes planned? What's your three-day plan of attack?

firefighterjake
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Aaron . . . I was looking at the map and trying to determine what caches will be available . . . there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of local caches so it seems as though most of the caching would be on the way in or the way home from the event. What is the best route to the site . . . I mean this one seems a bit off the beaten path compared to past events.

attroll
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Is anyone going to show up on Friday night?
Also keep in mind for those attending that there is a gate fee at the Jo-Mary gate.

Hiram357
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Is anyone going to show up on Friday night?
Also keep in mind for those attending that there is a gate fee at the Jo-Mary gate.

Ill be there friday night, so will brad, dave and gail might.

the gate fees are posted on the cache page :D

There's a really cool cache on the way in, "jo-who" I forget who placed that one....:rolleyes:

are you gunna make it up for the event rick???

And to anyone else going up bring your kayak/canoe brad, me, dave & gail, and lois are bringing boats. :D

Hiram357
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Aaron . . . I was looking at the map and trying to determine what caches will be available . . . there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of local caches so it seems as though most of the caching would be on the way in or the way home from the event. What is the best route to the site . . . I mean this one seems a bit off the beaten path compared to past events.

no, there's not a whole lotta caches up that way, but it's still a nice area, and the caches around there are some nice ones. theres always the ride into wheelbarrow pitch you can do, the bridge is out but you can probably hike into 10-40, and gauntlet falls is on the way too.

I plan on hiding a short poker run on fri night, and there will be a $20 cache prize for the first person to replace "the wandering orca" cache up by chamberlain... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

so with that to do, the kayaking, and the hanging around the campground eating and havin fun. maybe we can have a beanbag tourney too. I think there will be plenty to keep us entertained. :D

Hiram357
08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Have you got many folks coming Hiram? Any good routes planned? What's your three-day plan of attack?

well, i was thinking we'll keep to the traditional "play it by ear" approach. that method hasn't failed us the last 3 years... ;):D

right now it's looking like a total of 8 that have confirmed coming. which is pretty good since the usual TL group is 6 to 12 :D

attroll
08-07-2009, 09:39 PM
are you gunna make it up for the event rick???

I am going to try to make it if I do not have to work. I figured I could knock out two birds with one stone. Since the Appalachian Trail is less then a mile from the event, I figured I would do some trail magic for the hikers. I have to leave Saturday though if I make it.

firefighterjake
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I hope to be there . . . but at this point I'm beginning to waffle . . . it's quite a ways for very few caches . . . I'll see what the weather brings.

Hiram357
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope to be there . . . but at this point I'm beginning to waffle . . . it's quite a ways for very few caches . . . I'll see what the weather brings.

remember jake, it's not all about the numbers.... :D

eebee
08-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I knew I was going to enjoy the event when, within 5 minutes of arriving, I was already in my kayak :) It was a great time. Thanks!

hollora
08-16-2009, 07:32 PM
;-) Wonderful memories - that's all I can say.

Ekidokai
08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Ah memories...I wish I had some.

Hiram357
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I knew I was going to enjoy the event when, within 5 minutes of arriving, I was already in my kayak :) It was a great time. Thanks!

;-) Wonderful memories - that's all I can say.

Yeah, the kayaking, the swimming, the food, the beanbags, the horseshoes, the campsite (which I think was the best site yet for a TL event) was all awesome. And the company was what made it even better. :D

Thanks to everyone that helped out; lois for the prize detail, brad and dave for the ez ups, jake for the fire detail, brad again for helpin out with the pancake breakfast, and the dogs for helping to keep the campsite clean by picking up all the food we dropped. :D

This was definitely a great event, here's to next year! :D:D:D

Haffy
08-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a great time was had by all. One of these days I'll make it back to enjoy the fellowship. I sure do miss everyone.

TRF
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a great time was had by all. One of these days I'll make it back to enjoy the fellowship. I sure do miss everyone.

Just do it. You know you'd be welcomed back!!

firefighterjake
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, the kayaking, the swimming, the food, the beanbags, the horseshoes, the campsite (which I think was the best site yet for a TL event . . . especially the outhouse which was without a doubt the best one ever ;):D) was all awesome. And the company was what made it even better. :D

Thanks to everyone that helped out; lois for the prize detail, brad and dave for the ez ups, jake for not stealing breakfast, brad for showing me what a real 4WD vehicle can do, and the dogs for helping to keep the campsite clean by picking up all the food we dropped. :D

This was definitely a great event, here's to next year! :D:D:D

There I fixed your post . . . ;):D

Actually, it was one of the better Tread Lightly events . . . good people, good place and good food.