View Full Version : Quebec City

dubord207
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Di and I are headed to Quebec City a couple months from now and it's not too soon for us to start running PQ's and getting some general guidelines. I can't seem to get a good starting or center point. Perhaps a cache close to the Old City will help get me started.

Then, we have 3 days and I assume there are some on this site that would suggest some can't miss caches. Merci beaucoup pour la aide. Combien d'argent pour une martiini double?:)

hollora
07-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Hee, hee - the Mega was there and I never made it into the old city. There was a virtual there that sounded intreging - cannon ball into a tree. Some of the folks did it. I would look for that and go out from there. Another time I will get it.

There is also a WhereIGo cache close too, I think. Team2hunt and kayakerinme can help on that and team2hunt has an Earthcache up there I think.

Morancy Falls is a must do and we had the pleasure of viewing the Fire Works competition - OMG! How cool!?! Son and d-i-l are headed up in another week or so for a few days - their "go to" place.

Enjoy your visit!

dubord207
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Great spot, if you look at our Avatar, that's where it was taken!:)

Team2hunt
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Here is the virtual within the old city of Quebec.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0bf0fc70-b897-48a3-ac94-ac2d69d9c0ef

And my Earth cache is actually in Ottawa. Hog's Back Falls.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d1b4b079-f211-487d-b42b-3f08562c7543

Have a great trip! :)

Waterski
07-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Yes, The cannon ball in the tree is a good one that you will find easily. We missed a few due to too much snow during winter carnival. The falls was something at that time of the year. People were ice picking up the sides and the fall made a huge mountain of ice below it. Quite a sight. Have a great time. There will be much going on in the old city this time of year. The cannon ball is right in the middle of the old city and a good starting point I think.

Sudonim
07-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Pedalchick and I did the cannonball when we were up there in the winter. Cool history.