View Full Version : Life's Journey - Katadin Goddess

hollora
08-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone who has been on this site very long knows the name Katadin Goddess, aka, "The Goddess". She is a lady who loves music, owns a Jeep, has many Geocaching finds and has put out her share of caches.

KG has just suffered, probably, one of the greatest losses one may be dealt in life. Her beloved son Ryan, 27 years old, passed away yesterday. Chercacher has been in touch with KG and KG did want her GCM community to know of her loss. Chercacher asked me if I would please post a note to these forums.

Final detail and an obituary are being worked on today. For those of you who may want to be with her during this time - basics of the planning which has already been done are visitation at Funeral Alternatives on Tampa St. in Lewiston from 4P - 7P Wednesday. The details for the funeral on Thursday are still being worked on.

I am sure KG would appreciate quiet thoughts and prayers at this time. Chercacher and vicbiker are planning on doing some things, so please contact them for more information and coordination.

We never know where life's journey may take us. It does help knowing a wonderful community of friends surround us.

squirrelcache
08-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Elaine......our thoughts and prayers are w/you :((

hollora
08-08-2009, 08:17 PM
KG has released details of the services - at St. Peter's Cemetery Chapel 11 am thurs and I believe this is Lewiston.

Folks if you are not on Elaine's FB - this a a good place to post your thoughts and condolences to her. I am sure she will apprecitate it.

EMSDanel
08-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I,m so sorry, Elaine, for this sudden tragic event. Your life has changed forever. Please know that our heartfelt condolences go out to you and that there are many, many friends who are thinking about you at this time. I wish I could make the hurt go away.....

Opalsns
08-09-2009, 09:29 AM
So sorry for this great loss. Our prayers go out to you and yours.

Opalsns

TRF
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Our heartfelt sympathies go out to you, KG, and to your family.

Team2hunt
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
We want to send our condolences to you and your family. We are saddened by your loss. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

fins2right
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
I cannot imagine what KG is going through and I sincerely hope that it helps, even a little, for her to know that she is our thoughts and prayers.

steverph
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
We are so sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

shuman road searchers
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Our many condolences to you and your family for the tremendous loss!! I cannot imagine what you are going through!

Ekidokai
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
My heartfelt deep sympathy and condolences to you.

hide_from_the_kids
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers

Sabby
08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear such bad news. May it comfort you to know that we share in your sorrow and hurt. I know the pain at a time like this seems unbearable but with time and understanding friends it will lessen. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

pm28570
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
For a lot of us, it's not possible to know and understand the pain you are experiencing now, but do know that many of us care and support you in these dark hours. Take care.

Waterski
08-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I am so sorry to read today that you have suffered such an enormous loss and send heartfelt sympathy in this difficult time. May the love and thoughts and prayers of your friends help you start the healing process and help you through this.

firefighterjake
08-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Thinking of you and your family. . . .

Team V3
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't even imagine. Team V3 sends prayers and thoughts.

team teebow
08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Oh my, what tragic news.
All of team teebow will be praying and thinking of you and your family. Please feel this hug and know that you are in our thoughts.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

cachecrashers4
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
So sorry for your loss.

pjpreb
08-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Our deepest sympathy to you and your family

NativeMainer
08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, KG. My prayers are with you.

Mapachi
08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I haven't been on site for a while or I would have sent my condolences sooner.
I am so sorry for your loss, Elaine. Know that your many friends are thinking of you and are praying for you and your family in your loss.

Katadin Goddess
08-12-2009, 04:07 AM
i am overwhelmed with the thoughts & prayers from everyone. thank you so much. although i am not vocally active on the site, i do visit from time to time. ryan was my jeeping side kick, with the last venture to castle ledge in minot just less than month ago. i recall conversation with him about going back as it would be a great place to put a cache. maybe i'll put him in the cache since he made fun of me when out looking for tupperware (i wouldnt do that, put him in there) so today is the second worse day of my life ... couldnt sleep ... not the kind of goodbye i want to be saying.

thanks again, elaine

team moxiepup
08-16-2009, 09:53 AM
We are so sorry to hear of your loss. :( Please know that our thoughts are with you.

kayaking loon
08-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Elaine, I'm so very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I think we all share in your sorrow.

May you heal with time....