View Full Version : Speaking of TB's... question about TB courtesy

benandtina
08-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I placed two trackables in caches in New Brunswick over a month ago. One of them was a TB that just wanted to travel around and the other was a geocoin that wanted to go to Canada. Neither of those caches have visits logged since we were there. I feel bad that the trackables are sitting in caches rather than being moved around. Should I plan a daytrip to go back and move them in to other caches that are more frequently visited? Should I try to find someone in NB who can move it along for me?

squirrelcache
08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
On a good note.......sounds like they're safe ;) I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. You can't control what others do.....or the fate of a trackable. You did a good thing in moving them along.

Ekidokai
08-18-2009, 10:41 AM
You have completed your part in their mission. Congratulations.

I now have three or four TB's that have specific missions that I'm going to complete. One the DM Flyer Geocoin (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=7d742ac5-9341-4f30-a0c2-5c97212a7553) I'm going out today to drop it off in the cache it wants to be in.

I also have a large gorilla Wild Thing (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=fd2723da-93a3-46a5-b2fc-27d82b3d0e86) that needs to go to an event in Manchester. I keep watching but have not seen one, so I'm going to waite for another coffee break in the southern part of the state and drop it off there.

Bottom line is I think you have done your part. Sometimes it take a while.

firefighterjake
08-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Mike and Squirrelcache are dead on . . . you've done your part and moved on the TBs. It's up to others now to move them. One thing I try to keep in mind when moving TBs is to try to drop them in caches that a) appear as though they may be relatively active (i.e. not dropping them in caches in middle of nowhere) and b) are good containers that seem not as likely to be muggled or damaged from water/snow penetration.

Other than those two things . . . there's not much else for me to do . . . I've done my part to move them along . . . no need to return to move them again.

eebee
08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I stopped by the J&P cache a couple of weeks ago but ended up not searching because I was only wearing sandals and didn't feel like walking in the brush that day. I travel through St. Stephen frequently so I will make a point of stopping for the cache and moving the TB along. The other one you mentioned looks like a very interesting coin. That cache is a little out of the way but I will see what I can do. I do agree with the others that once you have done your bit you shouldn't worry about it :)

benandtina
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I stopped by the J&P cache a couple of weeks ago but ended up not searching because I was only wearing sandals and didn't feel like walking in the brush that day. I travel through St. Stephen frequently so I will make a point of stopping for the cache and moving the TB along. The other one you mentioned looks like a very interesting coin. That cache is a little out of the way but I will see what I can do. I do agree with the others that once you have done your bit you shouldn't worry about it :)

Thank you! That's very nice of you :)

WhereRWe?
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Thank you! That's very nice of you :)

The way geocaching should be...

hollora
08-21-2009, 06:29 PM
eebee is a sweetie - thanks our NB connection friend!

WhereRWe?
08-21-2009, 06:34 PM
eebee is a sweetie - thanks our NB connection friend!

"Our NB connection friend"? Sheesh! Lets not forget Starzz, from Campobello, who have been with us for quite a while, and who has also attended a couple of our events! :D:D

And I'm not denigrating EeBee - when we were in St. John, NB a couple of weeks ago, EeBee was very helpful. Alas, although we exchanged several emails while we were there, we were unable to get together for a face-to-face. But I think we'll return to St John again before the years is out... :D:D

eebee
08-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, I guess I didn't need to be worried about walking in the brush last time I was at J and P cache. I was driving through on my way to a lunch date outside Calais and was driving right by the cemetary so I stopped in. Found it quickly and retrieved the TB. I'll move it on somewhere in NB soon. Maybe next time I will have some extra time to visit the other cache and pick up the coin....

benandtina
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, I guess I didn't need to be worried about walking in the brush last time I was at J and P cache. I was driving through on my way to a lunch date outside Calais and was driving right by the cemetary so I stopped in. Found it quickly and retrieved the TB. I'll move it on somewhere in NB soon. Maybe next time I will have some extra time to visit the other cache and pick up the coin....

Thank you! That's so nice of you :) Did you notice the "Enter at your own risk" sign outside the cemetery? I got a huge kick out of it, lol.

eebee
08-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you! That's so nice of you :) Did you notice the "Enter at your own risk" sign outside the cemetery? I got a huge kick out of it, lol.

Yeah, that was creepy :eek: I've never seen that at the entrance to a cemetary before - lol. I don't want to think about what the 'risks' might be!