View Full Version : RE: Lighthouses

firefighterjake
08-21-2009, 07:33 AM
I know there is at least one other person out there besides me who likes lighthouses . . . figured I would post this since it might interest other folks as well . . . now if only there was a Monkey Day . . . for that matter, if only there was someone else here who liked monkeys like me.

http://www.visitmaine.com/attractions/sightseeing_tours/lighthouse/lighthouse-day/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=lighthouseday.com

Open Lighthouse Day

Team2hunt
08-21-2009, 07:37 AM
if only there was someone else here who liked monkeys like me.

Jake....I have never thought of you as a monkey. :rolleyes:

Not for a guy who likes lighthouses and long walks on the beach. Thanks for posting the open lighthouse link.

EMSDanel
08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Jake...just wondering.....how do you get a monkey to sit still and be quiet when you take them to the movies? ;-)

Mapachi
08-21-2009, 09:04 PM
How many balls can you fit on a brass monkey?

squirrelcache
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM
How many balls can you fit on a brass monkey?
All depends on the weather ;)

benandtina
08-22-2009, 10:52 PM
YAY Monkeys!!!

Wait, got confused. I guess we can dig the lighthouses too. I heard about this on twitter a few weeks ago and am super excited... it's the same day as the Last Cache Bashe event so we'll need to do some planning, but we'll definitely be checking out some of the lights before heading to the event.

If anyone wants to coordinate, we'd be happy to!

team moxiepup
08-22-2009, 11:52 PM
. now if only there was a Monkey Day .

There is a Monkey Day, it is celebrated on Dec 14th:D

squirrelcache
08-23-2009, 12:18 AM
. . . now if only there was a Monkey Day . . . for that matter, if only there was someone else here who liked monkeys like me......

Does it count if someone enjoys Acting like a monkey!? Climbing trees beats a workout in the gym Any Day! ;)

firefighterjake
08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Jake....I have never thought of you as a monkey. :rolleyes:

Not for a guy who likes lighthouses and long walks on the beach. Thanks for posting the open lighthouse link.

Guess you've never seen my tail. :eek:;):D

firefighterjake
08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Jake...just wondering.....how do you get a monkey to sit still and be quiet when you take them to the movies? ;-)

Answer: Just buy them a big bag of popcorn . . . they'll sit quietly the whole time, but will throw popcorn at random people the entire time.

firefighterjake
08-24-2009, 07:47 AM
There is a Monkey Day, it is celebrated on Dec 14th:D

Guess I better mark the calendar.

dubord207
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
For those of you who have visited our home, you know that we live on a penisula on 3 Mile Pond. The most recent addition here is an 8 foot tall lighthouse with white and red stripes like the Quoddy Head light. It has an authnetic mirror-revolving light that can be seen around the lake. It is located less then 50 feet away from my 3 Mile Pond Hike, kayak or Whatever Cache, GC1A7BX. I rationalized that if you own a point of land that extends out into water then you have to have a lighthouse! Come check it out!:)

hollora
08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
;-) And if like all you do - a great presentation for sure!

benandtina
09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I think we've decided how to spend Lighthouse Day :) We are going to go to Fort Point, Owl's Head and Rockland Breakwater bright and early before heading to the Last Cache Bashe event. We've already been up Fort Point and Rockland Breakwater but those appear to be the lights closest to the event, so they'll have to do!