View Full Version : Where's the edit button when you need it...

Team2hunt
08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
How come on some of my posts there is an edit button at the bottom of my post and on others there is not? Sometimes I need to corect my otrocious speling and bad us of English gramor. And sometimes I hear people telling me not to post THAT! So I change it after I have submitted it....Oops!

Is there a setting I am not using, or is it just my aging mind that cannot find it?

hide_from_the_kids
08-21-2009, 07:51 AM
from what i know if you are a donating member you can edit but only for a certain amount of time.

Team2hunt
08-21-2009, 08:14 AM
from what i know if you are a donating member you can edit but only for a certain amount of time.

I was able to edit the above post. The ability to edit comes and goes. So I do not think it is linked to be a donating member. Thanks for the response.

brdad
08-21-2009, 09:02 AM
There is a time limit on editing posts and IIRC it is different for members. It used to be unlimited edit time, but a few months ago someone abused the system by deleting a number of their posts which corrupts the affected threads.

Haffy
08-21-2009, 02:19 PM
It seems to be very unpredictable for non donating members as to how long you can edit your posts. When I for a while was a non donating member I wasn't even able to edit anything at all so hopefully Rick will buzz in here and tell the non donating members if there is a time limit or not and donating members as well.

hollora
08-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Rick explained to me the ins and outs of editing a while ago, but, it has never been as he described to me. I have just decided - it doesn't matter and if I spell wrong - those who know me will realize. Otherwise - does it matter?

brdad
08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I understand the frustration. I have been known to edit spelling on my posts months after posting, I hate my own typos.