View Full Version : just ordered my first signature item! :)

sarahinmaine
08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
...And am psyched so I thought I'd share. I found it on www.etsy.com a website for handmade items. I've attached a sample picture, not of mine--those you'll have to find out in the wild, or make a trade with me at the event next month in Eustis!

Happy caching!

-sarahinmaine

squirrelcache
08-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh cool.........congrats. Made my reservations and look forward to meeting you. I hope to have a sig. item done and maybe we can swap.

Trick or Treat
08-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Those are awesome!

kayaking loon
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting sarahinmaine nor her husband, skishop yet, but I can tell you, her (or their) caches are awesome! Be sure to find the two in Kingfield, Carabassett Valley and the kayak one from Myers Beach here in Eustis. Each one gets better than the last.

And that reminds me. I posted that we might have a "best cache container" contest at the Eustis event this year. The "might" is if anyone enters it. Winner to be chosen by popular vote. I was betting on Mapachi to win but now I think sarahinmaine just might be # 1! Anyone planning on entering the contest???

sarahinmaine
08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Do we need to bring pictures of our cache containers, or just nominate specific caches and hope that folks in attendance have found them to be able to vote on originality of the container?

Haffy
08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Just a guess but I'm thinking you might have to bring the cache container but I'm probably wrong as usual.

Ekidokai
08-29-2009, 01:04 PM
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting sarahinmaine nor her husband, skishop yet, but I can tell you, her (or their) caches are awesome! Be sure to find the two in Kingfield, Carabassett Valley and the kayak one from Myers Beach here in Eustis. Each one gets better than the last.

And that reminds me. I posted that we might have a "best cache container" contest at the Easts event this year. The "might" is if anyone enters it. Winner to be chosen by popular vote. I was betting on Mapachi to win but now I think trainman just might be # 1! Anyone planning on entering the contest???

I saw those things but the cost was a little high for as many as I wanted.

And now the contest. What are the qualifications?

As stated do you need to bring the container? I have one that has been out for about a year but it is an integral park of something that I can not bring.

Does it have to be a home made one? I have a few I got from people at the mega event that are crazy.

hollora
08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
sarahinmaine that is an awesome looking tag - thanks for sharing. Will be looking forward to meeting you in Eustis.

Ah - a contest - of course. Now, to put on my thinking cap and develop/create something.

fins2right
08-29-2009, 10:16 PM

And that reminds me. I posted that we might have a "best cache container" contest at the Eustis event this year. The "might" is if anyone enters it. Winner to be chosen by popular vote. I was betting on Mapachi to win but now I think sarahinmaine just might be # 1! Anyone planning on entering the contest???

My wife chipped away at that cache while I kayaked over to the other side and got both of KL's other caches from Myers Beach. I went about 1.4 miles round trip, I found my caches first. Sneaky!! I'm still in awe of a few of Mapachi's containers. That would be a tough contest !!:)

fins2right
08-29-2009, 10:17 PM
...And am psyched so I thought I'd share. I found it on www.etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com) a website for handmade items. I've attached a sample picture, not of mine--those you'll have to find out in the wild, or make a trade with me at the event next month in Eustis!

Happy caching!

-sarahinmaine

What catagory did you find them under?:confused: I went into Geekery, but that's just me! :-)

sarahinmaine
08-30-2009, 10:09 AM
What catagory did you find them under?:confused: I went into Geekery, but that's just me! :-)

There are actually a few items if you type geocaching into the search bar at the top (ignoring the categories on the left). I saw a listing for buttons, labels or tags from a store I had ordered from in the past and I convo'd the store to suggest he should list this item under geocaching. Store website is:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6014301

So of course then I went on to explain geocaching and he came up with the idea to use acrylics and make little 1 inch tags--and now my hubby and I will have signature items thanks to Rob doing some research on geocaching and a little back and forth with me on design. I anticipate that he will list these acrylic tags under geocaching soon.

squirrelcache
08-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I bought a sand blaster for playing w/glass, which isn't a great caching item. Acrylic is a great alternative...I've also played w/resin and and other moldables. I just haven't settled on a design yet....so many cool things to do...and so little time. It's great that you found a source where large numbers can be purchased. Thank you for posting the specifics..I couldn't find them on the site either. I used various jump rings for decoration. Can't wait to see your design.

sarahinmaine
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
If you are interested, you can now see the add for acrylic tags on www.etsy.com Just search geocaching in the search bar at the top of the web page. No, I'm not making any commission--just thought it was a fun signature item option at a good price by an independent biz person. :)

hollora
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
If you are interested, you can now see the add for acrylic tags on www.etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com) Just search geocaching in the search bar at the top of the web page. No, I'm not making any commission--just thought it was a fun signature item option at a good price by an independent biz person. :)

Amen and you are right on there about price, independent and all that...........thanks for sharing.

Ekidokai
10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Have you put any out yet?

hollora
10-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Yes, I picked one up at the Get Useless in Eustis event. Quality item - very nice. Thanks Sarah!

Ekidokai
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I want one. Any near by?

pm28570
10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Yup, there out there. Found one at an undisclosed cache, in an undisclosed location......:D Keep your eyes open for a SkiShop one as well. Mike....ya gotta make these Eustis events. :)

sarahinmaine
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Yep, they are out there! I think I put one in almost every cache we found at the Eustis event (20 caches that day). We've been caching close to home so none outside the Eustis/Stratton/Carrabassett Valley area...yet. :)

Ekidokai
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Look, that's not fair.

If your going to have a signature item and not spread them around a little your not playing fair.

hollora
10-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Look, that's not fair.

If your going to have a signature item and not spread them around a little your not playing fair.

Hee, hee - I didn't see any of your "famous" campfire SIs up in Eustis! ;)

Ekidokai
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I have spread them out in several states and put out a bunch in caches at a mega event. I do spread them out. Not Eustis yet. I'm working my way up there. Lincoln today maybe.

Although, somehow I did come across a fantastic signature item that someone else made. I might have to sponsor a run of those.

hollora
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I have spread them out in several states and put out a bunch in caches at a mega event. I do spread them out. Not Eustis yet. I'm working my way up there. Lincoln today maybe.

Although, somehow I did come across a fantastic signature item that someone else made. I might have to sponsor a run of those.

You know, I was kiddin' ya. Or I hope you do......... Sure did know you put them a ton of places til' you ran out of wood....LOL

Cache on..........

Ekidokai
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm wondering if I could get a bunch more of those you made?

hollora
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm wondering if I could get a bunch more of those you made?

:) Hum. seems I have your email. I can send you the file (pretty sure I kept it ~ or I could do it again)......and you know the store which carries the lamination sheets - it begins with a W....;)

Glad you liked them........

Ekidokai
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I loved them.

skishop
10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
We did drop off a few in DC when we were down there last month. Any planned trips down south coming up?