View Full Version : Shirts

pm28570
09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
I noticed yesterday and at other events, that some of the elder cachers :D have nifty Geocaching Maine shirts. Are these shirts still available? Perhaps this was a one-time thing?

brdad
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
The shirts were a previous order and get mentioned at many events. If someone wanted to take charge of the process I bet we could sell some more. If you think you'd like to help make it happen post a note in the feedback to board members forums and I think Rick can set you up with someone local that already has the design and any other details. Just give him a few days, he has been busy.

pm28570
09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks, more than happy to get involved. I will have a busy schedule traveling October through December, but if it's something that doesn't have to happen with urgency, than no problem.

attroll
09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
If someone wants to take on this project, I would be more than happy to give them a contact number.

squirrelcache
09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I saw the shirts and thought the same thing. Anyone be interested in ball quality caps also/instead?

attroll
09-13-2009, 09:27 PM
My contact can do the caps too.

tat
09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
I organized the first sale and still have all of the sewing files (for shirts) and lots of info. from the first shirt project.

squirrelcache
09-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Rick gave me contact info. from a recent order, and I hope to post an update today.

pm28570
09-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Personally, I would prefer a shirt.

I saw the shirts and thought the same thing. Anyone be interested in ball quality caps also/instead?

pm28570
09-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Thank you Tom.... no doubt will be in contact for the files. I'm presuming it's the logo in a jpg or bmp?

I organized the first sale and still have all of the sewing files (for shirts) and lots of info. from the first shirt project.

attroll
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Tat sent to me his files and they are the same files my contact has.

pm28570
09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Rick, thanks again. I presuming that the file is of the logo and copy?

Tat sent to me his files and they are the same files my contact has.

attroll
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
The file is of the logo that is on the shirts. Here is a small picture of the logo.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/images/shirt-logo-samples.jpg

hide_from_the_kids
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM
i have talked with the board last year about this and then i got to busy to do anything with this. i did get a contact for hats and shirts in the augusta area. i have emailed her and she is to get back to me on the prices and what she has for stock. i will let you know as soon as i get a response from her.

attroll
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Let me know what you get for prices. I can probably beet them. PM28570 has my contact persons info now to. He can also do this if he wants to. Hats can be really cheap depending on the style hat you want. They are easily under $10 each and sometimes much less.

pm28570
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Information is being gathered in regards to pricing, options, etc. As soon as it is received, either myself or Squirrelcache will post it here.

WhereRWe?
09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Glad to see the interest in a new shirt issue. I'd be interested in a couple more myself. We always take our shirts with us when we travel, and wear them to events in other states. You "stand out in a crowd", and are treated like a "professional geocacher"! LOL!

Opalsns
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Information is being gathered in regards to pricing, options, etc. As soon as it is received, either myself or Squirrelcache will post it here.

Great Idea, Thanx for getting it going .
they are good looking shirts, better than just Tshirts, are those called, Polo shirts?

Opalsns

squirrelcache
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
They are polo shirts...I'm also gathering info. for other apparel as well. And also hope to offer a politically/Green (USA/Organic) option as well. I haven't dropped the ball...just a bunch of suppliers to go through in hopes of finding the right color/apparel. Can't please everyone......but I sure can do my best to ;)

brdad
09-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Glad to see the interest in a new shirt issue. I'd be interested in a couple more myself. We always take our shirts with us when we travel, and wear them to events in other states. You "stand out in a crowd", and are treated like a "professional geocacher"! LOL!

Ok, that's it. Net time I'm getting a WhereRWe shirt as well! This brdad shirt does nothing for making me look like a professional geocacher! And I don't even have a coffee stain on mine! (Sorry, Tom ;))

WhereRWe?
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Ok, that's it. Net time I'm getting a WhereRWe shirt as well! This brdad shirt does nothing for making me look like a professional geocacher!

Sheesh! That's because RULost2? and I have matching shirts - a nice "forest green". I think you should buy a pink shirt so you and MsTeeLee will match...

:D:D

Haffy
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm all for the "organic" aspect of the shirts and look forward to seeing the results of all the apparel. We should all be trying to be as "sustainable" whenever possible. I am hoping to see the "T's" as well as the polo type shirts.

brdad
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Can you make a shirt out of oil? that's organic? :D

I prefer cotton, I know that's organic!

WhereRWe?
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm all for the "organic" aspect of the shirts and look forward to seeing the results of all the apparel. We should all be trying to be as "sustainable" whenever possible.

Sheesh! (I'd stop there, but the system doesn't allow one word responses...)

Waterski
09-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I have been ordering embroidered shirts yearly for a car club event from Whitt's Garments in South China, and dealing with Anita. They do fabulous work and extremely reasonable compared to others in my area. Maybe some of you are familiar with that business. You may want to get a quote from her. She has done t-shirts and golf shirts and visors and we have been very pleased with the product.

dubord207
09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Di and I would like matching geologo thongs. Di's will have the Latitude and well, mine will have the longitude....you think? No, the cache will not be a micro, not a puzzle, maybe a multi!:)

brdad
09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry Dan, virtuals are no longer allowed. :p

All kidding aside, I am so glad to see members take on a task like this to promote the site as well as providing a product. Kudos to all of those contributing.

pm28570
09-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for that. Squirrelcache and I have been getting info together and will present it when complete. There are a number of factors to consider such as cost, minimums, availability, etc. Squirrelcache has done a lot of legwork seeking vendors, pricing and such. I expect there will be a bit of options available.
While I would not classify myself as a "tree hugger", we as geocachers have a responsibility (sound familiar?) to consider the environment as well as projecting that image as well. I think that can be incorporated into these shirts.

I have been ordering embroidered shirts yearly for a car club event from Whitt's Garments in South China, and dealing with Anita. They do fabulous work and extremely reasonable compared to others in my area. Maybe some of you are familiar with that business. You may want to get a quote from her. She has done t-shirts and golf shirts and visors and we have been very pleased with the product.

Haffy
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Has anyone considered this company? http://www.libertygraphicstshirts.com/

masterson of the universe
09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Or maybe even try to give the business to someone local and go to Berg Sportswear in Corinna? Appears they can embroider just about anything and theres only a 36 order minimum. Check it out here (https://www.bergsportswear.com/productcart/pc/berg_embroidery.asp).

squirrelcache
09-15-2009, 10:41 PM
There are a Ton of company's out there....and that's just in-State. It can be hard enough to go through all that One company has to offer! Many of them use the same suppliers. So really it comes down to price, service and turn-around time.

squirrelcache
09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
You know what!? Even better......everyone wants to pitch in.....and has great ideas. If you have a good source...do the research and post your suggestion/findings in Full. Otherwise there's not enough time for any One person to chase them All down. I guess from there you can all vote on what product/price/supplier you want to go with.

pm28570
09-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Hmmm, wondering if it's too late to move my campsite at Eustis......or charge admission.....far too many things going thru my pea-sized brain this morning.

Oh....by the way, careful where you place the decimal point on the cords:rolleyes::D

Di and I would like matching geologo thongs. Di's will have the Latitude and well, mine will have the longitude....you think? No, the cache will not be a micro, not a puzzle, maybe a multi!:)

EMSDanel
09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
You know what!? Even better......everyone wants to pitch in.....and has great ideas. If you have a good source...do the research and post your suggestion/findings in Full. Otherwise there's not enough time for any One person to chase them All down. I guess from there you can all vote on what product/price/supplier you want to go with.

Sooooo.......anyone want to design the 2011 shirt? Please, please, please....I'mjust kidding!!!!!

rcwhit
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Hi Guys! fairly new to the sport and this site. Wanted to see if I could REALLY post a note! :) Like the idea of the shirts, you can put me down for a shirt or two. Keep me posted.

squirrelcache
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm in the final stages of putting together a graphical presentation....it won't be long now. :)

pjpreb
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys! fairly new to the sport and this site. Wanted to see if I could REALLY post a note! :) Like the idea of the shirts, you can put me down for a shirt or two. Keep me posted.

Hi and welcome to the site! :) What *is* that on your head in the avatar photo?

hide_from_the_kids
09-17-2009, 08:29 PM
it looks like signal the frog

Ekidokai
09-18-2009, 01:33 AM
That's what it looks like to me. What a great artist.

fins2right
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM

Welcome to our addiction. There are a ton of great caches in the Vassalboro / China area to get you started. :)

pjpreb
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
it looks like signal the frog

Ah I see it now - a seated Signal the Frog. Thanks!

squirrelcache
09-20-2009, 09:20 AM
There aint no frogs on us........There aint no frogs on us.....There might be frogs on some of you guys......There aint no frogs on us. Then again....we've got all the flies!!!

squirrelcache
09-20-2009, 09:25 AM
On a more serious note..... uhuhummmm..... The MaineGeocaching Apparel line has been set up and prices are in. Working w/technical staff now to see what we can set up for marketing/sales/delivery. Setting it up so hopefully this will be an ongoing service for our community. Stay tuned.....

Mainiac1957
09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks Phil for all your efforts. And to all who helped make this a reality.

squirrelcache
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Thank you Brad. I want to apologize to those who had suggestions. I didn't mean to exclude anyone that wanted to help out. I'd already had the research aspect complete and was into marketing layout.

When I offered to help Paul in his desire to see shirts offered again, I researched the forum first. The most recent shirt thread I saw had a post in 2007, and Haffy pointed out to them that it was a thread left over from 2006. So it appeared to me that it had been three years, and we were long over-due for more shirts.

So I also apologize if I stepped on someone's toes, if they were indeed already working on this project. I didn't see anything written/posted that stated intent since 2006.

squirrelcache
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
I wanted to give an update. This project hasn't been forgotten or shelved. The technical aspects are larger than I anticipated. The coin project was completed and the store turned over to be used for apparel. Unfortunately, we're struggling to pull together programming. As stated previously...I'm working to set this up so that it would be able to be handed off, and kept going much longer this time.

As evidenced by previous failed efforts, this isn't an easy one to pull off. It's also hard to make it a top priority when the website won't benefit from it. The little mention I made in wanting to attach a donation per order was not encouraged.

rcwhit
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Has anyone got a picture of what the last ones looked like?
Are the new ones going to be the same as the last ones?
Is someone taking orders yet?
Are you sick of me asking all these questions? :D

squirrelcache
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
There hasn't been a shirt order in years. The new ones will be very similar, done through a different supplier. We're in the process of putting together an e-store where we can display the product and take orders. Any updates will be posted here. Thanks for inquiring.

rcwhit
11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your time (and the others) to get this going. Keep us posted!

WhereRWe?
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your time (and the others) to get this going. Keep us posted!

Actually, I'm quite sure the original software can be sent to anyone who wants a shirt. You can produce a CD, take it to your local embroidery shop, and they can customize it for you. The original "GeocachingMaine.org" logo is the main thing you'd want - then you can add your geocaching name, and possibly a personal TB number like I have. :D:D

rcwhit
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Ah I see it now - a seated Signal the Frog. Thanks!

I made the picture a little darker, can you see Signal the frog better now? :)

rcwhit
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Just checking to see how this one looks.

JustPJ66
12-03-2009, 07:34 AM
I made the picture a little darker, can you see Signal the frog better now? :)

It looks better to me.

Ekidokai
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
How are we coming on the shirts? Might make an interesting Christmas gift.

squirrelcache
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I was hoping :( We're working out the store programming.

dubord207
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Put me down a half dozen large....and "No!" I'm not on steroids but thank you for asking!:D