View Full Version : Night Caches

kayaking loon
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Team Richards and I plan, hopefully, to put out a night cache before the event. The coords that will be given are for the starting point, the place where you can see the first firetack. That place isn't the required tenth of a mile from another cache but the actual ending point (at the night cache) is. What are the rules here??:confused:

tat
09-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Cache containers and physical stages should generally be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m). A physical stage is defined as any stage that contains a physical element placed by the geocache owner, such as a tag with the next set of coordinates or a container. Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.
Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements.

So, if the first point is a place where you could see the fire tack (for instance); that would not be a physical stage and no minimum distance is required.

squirrelcache
09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
So, if the first point is a place where you could see the fire tack (for instance); that would not be a physical stage and no minimum distance is required.

Sounds like the beginnings to the description of a letterbox! ;) Gets my gears turning........

hollora
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
You did good KL - Loved it!

dubord207
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Have 20,000,000 million candlelight power...will travel. Lit the cache up like Disneyland!:)

robt
09-28-2009, 07:23 AM
It worked, I found it so it had to be done well if I did not get lost :D:D:D:D

kayaking loon
09-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Have 20,000,000 million candlelight power...will travel. Lit the cache up like Disneyland!:)

But did you have your coyote hat on?? I may hire you next year, at the next night cache, to put it on and jump out at people... And Mapachi can growl...

hide_from_the_kids
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
i wish we had a night cache near augusta (that i have not done yet trf)

dubord207
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Di and I really enjoyed the Osgood cache in Palermo and the night cache at the event in Eustis. We have a nice night cache planned, probably we'll send for publication just before Halloween. So stay tuned, we'll have some night time fun!:)

hollora
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Di and I really enjoyed the Osgood cache in Palermo and the night cache at the event in Eustis. We have a nice night cache planned, probably we'll send for publication just before Halloween. So stay tuned, we'll have some night time fun!:)

Woot! Now, can I borrow your light LOL!

pm28570
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
My understanding is that the light has been returned to the Waterville airport and back on duty as the rotating beacon. :)

Woot! Now, can I borrow your light LOL!

attroll
09-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I would love to put a night cache on my property but there is always going to be some individual that will ruin it for everyone else.