View Full Version : Thank You - Doing Something for the Community

hollora
09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
There was a thread a while ago - actually a couple of years ago, about recipes. At the time a few were posted but it was just a thread.

After last weekend's event, it again was suggested we should post recipes. Another suggestion was to make it an article so it could be added to and be constantly accessed.

I went through and collated what I believe were all the old recipes........and then with the help of brdad did an article. It is our hope (and the our is collective as a team doing it and for the mission of the site) that this recipe collection will grow and become a go to location on the GCM website.

Thank you to everyone who graciously shared a recipe. AND - if you have a favorite recipe we should add - please PM or EM it to me and we will do it.

My humble and sincere thanks to brdad for helping make this happen! This is what community is all about.

hide_from_the_kids
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
yes thank you both for this

brdad
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I was contemplating creating a similar thread. You can look through my posts and you will find 20 or more times when I have pushed and pushed for people to create articles and run projects which will benefit this web site, the community, and geocaching in general.

Well, I am impressed with how much some of our members have participated or are working on projects for the site lately. From Hollora with her recipes to Hide From the Kids with the BK discount cards and pushing the 2001 coin to Benandtina working on a lighthouse cache list to the members working on the shirts. And there are more projects being worked on as we speak, some of which will be announced soon. And I know some members like TRF and others have the desire to create content as soon as time permits for our site which will hopefully come to reality in the not too distant future.

Thanks to everyone working to make this site more than just forums!

hollora
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
yes, a lot of good stuff going on ............... I just wanted to do a post to say - thanks for the help in making the recipe interest happen - with what I could to to help.

Yup, HFTK with the cards and current coin (2009 not 2001), posts about things like the Lighthouse caches and stuff............and I am sure there are others with ideas.

This is a good community. I love to cook and love food so I hope this little contribution will help. Folks - even though you may not have brought something to an event and/or if you did - no one said - what's the recipe............if you have something good - Please, Please share it here. It can go in the post and I am sure folks will be greatful and use it. So - EM or PM it to me and it will be included.

Again - thanks to all who make this community great! Food, hum.....the comfort of our being.......seems to make all good!

masterson of the universe
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I was thinking back and remember picking up this guy (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBKJTQ) a really long time ago. Not sure what happened to stop circulation but it had a pretty good relevant theme and seemed to move around pretty well.