View Full Version : PQ's

Ekidokai
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting PQ's today?

Gob-ler
10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I got all mine OK.

masterson of the universe
10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I noticed it this morning when I tried to run the Maine State PQ with the August to end of year dates. It ended up taking over two hours for it to hit my email account. Tonight it seems it's still taking about 30 minutes or so.

Ekidokai
10-06-2009, 09:50 AM
30 minutes would be good. I had 5 set up to run. I got two when I signed on at abut 9am. I looked it over and tried to run the other three manually. Then I just gave up and went caching.

At about 10pm I got the other three. That's at least 10 hours.

I got them all fine this morning.

brdad
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I got all 10 of my PQs, but platinum members do get first preference.

The site is probably going through some growing pains. Give it a week or two and they'll add another couple servers and we'll be good until Christmas when all the newbies get GPSrs for they gift..

Ekidokai
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Didn't know there was a platinum. What are the perks of that?

cano
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Didn't know there was a platinum. What are the perks of that?

As a platinum member you will also get a different notifications to your cell phone. Everything you need to find a cache in 160 characters, very useful when you don't have internet on your cell phone, like me, or near by to run for FTF. Check screen shot of my cellphone.

pjpreb
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
As a platinum member you will also get a different notifications to your cell phone. Everything you need to find a cache in 160 characters, very useful when you don't have internet on your cell phone, like me, or near by to run for FTF. Check screen shot of my cellphone.

Geek Nirvana :D:p:rolleyes:;)

NativeMainer
10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
OK, I tried looking around the GC site for information on a platinum membership, but I've come up empty. Am I missing something?

Gob-ler
10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I have been using something similar to Cano's set up for several years. I recently upgraded to the Lutetium Level of membership and now have the absolute cat's meow.

Cano is in the dark ages!

Gob-ler
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
By the way, I have already said more than I am supposed to say.

When you reach the specified levels you will be contacted.

Ekidokai
10-15-2009, 01:38 AM
What? Where? Holy crap!

Almost up to 11 Pq's now.

Something strange has been going on lately, My Pq's have not been coming in until very late at night. That might be explained by the 24 hour thing though.

The notifiers on the phone however don't seem to sync up at all. I got phone notification on three new caches about 10 hours after they had been published.

I'm not a FTFer now, but I did sign up and pay for the service.

CARoperPhotography
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Ahhh hah, more mention of the Platinum Memberships here.....

dubord207
04-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Chadd, this was an '09 thread although maybe a few new comments might be generated.

CARoperPhotography
04-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes Dubord I know it is an old thread.... I was just researching all the claims of a "platinum" membership

masterson of the universe
04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
It was great to have the platinum but where as all my caching is done in Maine, I don't really have the need for it. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford the time to travel and make it worth it again. In regards to those with Titanium, I don't know how you do it. Well ahead of the rest of us.

shuman road searchers
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
It was great to have the platinum but where as all my caching is done in Maine, I don't really have the need for it. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford the time to travel and make it worth it again. In regards to those with Titanium, I don't know how you do it. Well ahead of the rest of us.

Just time and money!