View Full Version : RE: Have an idea for the beach?

firefighterjake
10-26-2009, 07:49 AM
http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news/local/7019612.html

Currently this place hosts one of my caches . . . a real jem in the rough location. Right now it's in rough shape . . . but it definitely has potential.

squirrelcache
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Wow......now I know why I never got my phone call Campground requests returned ;)

Could someone turn it into a Modern and updated campground? I know the one in Eustis accomodates public access to the lake.

Hiram357
10-26-2009, 03:29 PM
That would be awesome to see someone take that over and keep it open to the public. I thought it was nice when they put in the designated parking area... only to be a dump for the local college kids shortly after. (and you know it was them when they're names and dorm #s are still on the TVs and microwaves and other garbage smashed up down there...)

But if you can look past all that stuff it's really a great spot and has lots of potential, especially with the old marina access.

firefighterjake
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow......now I know why I never got my phone call Campground requests returned ;)

Could someone turn it into a Modern and updated campground? I know the one in Eustis accomodates public access to the lake.

It could be a perfect place for a small campground . . . I don't know if it would be a real money-making endeavor since Unity isn't exactly a tourism hot spot . . . and the last few years when the campground was there it was really a dive spot . . . basically a place for folks to go when they were one step away from being homeless . . . lots of 1960s-1970s vintage mobile homes.

hollora
10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
It could be a perfect place for a small campground . . . I don't know if it would be a real money-making endeavor since Unity isn't exactly a tourism hot spot . . . and the last few years when the campground was there it was really a dive spot . . . basically a place for folks to go when they were one step away from being homeless . . . lots of 1960s-1970s vintage mobile homes.

Now, Jake - be careful.....my camper is a 1989........vintage.......

That place did looked more like a mobil home park than a campground. That's what you get with seasonals and few rules. That place could be really nice - it would take some hard work but the location is awesome!