View Full Version : Medusa's Challenge Halloween morning

kayakerinme
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone interested in mounting a group effort to find Medusa's Challenge GC1YWVT Saturday morning? Going after the other kayak caches too. :-)

hollora
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
OMG - WHY won't Ralph move to Southern Maine? Sounds like a ton of fun. I have promised to be here for the eve on my night cache - regretfully this quest probably can not happen.

Good luck if you go for it!

squirrelcache
10-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Sorry....have an MSA regional meeting. I've already done them all.......and put in over an hour trying to find Medusa's hide :( I wish you luck though ;)

firefighterjake
10-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry....have an MSA regional meeting. I've already done them all.......and put in over an hour trying to find Medusa's hide :( I wish you luck though ;)

No kidding . . . didn't realize you were so involved in the MSA. Are you one of the Regional VPs that I see in the MSA Newsletter?

Here's to hoping we get a bunch of snow this year.

You know . . . I think there's a few sledders here . . . I wonder if anyone has ever organized a sledding/geocaching event.

squirrelcache
10-30-2009, 06:59 PM
I only hold a seat w/my local club. I'm hoping that we can do a Winter geocaching event at Bradbury State Park this year, and snowmobiles will be allowed. I've also stated that I'd love to have a Winter overnight event somewhere up North where we can view the unobstructed clear starry sky. Hopefully that one would also involve snowshoers and XC folks.

I'm also open to a snowmobile event, where we might get to grab caches and even put some out. We could take a run where others don't often get to tread. ;) That's why I enjoy having them.......options.

pjpreb
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Anyone interested in mounting a group effort to find Medusa's Challenge GC1YWVT Saturday morning? Going after the other kayak caches too. :-)

When and where are you launching from? Busy morning planned but if we can squeeze it in we're game!

firefighterjake
11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I only hold a seat w/my local club. I'm hoping that we can do a Winter geocaching event at Bradbury State Park this year, and snowmobiles will be allowed. I've also stated that I'd love to have a Winter overnight event somewhere up North where we can view the unobstructed clear starry sky. Hopefully that one would also involve snowshoers and XC folks.

I'm also open to a snowmobile event, where we might get to grab caches and even put some out. We could take a run where others don't often get to tread. ;) That's why I enjoy having them.......options.

The past couple of years I've managed to make it to VicBiker's Winter Camping Event in Abbot . . . always a good day run up there and back on the sleds. I typically don't stay long, but do chat with the gang for a bit before heading home . . . well except for that one year when the sled I was borrowing died on me on the way home and then the Whetstone Mayor "rescued" us and fed us . . . but that's a whole other thread and story.