View Full Version : Anyone going south or west (or both)?

fins2right
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I have this great stuffed animal TB who's goal is to get back to Arizona. It's traveled 19000 miles so far and is in amazing shape. If anyone has plans coming up, I would gladly mail it to you to move on. Any takers?

WhereRWe?
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I have this great stuffed animal TB who's goal is to get back to Arizona. It's traveled 19000 miles so far and is in amazing shape. If anyone has plans coming up, I would gladly mail it to you to move on. Any takers?

Just put it in a cache - that's what TB's are for. :D:D

Team V3
11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
We will be going South when we move. However, that will not be for another month.

Ekidokai
11-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Your going to be around for another month? Holy crap!

I mean we are sorry to see you go.

Team V3
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
LOL Yeah but a month creeps up on you pretty quickly.

fins2right
11-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Just put it in a cache - that's what TB's are for. :D:D

:D Mostly because I'll be caching in the opposite direction. Then again does it matter if I'm only 50 miles north if we are talking a cross-country trip? :rolleyes: I just thought it would be nice to move it along in a big jump. Plus I was thinking of how many caches are going to be ice bound shortly.

pjpreb
11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
We're going to CT in 8 days - will be caching near Hartford (going to see the Tran Siberian Orchestra). Willing to take TB's if that works out for anyone. :)

Gob-ler
11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
If you don't get it moving you could mail it here to PA and I can get it to a TB Hotel on a major highway headed west.

tat
11-06-2009, 07:36 AM
I'll be going to Orlando for Thanksgiving.

WhereRWe?
11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
:D Mostly because I'll be caching in the opposite direction. Then again does it matter if I'm only 50 miles north if we are talking a cross-country trip? :rolleyes: I just thought it would be nice to move it along in a big jump. Plus I was thinking of how many caches are going to be ice bound shortly.

I just object to the idea of mailing a TB to move it along. :(:(

Passing it along to another cacher is perfectly OK in my opinion, but mailing it...

Sheesh!

Team V3
11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Our current plans for our move is to stop in Hershey, PA for a night or two and then continue the drive to NC. We may be able to bring a bug/coin or two or three with us in our travels. We do not plan on doing a lot of caching until we reach NC but if we find there are some in the immediate area of our travels we may grab a few. Let me know if anyone needs some help.

Gob-ler
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't think it much matters how as long as it gets into someones hands. Remember, there are no rules or set guidelines.

If it rode in the mail truck or a cachers truck, what is the difference?

dubord207
11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
If it flies in my luggage, or in the hold of a Fedex jet, it's still going somewhere,right?:)

brdad
11-07-2009, 05:32 AM
With the way TBs get lost, it's apt to be safer in the hands of the USPS than it is with us cachers! :rolleyes:

I think generally if the TB owner is ok with it being mailed, then who am I to say, though it does fall out of the original design of a TB. But sometimes they just need to be moved!

Mainiac1957
11-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Last year when we went to GW6 in California we had TB's with us to drop into caches. Never found one big enough so I ended up bringing them back. Then I turned around and mailed a couple back out there to a cacher to put them in TB hotels for me. To be fair there were some big enough, but I had left them at the hotel the day we saw those. :o

Haffy
11-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I am gulity of holding on to TB's but not on purpose. Just last week I was cleaning out my back pack and lo and behold I found 2 TB's that I picked up at Octoberfest in Myrtle Beach in "08". I had forgotten all about them. I immediately emailed the owners of my absent mindedness and they were placed at another event that same weekend and now they are on their way once again. Or at least they are out of my hands now....LOL and hopefully will be traveling once again. Sometimes we just forget things...or old age is gettin to me.:eek:

fins2right
11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I am gulity of holding on to TB's but not on purpose. Just last week I was cleaning out my back pack and lo and behold I found 2 TB's that I picked up at Octoberfest in Myrtle Beach in "08". I had forgotten all about them. I immediately emailed the owners of my absent mindedness and they were placed at another event that same weekend and now they are on their way once again. Or at least they are out of my hands now....LOL and hopefully will be traveling once again. Sometimes we just forget things...or old age is gettin to me.:eek:

I've been told that your not a day over 30! :D

Haffy
11-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks to whomever you got that from....:D I guess you're as old as you feel and somedays I feel like I'm not over 30. I've been told many times I look younger than I am. They must be wanting some sort of compliment as well.....:eek:

Gob-ler
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Hummmmm, there once was a coin, or was that two.......................................