View Full Version : The 100 Mark

pm28570
11-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Congratulations to new cacher "rcwhit" who reached 100! Welcome to caching and I think your next 100 will come a little quicker but with a higher level of enjoyment. Of your first 100, which one was your favorite?

JustPJ66
11-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Way to go big brother!!

cachecrashers4
11-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrats on your first 100! Now on to the next.

hollora
11-26-2009, 06:00 PM
And the quest has begun - congrats and enjoy each one and the journey.

squirrelcache
11-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I remember how special 100 was......Congrats! It picks up speed from here on out....enjoy the ride.

Mainiac1957
11-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I remember 100 seeming to take forever to get to. That was a long time ago however. The details are a bit fuzzy I guess. Congrats on getting to that special milestone.

EMSDanel
11-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Nicely done......! What do you think....are you "hooked" yet?

JustPJ66
11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey folks my brother isnt snubbing all your well wishes, his internet is down and wont be worked on till at least monday. Thought I would tell you so you wouldnt think he was just a snob. hehe

79olds
11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Rcwhit got us into geocaching . Rcwhit just told us about this site which we are glad to find. We also have hit the 100th mark heading towards 130 but we have more daylight time to cache then they do. We are diffidently hook on this new game and the exercise you get doing it. As far as rcwhit internet being down, we just wonder if his head is swelled to big to get threw the door to his computer. HA ha Hopeful the swelling will have gone down by tomorrow so we can go geocaching with them. Grats on the 100th cache anyway and thanks for getting us into a fun game that we can do by ourselves and still have fun caching with you guys and other friends.:) We will encourge him to catch up with us.:p

rcwhit
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
First of all, our internet is STILL down! We are reduced to hanging out around the outside of coffee shops in the dark to steal WIFI. (NOT any coffee shops in Vassalboro!) :o You don't really miss something untill you dont have it! Thanks to all for your comments ( at least MOST of you!:mad:).
I want to thank "Hide from the kids" for the MAINE GEOCOIN he gave us! It is almost too nice to send off, but I will someday I guess. Hope I get my internet fixed soon. Does anyone know if the Vassalboro coffee shop has WYFI? Well We'll be talking to you from some place soon I hope. Thanks again everyone. Will be looking forward to meeting some of you at the next get together or on the trails. RCWHIT :D

TRF
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Congratulations!!

JustKev
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
My understanding is, if you can connect to it, it isn't stealing. If they don't want you to use it, they password protect it. So, if you have a Wireless Access Point and don't password protect it, people can use your connection to the internet. Or, you can have your Wireless Access Point like mine......turned on and you can't access diddly squat with it. Old laptop with wireless card finds it, connects to it but no go when I try to access the internet. It's gotta be something stupid simple that I'm forgetting but it just ain't going for squat.

Trick or Treat
11-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Congratulations. I think 100th is the best.

WhereRWe?
11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
First of all, our internet is STILL down! We are reduced to hanging out around the outside of coffee shops in the dark to steal WIFI. (NOT any coffee shops in Vassalboro!) :o You don't really miss something untill you dont have it! Thanks to all for your comments ( at least MOST of you!:mad:).
I want to thank "Hide from the kids" for the MAINE GEOCOIN he gave us! It is almost too nice to send off, but I will someday I guess. Hope I get my internet fixed soon. Does anyone know if the Vassalboro coffee shop has WYFI? Well We'll be talking to you from some place soon I hope. Thanks again everyone. Will be looking forward to meeting some of you at the next get together or on the trails. RCWHIT :D

Sheesh! Welcome to "wardriving (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardriving)"! LOL! We've been doing it for years.

The latest laptops are great at finding and indicating a wireless hotspot, but we've found that "Net Stumbler (http://www.netstumbler.com/)" is great for locating the best connection.

;);)

WhereRWe?
11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
My understanding is, if you can connect to it, it isn't stealing. If they don't want you to use it, they password protect it.

We could get Dubord in here for a clarification, but to my understanding, the bandwith does not belong to the homeowner. If you leech a wireless connection from someone, you're "stealing" from the internet service provider.

So..... I do not encourage "stealing" wireless access, but if you park in front of my house, you can get online... :eek::eek:

pjpreb
11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Anybody have a tutorial on how to password protect your wifi? I have no idea how to do that.

hollora
11-29-2009, 09:27 PM
congrats on the achievement level.............as for the other discussion here.......should that move to another thread?

My home wifi is password protected and I authorize those who may use it. ANd it has changed since my last event. A changing environment for sure.

pjpreb
11-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Anybody have a tutorial on how to password protect your wifi? I have no idea how to do that.

How completely rude of me!! Congrats on your milestone!!!:)

Waterski
11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Good job on hitting 100! Hope you enjoyed the fun.

dubord207
11-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Well done on the first and maybe biggest milestone. If you stay at it, caches will start to come much quicker.

As for "using" another's DSL without permission, I believe that is clearly a class E crime, Theft of Services or Theft by Unauthorized Taking. The subjective componet is helping yourself to either the service or the property "without knowledge or consent of the lawful owner." If you get caught, both the internet provider and the owner of the computer could press charges.

Like others, my internet was down all weekend, just got it back this morning. I went to Barnes and Noble to log caches yesterday, legal and great coffee as well.:)

Haffy
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Sheesh! Welcome to "wardriving (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardriving)"! LOL! We've been doing it for years.

The latest laptops are great at finding and indicating a wireless hotspot, but we've found that "Net Stumbler (http://www.netstumbler.com/)" is great for locating the best connection.

;);)

This brings back some great memories of caching "up nawth" with a couple of my old caching buddies one weekend. We drove around all over Millinocket with Netstumbler working and would stop at each signal to see where our next cache would be....lol A great weekend for sure. Thanks Brad and Dave for those memories....:D

Oh sorry about that!!!! Congrats are in order for the 1st 100 for sure.

rcwhit
12-02-2009, 09:03 PM
We could get Dubord in here for a clarification, but to my understanding, the bandwith does not belong to the homeowner. If you leech a wireless connection from someone, you're "stealing" from the internet service provider.

So..... I do not encourage "stealing" wireless access, but if you park in front of my house, you can get online... :eek::eek:

Not that my 2 cents worth amount to much, but if connected through WYFI that is not protected, you become a guest of that person. To me it's no different than if they invited you inside to sit down at their computer. Would you call that "stealing" from the internet provider if you were invited inside instead of invited to use their WYFI? :rolleyes: