View Full Version : Breaking news: Guiness factory burns down!

dubord207
12-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Bad news from Ireland. The Guiness brewery was destroyed in a huge fire last night. The Geocaching Maine Board needs to activate the Rapid Response and Crisis Team and get to Hiram as soon as possible so he doesn't harm himself when he hears this devastating news. With very limited supplies of Guiness worldwide, the cost per bottle will soon be about $33.00 per bottle!

Maybe our government can use some TARP money to build a new factory here in Maine! Jobs, more beer, I think that's what the Pols call a "win-win" situation.:)

JustKev
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
dubord, it's so cruel of you to post that before you're sure Hiram has been notified by proper authorities. What if the poor man was alone with his last bottle of Guinness in his hand when he read your post? He could have been devastated. Poor man.:D

fins2right
12-22-2009, 09:49 AM
dubord, it's so cruel of you to post that before you're sure hiram has been notified by proper authorities. What if the poor man was alone with his last bottle of guinness in his hand when he read your post? He could have been devastated. Poor man.:d

Do you think it would taste better if we moved the brewery to Maine and added Moxie to the mix?

Mainiac1957
12-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Do you think it would taste better if we moved the brewery to Maine and added Moxie to the mix?

no!!!!!!!!!!!!

dubord207
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I hope he doesn't go over to the dark side and start drinking Colt 45 or Haffenrecker Private Stock. Last time I drank Colt I saw God!:)

Hiram357
12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
After pouring over every peice of news I could find, it appears that the fire did not totally destroy the place and the world will continue to turn....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Guinness-Blaze-At-Dublin-Drinks-Giant-Factory-Sparks-Major-Rescue-Operation/Article/200912315505858?lpos=Home_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_15505858_Guinness%3A_Blaze_At_Dublin_D rinks_Giant_Factory_Sparks_Major_Rescue_Operation_

heh, and I even found one article that said workers continued brewing beer even after finding out the place was on fire... now that's dedication! :D

Haffy
12-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I hope he doesn't go over to the dark side and start drinking Colt 45 or Haffenrecker Private Stock. Last time I drank Colt I saw God!:)

Hey watch that!!! Don't use my name in vain...lol And that is Haffenreffer by the way. The green Death!!!

Sudonim
12-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I learned in college that if I could decipher the message under the bottlecap of Haffenreffer, it was time to stop drinking!

Hiram357
12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I learned in college that if I could decipher the message under the bottlecap of Haffenreffer, it was time to stop drinking!

heh, or when the horse on the rolling rock bottle would talk to ya... :D

Ekidokai
12-23-2009, 01:43 AM

It would taste a lot better.

Mapachi
12-23-2009, 07:06 PM

Colt 45? That wasn't God. That was Al Sharpton! Did he have a bottle of Wild Irish Rose' in his other hand?

Haffy
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM

That would mean I stopped drinking many years ago....NOT!!!!

WhereRWe?
12-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Sheesh! I'm glad they don't even call these abominations "beer". "Malt Liquor" spells it out pretty well. ;);)

(Tonight's brew: "Abbaye de Leffe (http://www.leffe.com/en-us/home.html)" Belgian ale. I did some computer work for a friend today, and he gave me a six-pack. Personally, I don't recommend this stuff. Actually, there were only 5 bottles in the 6-pack holder. He probably tried one, didn't like it, and gave it to me. Sheesh!)

pm28570
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Bruce, oughta' add a signature line...."Will work for beer".

Wonderful time of the year for seasonals.....enjoyed a Slick Nicks Winter Ale last night.

Sheesh! I'm glad they don't even call these abominations "beer". "Malt Liquor" spells it out pretty well. ;);)

(Tonight's brew: "Abbaye de Leffe" Belgian ale. I did some computer work for a friend today, and he gave me a six-pack. Personally, I don't recommend this stuff. Actually, there were only 5 bottles in the 6-pack holder. He probably tried one, didn't like it, and gave it to me. Sheesh!)

WhereRWe?
12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Bruce, oughta' add a signature line...."Will work for beer".

Wonderful time of the year for seasonals.....enjoyed a Slick Nicks Winter Ale last night.

Sheesh! Just click on the link on my "Respect Beer" sig line! The "Beer Advocate" is a great site/magazine. :D