View Full Version : Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 6

WhereRWe?
01-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Our 2010 winter event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e5315a0e-a09f-412d-832d-46d5c4690d2b) has been posted. Hope to see many of you there!

rcwhit
01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Good! If I can't buy you a coffee at the TOPLESS coffee shop, :eek: the least I can do is buy you a BOTTOMLESS cup of coffee there for all the help you've been getting set up to go papperless! Sure was easier than reading all those directions!!:D

pm28570
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks Bruce.....looking forward to this event. Last year was my first one which was a learning curve for Big G's :)

dubord207
01-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Eagle Eye Di and I will attend... # 3 for us. We'll put out a few caches and hope that Bruce pulls my number for another hat!!! And Paul, a half sandwich is all you need, trust me on that one!:)

WhereRWe?
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
And Paul, a half sandwich is all you need, trust me on that one!:)

Anyone missed it on the cache listing, here's a link to the menu (http://big-g-s-deli.com/lunch.shtml). :D:D

pm28570
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Saw those sandwich sizes last year. That said, imagine my disappointment after waiting in line for a time, only to be informed that debit cards are not accepted. And it was a long line back to the ATM! Still had a great time. The other learning curve is arrival time.....:cool:

Three events over three months, about a month apart. How cool is that? :cool:

Eagle Eye Di and I will attend... # 3 for us. We'll put out a few caches and hope that Bruce pulls my number for another hat!!! And Paul, a half sandwich is all you need, trust me on that one!:)

Ekidokai
01-02-2010, 11:26 PM
The sandwiches aren't THAT big.

brdad
01-03-2010, 09:00 AM
One year Pjpreb's daughter fell into a Big G's whoopie pie and it took four of us to pull her out.

Kaching Karen
01-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be in Guatemala during this event. Some day I will make it. That means I'd have to stay home for the winter break.... not going to happen! :rolleyes: Everyone have a great time!

dubord207
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Guatemala? Now that's a flimsy excuse for missing a wwww event! I re-scheduled a colonoscopy to make it to your event! It's all about priorities!;)

I'll be in Guatemala during this event. Some day I will make it. That means I'd have to stay home for the winter break.... not going to happen! :rolleyes: Everyone have a great time!

pjpreb
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
One year Pjpreb's daughter fell into a Big G's whoopie pie and it took four of us to pull her out.

I don't think Goobie6 wanted us to save her. Those whoopie pies are "wicked good!"

firefighterjake
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
My favorite: Miles Standwich . . . it's like having a Thanksgiving Day dinner all wrapped up in one bite . . . well maybe more than one bite.

kayaking loon
01-05-2010, 09:35 AM
We plan to be there again. A quarter of a sandwich does it for me! And I need to buy one of those 10 pound cinnamon buns for my 89 year old friend. She can eat off that all year!:D

WhereRWe?
02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Most people wouldn't notice this in the event logs, but we just had a note from GPSFun, who was out Maine cache approver before TAT.

GPSFun is well known to the "old timers", as he has attended several of our GeocachingMaine.org events. So I want to say "HI!" to Brad, and wish he and his wife could be with us.

dubord207
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Sometimes, simple is best and this event is a classic example. Not fancy, requires no gear, just an appetite, but is attended by a a lot of folks who just enjoy getting out and seeing their geocaching buddies. Nice to see another fine turnout. Thanks to Bruce and Teresa for putting this one together once again!

By the way, was there a FirefighterJake sighting at this event? Paul, did that guy you were chatting with sound like a firefighter to you? I thought I saw 2 different guys with Hiram357 nametags. One had to be an imposter and one might have been FFJ!:)

hollora
02-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Sometimes, simple is best and this event is a classic example. Not fancy, requires no gear, just an appetite, but is attended by a a lot of folks who just enjoy getting out and seeing their geocaching buddies. Nice to see another fine turnout. Thanks to Bruce and Teresa for putting this one together once again!

By the way, was there a FirefighterJake sighting at this event? Paul, did that guy you were chatting with sound like a firefighter to you? I thought I saw 2 different guys with Hiram357 nametags. One had to be an imposter and one might have been FFJ!:)

HUMMMM - And I think he was carrying a brown paper bag - or one of them was.........;)

Another great event - a ton of fun. Extending thanks too!

WhereRWe?
02-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmmmmm....

Anyone know a cacher called "madjackone"? He logged as attending the WWWWWW6 event, but the name doesn't ring a bell at all, and I don't see a member of GeocachingMaine.org by that name, although he is listed on GC.com and seems to be a local cacher.

Seems to me I would have remembered him...

:confused::confused::confused:

pm28570
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Naw. I think it was Memorex, an incredible simulation.

pm28570
02-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Bruce and Teresa, thank you for hosting the event, my second. It was great to see caching friends again and to make new friends as well. And....many are right. Don't change the venue. It works. My only complaint, like many events, I just can't seem to talk to everyone I want to.

Waterski
02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
That seemed to be a good central location for alot of people, and you can't beat the selection of sandwiches and price. Looked like a great turnout. Thanks.

Hiram357
02-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Once again, I had a great time at this event. It was great to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. And just to set everyone straight on the rumor, FFJake was not there, I didn't see him anywhere, if anyone thinks they did see him they must have had too much Big-Gs, I hear too much of that stuff in mass quantities can cause halucinations..... :D:D

Thanks for the event Bruce, looking forward to next year already!

Fins_Up
02-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Awesome event. My youngest is sleeping with his new "geocaching" blanket he won at the event. We had a great time!!! Great to see all the cachers in person and talk shop.

ampmdp
02-22-2010, 07:12 AM
What a great time! We loved meeting other geocachers, especially some of the "big guys"! Also fun to catch up with some folks who started around the same time we did. We'll definitely be back next year, and can't wait for the next event (this was our first!).

I have a question: After I logged my attendance to this event at geocaching.com my find tally increased by 1. Are events considered finds? We're approaching a milestone and we don't want to count wrong.

Mainiac1957
02-22-2010, 07:28 AM
An attended counts as a find just like any other cache posted on GC.com.

ampmdp
02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Excellent! Thank you!!

pm28570
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
An attended counts as a find just like any other cache posted on GC.com.

Brad, in honor of the host and event, this should have been prefaced with a "Sheesh".

firefighterjake
02-22-2010, 09:31 AM

As you may or may not know Dubord I don't attend events, so it must have been Hiram's evil clone . . . Not-so-mini Me Hiram357. ;):D

robt
02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
As you may or may not know Dubord I don't attend events, so it must have been Hiram's evil clone . . . Not-so-mini Me Hiram357. ;):D

Despite his denial I have seen FFJ at more than one event. :D:D:D:D

Also if FFJ is Hirma's Twin which one is truly the evil one? Both seem to be doing pretty good at the war for that title. :D:D:D

WhereRWe?
02-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Me too! In fact, at one ORCA event, I actually had him captive in my car for a while! :D:D

(And left him WAY out in the woods...)

dubord207
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm glad that the issue of whether that was FFJ was clarified. My mistake, the guy I saw was not nearly as "old looking or distinguished" as the real FFJ.:D:D

shuman road searchers
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I went to highschool with the real FFJ and the guy at the event did not look ANYTHING like the guy in school!

firefighterjake
02-23-2010, 08:40 AM

Also if FFJ is Hirma's Twin which one is truly the evil one? Both seem to be doing pretty good at the war for that title. :D:D:D

These are not the droids . . . I mean Geocacher . . . you are looking for. They can move on.

;) :)

firefighterjake
02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Me too! In fact, at one ORCA event, I actually had him captive in my car for a while! :D:D

(And left him WAY out in the woods...)

I don't really count the ORCA Events as an Event . . . it's more of a Hang Out With Hiram and Steal His Breakfast Kind of Affair.

And yeah . . . thanks Bruce . . . I kind of forgot about that "Well it was nice hanging out with you Jake. See you later. Hope you get a ride back with someone else." ;) :) HehHeh.

firefighterjake
02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm glad that the issue of whether that was FFJ was clarified. My mistake, the guy I saw was not nearly as "fat, balding or goofy looking" as the real FFJ.:D:D

I fixed your quote Dubord . . . and yeah . . . sorry . . . I really did picture you as an older guy and more distinguished instead of looking like a real person . . . are you sure you're really a lawyer? ;) :)

firefighterjake
02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
I went to highschool with the real FFJ and the guy at the event did not look ANYTHING like the guy in school!

I wish I could say it was because I was cool looking and oh so suave . . . but the truth I suppose is more that I have less hair and more belly.

And yeah . . . to tell you the truth SRS . . . I still can't remember you . . . then again I have a hard time remembering what I had for dinner yesterday.

dubord207
02-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I fixed your quote Dubord . . . and yeah . . . sorry . . . I really did picture you as an older guy and more distinguished instead of looking like a real person . . . are you sure you're really a lawyer? ;) :)

Yeah I'm an attorney, but as soon as I walk out the door of my office I leave the "lawyer" behind. I thoroughly enjoy my chosen profession, but try not to wear it on my sleeve and there are VERY few lawyers I would hang out with, although lexmano is top shelf on my list of lawyers I like.

I'm pretty sure I was an assassin in my prior life and the next time around I want to be a travelling scientist!:D

WhereRWe?
02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Not a member of GeocachingMaine.org, but logged the WWWWWW6 event. GC.com profile says he lives in Caanan, so maybe OpalSNS knows him?

I don't recall him, and nobody who has emailed me knows him either.

Last call before I delete his log.

(Next year we'll have a sign-in sheet! LOL!)

brdad
02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I think I remember a seeing a Harley, does that count?

I did not however, see FFJ. But Lee says she talked to him. :confused:

shuman road searchers
02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
The person everyone thought was FFJ was really madjackone!:)

hollora
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I know I saw a mc pull into the parking lot........I commented on it. Wonder too if they didn't log a will attend to my event (but gc is down).