View Full Version : They did it......3K!

pm28570
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Congratulations to Dan, Di, Nick and Bo smashing thru 3000 finds! Instead of asking you which one was your favorite, tell us which cache was the most rewarding to find.

Haffy
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Congrats guys, told you it was addictive.....:D

shuman road searchers
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Well Dan, I knew you would do it today because when I saw you you only needed a couple of more and it was only 1 in the afternoon. It has been an honor to have been a part of some of those finds. Watching you get arrested in NH has to be one of the better ones and lucking in to 10 FTF's on the SMR. Congrats to two great people and to two good friends. Keep looking over your shoulder because I will be there!

Ekidokai
01-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Congratulations.

Gob-ler
01-17-2010, 01:25 AM
WTG Dan and crew. Knew it would be happening soon.

Sabby
01-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Congratulations to all of you! :)

cachecrashers4
01-17-2010, 10:30 AM
congrats on 3k!

TRF
01-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Congratulations!!!!

hollora
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow - you have really put on the gas! Sure happy to have shared some memories with you! Congrats!

Mainiac1957
01-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Always were an overachiever weren't you?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats my friend on a big number. I guess I have to keep a watch over my shoulder now.:cool:

By the way Dan, IT"S YELLOW!!

lexmano
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Cache On my friends.:D

dubord207
01-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks all for the kinds words. As far as the most memorable caches, Di and I have some differences. One of our favorite experiences actually happened last winter in Antiqua. We had spent a day at Runaway Bay, an amazing beach and grabbed a cab to head back to the ship. But, I wanted to get a cache that was basically "on the way" as we fanatical cachers say. I kept showing the van operator which direction the arrow was pointing on my Oregon until we got about 400 feet from the water and an old fort overlooking the bay. When we jumped out, he politely asked if he could come with us. Well, Eagle Eye Di spotted a few bricks out of place in a corner of the fort and the cache was found. This guy was amazed about all this and then "volunteered" to drive us around the island, free of charge, to find more caches! Cool stuff for sure!

Di's favorites are the Witherle Woods caches Frank and Charron put out in Castine. Mine is a 2001 cache, Rocue Bluffs. Our most fun day was caching a Centum with my sister, mmface, and Leone, lena484 and Jim and Brian Stacey, bsstacey and shuman road searchers. My sister found cache #100 that night, a bisson tube tucked under a root with the aid of one of those pen lights people have clipped to their car keys!

But to us, the game is about all the new friends we've met and all the new places we've visited chasing these crazy containers down. For us, it's all good!:)

Now on to 4000!

lexmano
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Now on to 4000!

That is my guess!!:eek:

dubord207
01-17-2010, 05:06 PM
That is my guess!!:eek:

4000 by June 2010? Ok, I'll go for it but you need to take over my law practice!:D

shuman road searchers
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
4000 by June 2010? Ok, I'll go for it but you need to take over my law practice!:D
Alright I will do it but I want to work the same hours you do. You know, 8 or 10 a week!:D

vicbiker
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Congratulations to two great cachers...thanks for all you give back to the sport....hope to see you at a event in the near future.

pm28570
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I always enjoy the answers......thanks Dan.

Thanks all for the kinds words. As far as the most memorable caches, Di and I have some differences. One of our favorite experiences actually happened last winter in Antiqua. We had spent a day at Runaway Bay, an amazing beach and grabbed a cab to head back to the ship. But, I wanted to get a cache that was basically "on the way" as we fanatical cachers say. I kept showing the van operator which direction the arrow was pointing on my Oregon until we got about 400 feet from the water and an old fort overlooking the bay. When we jumped out, he politely asked if he could come with us. Well, Eagle Eye Di spotted a few bricks out of place in a corner of the fort and the cache was found. This guy was amazed about all this and then "volunteered" to drive us around the island, free of charge, to find more caches! Cool stuff for sure!

Di's favorites are the Witherle Woods caches Frank and Charron put out in Castine. Mine is a 2001 cache, Rocue Bluffs. Our most fun day was caching a Centum with my sister, mmface, and Leone, lena484 and Jim and Brian Stacey, bsstacey and shuman road searchers. My sister found cache #100 that night, a bisson tube tucked under a root with the aid of one of those pen lights people have clipped to their car keys!

But to us, the game is about all the new friends we've met and all the new places we've visited chasing these crazy containers down. For us, it's all good!:)

Now on to 4000!

pjpreb
01-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow! Congrats!

Kaching Karen
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow.....
Wow....
Wow....

firefighterjake
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
. . .

Sounds like the cache at Fort St. James . . . Heidi and I spent the day there in Antigua . . . I mostly frolicked in the waves, shot some pics, found the cache, took more pics of the cannon and Heidi ended up getting a massage from a Jamaican woman named Stacey . . . and then I got a massage from Stacey . . . wonderful island.

kayaking loon
01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Way to go, Dan! See you on the trail...

dubord207
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Sounds like the cache at Fort St. James . . . Heidi and I spent the day there in Antigua . . . I mostly frolicked in the waves, shot some pics, found the cache, took more pics of the cannon and Heidi ended up getting a massage from a Jamaican woman named Stacey . . . and then I got a massage from Stacey . . . wonderful island.

That's the cache. So who's this gal Stacey? Does she cache?:D

EMSDanel
01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, Dan, as you can tell I haven't been to this site for awhile or I would have chimed in before now. I'm sure C3K was better than all that Y2K hoopla by a long shot. Another 1,000 in the books, take a breath, and then head out for the next one. Congrats, Big guy!!

firefighterjake
01-20-2010, 08:44 AM
That's the cache. So who's this gal Stacey? Does she cache?:D

Ah Stacey . . . a great Jamaican woman who was at the beach . . . gave a fantastic massage. I was a bit worried however since she was talking with Heidi and asking her about the best way to get back at a cheating boyfriend . . . while at the same time massaging and manipulating my head and neck . . . I was deathly afraid that she might get frustrated and scrounch . . . there goes my neck. ;) :)

Mapachi
01-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Since I got my 100th cache with Dan when he got his 300th; and I got 1600 the same day he got 3000, I guess I'm catching up! Look out dan, here I come!

dubord207
01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Since I got my 100th cache with Dan when he got his 300th; and I got 1600 the same day he got 3000, I guess I'm catching up! Look out dan, here I come!

So let's see. When you had 100, I had 300, or 3 times as many. When you hit 1600 and I had 3000 I only had less then 2 times as many as you. Maybe you're right....but at sheesh, instead of 200 more, now I have 1400 more, or seven times as many. I guess you're right. You are catching up quickly. I'm going out early tomorrow to widen the gap! This is very confusing!:D:D:D

Ekidokai
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
It's that new math the darn youngin's use with them fancy phones with the calculators on them.