View Full Version : Courting Grandma

brdad
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Here's a funny one from Dan!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rCzMKjE2lu0/SSHnpsh_liI/AAAAAAAAATA/zC18126S_Sk/S1600-R/When+Grandma+Goes+To+Court.gif

brdad
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
You know, that picture just got me to thinking about one of my grandmothers who just passed away last month. About 6 years ago she t-boned another car here in Bangor. No one was hurt, but both cars sustained a fair amount of damage. She was talking with us a few days later and claimed that that was the first accident she had had in her entire life. I could not help but speak up and mention a story I had heard through my childhood in which as at a young age she had failed to stop at an intersection and drove her car under a semi-trailer, tearing the roof off the car. She promptly replied "That doesn't count, I was drinking at the time!" :p

Long live Nana's memory!

Might be a good thread for funny grandparent stories. Then again, I am one now, maybe that's not a good idea!

rcwhit
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Got a big chuckle out of this one. Got to print it out and show the wife. Thanks for posting it.

Sudonim
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
That's a good one. I guess the lesson here is never ask someone what they think of you when they are under oath!

cachecrashers4
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
[:D] Too funny! I had to steal it and post it on facebook.

firefighterjake
02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
You know, that picture just got me to thinking about one of my grandmothers who just passed away last month. About 6 years ago she t-boned another car here in Bangor. No one was hurt, but both cars sustained a fair amount of damage. She was talking with us a few days later and claimed that that was the first accident she had had in her entire life. I could not help but speak up and mention a story I had heard through my childhood in which as at a young age she had failed to stop at an intersection and drove her car under a semi-trailer, tearing the roof off the car. She promptly replied "That doesn't count, I was drinking at the time!" :p

Long live Nana's memory!

Might be a good thread for funny grandparent stories. Then again, I am one now, maybe that's not a good idea!

Whoa . . . very strange. My grandmother died last month too . . . and she was a Nana.

We're not related are we Dave? I mean maybe your Nana and my Nana are the same Nana. ;) :)

brdad
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Whoa . . . very strange. My grandmother died last month too . . . and she was a Nana.

We're not related are we Dave? I mean maybe your Nana and my Nana are the same Nana. ;) :)

Wow, maybe! Was she old, have graying hair, and forgetful? Oh wait, I may be describing Mainiac there... ;)

TRF
02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
.....ooohhhhhhh....did she have any curmudgeon genes in her??????

Sorry Nana, no disrespect intended.

number seven
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
:)I can't stop laughing-That is so COOL.Thanks..:)

firefighterjake
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow, maybe! Was she old, have graying hair, and forgetful? Oh wait, I may be describing Mainiac there... ;)

Hmmm . . . I was with you up until you said forgetful . . . she was still pretty sharp . . . I think you might have been thinking of Brad. ;):D

firefighterjake
02-05-2010, 09:13 AM
.....ooohhhhhhh....did she have any curmudgeon genes in her??????

Sorry Nana, no disrespect intended.

Oh yeah . . . very stubborn . . . I can't remember how many microwaves that she was given . . . and then turned around and gave away as gifts without using them since she steadfastly refused to use them until the day she discovered that she could microwave popcorn in it.

She was a real live-wire who will be missed . . . at least my grandmother . . . can't speak for Dave's Nana . . . she was the person who would be dancing on the table with the lampshade over their head, whereas my grandfather would be the guy in the corner quietly nursing his drink with a sappy smile on his face.

It may be a bit telling . . . but the last song she requested to be played at her funeral was Alleycat . . . a 1960s vintage song with some uh . . . interesting lyrics.