View Full Version : Splinterheads the Movie......

al'Thor
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Don't know if you all have seen this or not, but thought I'd share. My friend just sent me a link to Splinterheads. It's a boy meets girl type love story, but whats cool is the girl is a geocacher and takes boy on caching adventures. It is supposed to be released on DVD Feb 16! It has a couple of known actors in it and seems to be a fairly well put together movie.

Splinterheads Geocaching Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vSWSXaAyP4

Splinterheads (2009) trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fK3t3fU7Uc

Team V3
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought the actual release date was February 23rd?

al'Thor
02-08-2010, 09:57 AM
It might be....I got the 16th from its Facebook fan site. It said that the release date had been moved up to the 16th.

Team V3
02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
And Amazon has that for a date as well. Maybe it was originally the 23rd and as you said it had been moved up. I have read some good reviews about the movie. They showed it at an event a while back and there were very mixed comments. I remember reading one that said that the movie was funny but they should not have showed it at an event because of the "colorful" language :)

CARoperPhotography
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I remember seeing the preview clips for it on Geocaching.com but do not recall seeing it released into the theaters...

Team V3
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I think it had very limited exposure. Too many movies don't even make it to Maine.

Moonsouth
02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I just watched Splinterheads on dvd. I thought it was really good. I laughed and laughed. I guess it would depend on your age group whether you may enjoy it or not. I thought they represented geocaching very well.

al'Thor
02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Havn't seen it yet, but looking forward to it!

rcwhit
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I just watched Splinterheads on dvd.

Did you buy it or rent it, and where did you find it.

Moonsouth
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Did you buy it or rent it, and where did you find it.

I got it from netflix, they mailed it to my house.

masterson of the universe
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Just got done watching this via Netflix as well and it was an ok movie. It definitely is not geared towards kids as there is a substantial amount of profanity. I believe Gallaxy must have been using a Magellan as she couldn't seem to find her way when caching is first mentioned in the movie. :)

Moonsouth
03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I believe Gallaxy must have been using a Magellan as she couldn't seem to find her way when caching is first mentioned in the movie. :)

Haha...yeah I think they make it seem a whole lot harder to find a cache than it really is. Still cool to see the sport promoted though. Thats right, I called it a sport.

cano
03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Haha...yeah I think they make it seem a whole lot harder to find a cache than it really is. Still cool to see the sport promoted though. Thats right, I called it a sport.
If chess can be called a sport then anything can be called a sport :)

cano
03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Just got done watching this via Netflix as well and it was an ok movie. It definitely is not geared towards kids as there is a substantial amount of profanity. I believe Gallaxy must have been using a Magellan as she couldn't seem to find her way when caching is first mentioned in the movie. :)
How much of geocaching is involved in the movie? I saw a trailer but didn't see any geocaching there :)

Haffy
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Speaking of movies,has anyone seen "GPS the Movie" yet? Was wondering how that stacked up to the "Splinterheads" movie.

Moonsouth
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
How much of geocaching is involved in the movie? I saw a trailer but didn't see any geocaching there :)

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vSWSXaAyP4 , thats pretty much all the geocaching in the movie...there are a couple of other "micro" scenes :)

brdad
03-20-2010, 08:04 PM
We watched this movie tonight. It was a decent story, but as Masterson said there was a lot of profanity. More than I care for personally and much more than most kids should be seeing which is unfortunate. Two caches found in the movie and owner maintenance on another. And the micro wasn't a dumb LPC either. :p