View Full Version : ???

MaineSleddah
02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Wasn't there a top 50 cachers in Maine listing somewhere??? Just wondering who might be approaching BIG milestones...

tat
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
It's under "About Geocaching Maine/Tools (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4484#dropdown2) http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/images/misc/menu_open.gif".

The link is: http://www.cacherstats.com/Maine1.html

masterson of the universe
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
It may not be about the numbers but this site will defintely cause you to work harder to get further up the list. Some day I'll break in to the first page so I can be in the top 100. Just need the 6 people ahead of me to slow down a bit. :)

CARoperPhotography
02-18-2010, 12:05 AM
I know ONE cacher who just passed a significant milestone...... and he did it VERY fast! Marcipanek! And WOW, I am actually in the top 100! That is for finds...... ;-)

brdad
02-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Every cache is a milestone! If only every cache felt like a milestone, now we'd have something!

JustPJ66
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
when you do as few as we have it still does hehe
we will get to the common place feeling one day...hehe

JustKev
02-18-2010, 04:01 PM
I've enjoyed each and every cache we've either found or attempted to find. The fact that we do them together is what makes them enjoyable. I don't care how many or how few we look for or even where we look for them. I just enjoy spending the time looking for them with my wife and best friend and lo and behold she's the same person.

JustPJ66
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Awwwww ........

i've enjoyed each and every cache we've either found or attempted to find. The fact that we do them together is what makes them enjoyable. I don't care how many or how few we look for or even where we look for them. I just enjoy spending the time looking for them with my wife and best friend and lo and behold she's the same person.

WhereRWe?
02-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Awwwww ........

Sheesh! Do you two have separate computers or are you a tag-team? :D:p

JustKev
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sheesh! Do you two have separate computers or are you a tag-team? :D:p

I have two on my desk, she's got one on hers. She has an older laptop that she doesn't use and I got a new laptop using geocaching as the "excuse" to get it.

Waterski
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Why is the number two cacher anonymous?

brdad
02-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Why is the number two cacher anonymous?

Any cachers who feel they do not want to not participate in the list can opt out by sending an email to the site asking to be removed. If you scroll down the list, you will see a few others missing. One of them is me. ;)

benandtina
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Any cachers who feel they do not want to not participate in the list can opt out by sending an email to the site asking to be removed. If you scroll down the list, you will see a few others missing. One of them is me. ;)

Good to know. Ben and I don't have enough finds to even be on the list, but if we ever do make it I'll probably choose to opt out. I've found 2 caches without him and he's found quite a few without me... so it doesn't seem fair to count us! In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.

brdad
02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.

There is always the option of creating a second account for one of you and the other taking over the old account. Add and delete logs from the accounts as necessary to properly reflect your individual counts. I think most if not all cache owners including myself would accept your finds as long as you explained the situation in those logs.

Having separate accounts would also make it easier for me to delete logs from people like (Rhymes with Ben) when they don't let me win the card game. :D

hollora
02-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Good to know. Ben and I don't have enough finds to even be on the list, but if we ever do make it I'll probably choose to opt out. I've found 2 caches without him and he's found quite a few without me... so it doesn't seem fair to count us! In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.

You are probably on there - there are a number of pages - if you look close.

benandtina
02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
You are probably on there - there are a number of pages - if you look close.

Hehe, I would never have noticed those additional pages! I get to the bottom of a page and don't think to go back up to the top to navigate, lol. For now I'll just ask to be removed and consider another account later.

Actually, I could always just take him with me to the two that I did without him and then our account will be an accurate reflection of his caching. I'm fine with that... and I'll just go along for the ride :) From what I've read on other threads I think that is a pretty common practice and I don't think doing so will bug too many people. Maybe I'll do that for now and I'll only do the second account if I hear it bothers people.

Mainiac1957
02-24-2010, 06:15 AM
If it bothers anyone that bad, then they are taking it way to serious.

pjpreb
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
If it bothers anyone that bad, then they are taking it way to serious.

I agree with you Brad. We cache as a couple and sometimes (but not often) singly. I'm ok if someone wants to put an asterisk next to our find count. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and geocache find numbers falls into the small stuff category.

Enjoy every step on every trail with your hubby. That's what it's all about :)