View Full Version : Caching Tuesday 2/23/10 in Penobscot and Washington County...

CARoperPhotography
02-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Just a heads up to all the cachers up-Maine... Marcipanek and I will be in your neighborhood tomorrow (Tuesday 2/23) on the back roads hitting as many caches as we can.

We are leaving around 2AM from southern Maine in the Jeep, all packed up for any eventuality. I just wanted to let people know where we will be, in case we get stranded (not likely with the vehicle and what we have packed) but... just to be safe.... ha ha

Not that there isn't anyone on this forum that would relish the thought of me dropping off the map, stranded 60 miles east of Bangor in the bush in the middle of the winter ;-)

hollora
02-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Well, don't plan on driving on the ice!

CARoperPhotography
02-23-2010, 04:18 AM
You apparently haven't seen my Jeep

lexmano
02-23-2010, 06:34 AM

I think Lois Ann was referring to thin ice, not slippery ice!

Have fun!

JustKev
02-23-2010, 06:54 AM
When you get to Calais, don't forget to turn around or you'll have to say "eh" all the time. Eh.

Hiram357
02-23-2010, 07:57 AM
well, the mud is all frozen and there's no snow, so I don't think you have to worry about getting stuck, and if your 60miles east of bangor your only 20miles west of calais, so it's not like your far from somewhere. :rolleyes:;):D

WhereRWe?
02-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Just a heads up to all the cachers up-Maine... Marcipanek and I will be in your neighborhood tomorrow

No problem. I'm going to Boston. :D

Moonsouth
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM

Depends on which ice I guess. I was out on a couple lakes last weekend with my truck and around 2 1/2' of ice. No problem. If you find a nice spot with not many snow drifts you can really get sliding. :D

firefighterjake
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I understand that Sebago Lake is not the lake to ride on. . . .

Ekidokai
02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Have fun, it's kind of too warm down here. No ice to be seen.

CARoperPhotography
02-23-2010, 11:23 PM
It was quite day. Not as high numbers for finds as we had hoped, since we had done 130+ on Stud Mill etc last October but none the less, a fun time. We hit the four parts of Stud Mill we hadn't gotten to or had been published after our visit last fall which meant a lot of driving in between caching areas. We had some DNFs on Stud Mill as well in areas which it appears trees along the road side have been cut down. The roads weren't bad although the eastern portions of Stud Mill were quite muddy.

We even met Mainiac1957! We were pulled over just outside of Brewer on Rt 46 hitting a cache when he pulled in, having recognized my Jeep! We had a great talk!

brdad
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
And yet not one log on any of my caches. Oh wait, you have a Jeep, you would have to walk to them. :D:D:D

Hiram357
02-24-2010, 07:55 AM
And yet not one log of any of my caches. Oh wait, you have a Jeep, you would have to walk to them. :D:D:D

...or get towed to them ;):D

or as I recall the fond memories of my jeep, drive to cache, and then walk back picking up all the peices that fell off.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

or in Brad's case, wait til some guy in a minivan comes along to help out :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (sorry buddy, I couldn't resist)

CARoperPhotography
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Have not logged any yet. Went to bed when I got home and on my way to work now. Expect logs tonight!

brdad
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Are you saying I should expect logs on my caches?

CARoperPhotography
02-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Nah I don't think we hit any of your caches. Was strictly a numbers and clean up of the left over Stud Mill caches that we still hadn't gotten! Someday I'll come up and do a real hike for ONE of your caches!!!! Or try to get my Jeep to one just to take a photo of the Jeep next to your cache :-)