View Full Version : Hinckley Park needs your help

tat
05-15-2005, 08:09 AM
The cache at Hinckley Park, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dce33aaa-7640-429c-9644-1effefd9cba5 is in bad shape. The owner has not visited GC.com in almost a year, and has not responded to repeated requests to dry out the cache.

If you are in the area and want to do a good deed, perhaps you can help save a pretty nice cache. Otherwise, it should be archived or adopted.

WhereRWe?
05-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Sadly, this is another case of someone "discovering" geocaching, and immediately deciding that they aren't cachers until they've put out their own cache. They then move on to other interests and cache deteriorates.

We always carry extra notebooks and plastic bags to help a needy cache. Hopefully somone will do the same for this one. I really hate to see caches archived because of neglect... :(

tat
05-15-2005, 10:35 AM
I appreciate everybody's effort. So, I although I miss people when they move on, I'm not sad that they abandoned their cache or that they placed the cache. On the other hand, we all need to look out for caches that need attention so that others do not see geocaching as trash in the woods.

Haffy
05-15-2005, 11:28 AM
You do mean, don't see geocaching as trash in the woods,right?

tat
05-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I left out one small but very important word! Thanks, Haffy

Team2hunt
05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
The team will stop by on Wed. to check and repair the cache. We have sent off a few emails to see if we can help out in the future. We did this cache earlier in the year and liked the area. Thanks, Tat. :D :D

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I had plans on searching this cache out this week. I've never been to this site even though I'm fairly local about 10 - 12 miles away. I will pack some stuff that would enable me to replenish logs and such. (Thats if I can find it) I may even be able to adopt it if the original owners don't wish or are unable to do so.

Team2hunt
05-19-2005, 09:09 AM
The team will stop by on Wed. to check and repair the cache. We have sent off a few emails to see if we can help out in the future. We did this cache earlier in the year and liked the area. Thanks, Tat. :D :DThe team took care of Hinckley Park yesterday. We replaced the old container with a new smaller one. Alittle easier to hide, in the exact same place. We used as much of the the original contents that was salvagable, and replaced the log book. We even added some new swag. Have not been able to contact owner, and have not heard back from GC.com yet. Please stop by and enjoy. :D :D And thanks to Tat for bringing this to our attention.