View Full Version : Sooouuunnnds like a good day for an indoor cache.

brdad
05-15-2005, 12:13 PM
It's raining out, the rest of my party is under the weather, so I thought I'd test the cache puzzle solving skills of anyone else that's bored. The idea is taken from a fellow cacher who placed one similar to it some time ago. I was first to solve, but haven't ventured the 2000+ miles to find it, and it has since been archived anyhow.

So, to "claim your find", let me know what in Maine is at the coordinates in the following puzzle. (PM me if you don't want to spoil it for others).
And don't forget to log your DNFs :rolleyes:

EZNNA EHGTA EAIOO AOOIA AAOIE IIUEA OTGHM
OJQPI AKJTU APHVO WZBMI IMNBI IRJZI ITGBC
EEOAI AOEEI EFGTA PLTVA OIEEA OOAIO EAAIO
PJKQI WSDRO IPLME RDFHO DFTNA EFPJI ENPTI
MBYCO LLVXI UEEUE DNFSA DFTMO EIEIO IAAOU
ITGHL EIUEE OUIEE WSDRE ATGYU EDFRT EAIOI
ATNLN OJHGO YTRDA KJHYU ORFTE IGKFH SWFNI
OUEEU UUOEE OAAEA FDSWE EAIOO IAUEA PLYHU
AFSNU APLKU PLJRE TFDSA SXDCE EPWJI NLSGU
UOOEI EAEAO IUOAE YHJKI SWRFA IEEUI RDRDA

Hints? I've allready given you at least two. :D

tat
05-15-2005, 12:56 PM
You can't just sit there and watch us suffer, so here's one for you to solve: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6d84648c-1980-4339-9627-339a59303900

tat
05-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Did not find the "key". I'll look again after I get some kayak work done.

How are you doing with Crop Circles?

Cache'n Jacksons
05-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Sorry, brdad, I could not find the key to this one either. I am usually pretty good at caches like this (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8c5f6f7f-e875-44e4-b6fd-13561357b420), but I must be missing something. Will play around with it some more....

And no, TAT, I haven't had any luck on Crop Circles either! :)

brdad
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
You can't just sit there and watch us suffer, so here's one for you to solve: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6d84648c-1980-4339-9627-339a59303900

I have looked at that off and on since it came out, I must admit I am overlooking something...

As a clue (Am I getting soft in my old age?) I will verify that the title of the thread contains one of the hints.

Forest_Nymph
05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
These are both very hard puzzles you've found there! I'll admit, I'm not good at them... But a thumbs up for the creativity of those puzzles.

Check out GCB14A and GCJN5Y. These I found while searching for possible cache finds in Hawaii. We were able to solve the 2nd one. LOL Needless to say, we were unable to attempt to find them. They were fun to solve though and sorely regret not trying harder to locate any more than we did.

tat
05-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Put me down for another dns. And, another dns for the one I suggested. Too much thinking, or maybe too little!

brdad
05-17-2005, 06:51 AM
You're probably thinking too hard...

If

RRRR
UUUU
OOOO
HHHH

means "Hours on End"

And....

Pikes Peak
Midnight
Robert Redford

means "Tall, Dark, and Handsome"

Then...

Sooouuunnnds

means???????????

brdad
05-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok, you guys need to figure this out or you'll never get my next cache.

Check the logs and hints on the following cache and see if that helps.

Also, try cutting and pasting the letters into notepad or similar program so the letters all use a fixed width font (So they all line up in nice little rows/columns.

loonylady
05-27-2005, 03:22 PM
YOU SAY check THE LOGS AND HINTS FOR THE FOLLOWING cache
what cache?

Pooh and friends
05-27-2005, 08:28 PM
:eek: The last one of these Enigma / Vigenère cipher thingys turned my brain into oatmeal !! aaargh!! :eek:

brdad
05-30-2005, 11:45 AM
YOU SAY check THE LOGS AND HINTS FOR THE FOLLOWING cache
what cache?

Oh, boy! So sorry - that's what happens when you post something minutes before you leave to go caching!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9c565e1d-b51b-410c-9f5a-8a8805a750bd

If that doesn't work it is "Sounds Good" GCAD9C

Cache'n Jacksons
05-31-2005, 07:04 PM
LOL!! It took me a while, but I finally got it. I thought there was something "fishy" about the encryption, but after working on it I got it down to a "solid" answer. ;) Nicely done, and I can't wait to take a stab at the real cache when it's out. With this under my belt, I can now solve the other two caches done like this, "just for the hell of it". :eek:

Bluegrass Gyrl
06-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Want to share a hint with those of us that are still banging their heads? Does your "fishy" and "solid" help...well they're in quotes!! (or I'm I reaching!?) I have tried deleting sections with no long sounds...deleting sections with less than 3 long sounds....and I don't see it.

Cache'n Jacksons
06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
I am resisting the temptation to help, because it will be much more satifying to solve it yourself. Don't try so hard. :)