View Full Version : Gob-ler update

Gob-ler
03-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Some of you may recall that I had a knee injury a year and a half ago that bothered me for a while. I worked through it and kept after the caches.

A month ago I was visiting over Maryland way and the knee starting hurting again. Had an MRI last week and the word is a torn Meniscus and a trip to the Knee Spe******t next week.

So my caching rate has dropped off a bit. Hope to get back at it soon.

I did manage a FTF today!

tat
03-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Good luck with the repairs and hope to see you back to full speed soon!

brdad
03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Good luck on your healing. Knees are a handy thing to have while caching!

pm28570
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Some of you may recall that I had a knee injury a year and a half ago that bothered me for a while. I worked through it and kept after the caches.

A month ago I was visiting over Maryland way and the knee starting hurting again. Had an MRI last week and the word is a torn Meniscus and a trip to the Knee Spe******t next week.

No surprise there! :) Good luck!

hollora
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Follow Doctor's orders - here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

cachecrashers4
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Get well soon and let us know how it goes.

Haffy
03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Had arthroscopic surgery many years ago on my right knee for the same thing. Nothing to it. Nowadays you are back on it and good as new within the week. Good luck with whatever you decide to do about it.

Team V3
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Hope your knee feels better soon!

CARoperPhotography
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Glad to hear yiou are coming along and you got an FTF today! I got one 35 miles from home two nights ago ha ha

Hey Dick, you were right about Delorme. All they want is a bunch of yes men in their Beta program....

benandtina
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Yikes! Hopefully the spe******t will be able to help you have a speedy recovery so you can be back out on the trails full force soon :)

attroll
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Been there done that. The surgery is a piece of cake.

dubord207
03-12-2010, 07:10 AM
The surgery IS a piece of cake but that doesn't mean you'll be "good as new" a week later, Dick. The older you are the longer it will take to recover. While I was up and walking within 3 days and didn't need any of the high test pain killers they gave me, I was still 4 weeks in PT and didn't start racketball for 6 months. Now I can go full tilt on it with occassional swelling, put very little pain.

Here's one idea that has worked very well for me: Vitamin D-3, 2000 mgs. each day. I started on this after reading an article by a prominent orthopaedic surgeon. Within 3 days a lot of generalized joint pain I have had disappeared. I was amazed. It's being touted as a "miracle" drug although it's a vitamin and one that we don't get enough of with the typical American diet.

Last thought, I went to Orthopaedic Associates in Portland and had the surgery done by Dr. Brown. All he does is knee scopes....period. No wrists, backs, replacements, hips. With 35 years of just knees you have to think you increasing the odds in you favor by picking a surgeon like him.

Good luck with the knee, Dick. I'm sure you know it's time to get it done. Don't want the knee to impact turkey hunting!:)

firefighterjake
03-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Gob-ler, geocacher. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic geocacher. Gob-ler will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

:)

Watch out world . . . Gob-ler . . . the world's first Six Million Dollar Bionic Geocacher. ;)

Ekidokai
03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gob-ler
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I must admit FFJ, you made me smile and also made my day!

Mapachi
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Gonah be a Gimmpy Gob-ler!! Get better quick Dick!

Waterski
03-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Hope you are soon repaired and back on the trail!!:)

EMSDanel
03-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey Dick...

I hope you heal quickly and before you re-injure yourself being overly eager to get back on the trail. Now as far as our buddy Dubord goes.... I'm not so sure I'd take his advice. His own mother told me that Dan will give you any number of stories as to why he got better. But SHE told me that he will mend well because she will beat him with a stick if he doesn't take it easy on that knee. I swear to you - that's a true story! :D