View Full Version : How much a stop sign costs?

cano
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.ted.com/talks/gary_lauder_s_new_traffic_sign_take_turns.html

Team V3
03-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Interesting concept. :)

cano
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Interesting concept. :)

I think it doesn't need a new traffic sign. Triangle with additional 4-way sign will do the job, it's the same like hexagon with 4-way sign. There is plenty of them around here, they are not necessary and they are annoying.

JustKev
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Anytime I hear someone spouting off numbers and percentages I start to feel like they're trying to sell me on something that I might not really wanna be sold on. You can make numbers and percentages support just about anything if you talk fast enough and thow enough numbers at your audience. It's a tried and true used car salesman tactic.

brdad
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Anytime I hear someone spouting off numbers and percentages I start to feel like they're trying to sell me on something that I might not really wanna be sold on. You can make numbers and percentages support just about anything if you talk fast enough and thow enough numbers at your audience. It's a tried and true used car salesman tactic.

I was just reading that 72.4% of the people feel the same way!

firefighterjake
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM

So . . . what will it take for me to get you into a new car . . . I mean to try this new yield sign . . . today?

If finances are an issue I'm pretty sure if you put 5% down we can finance the rest at a very attractive rate . . . so what were you thinking for a monthly payment. . . . ;)

masterson of the universe
03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Alright, so I watched and stopped when he said that the average salaray is $20/ hour. What country is this guy presenting this in that has an average salary that high? This certainly couldn't be the US.

Ekidokai
03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Average.

That means you take the high and add it to the low. You must of heard this from your guy. Spread the wealth a little.

Average.

Team V3
03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I thought the same thing. As far as I am concerned $20/hr is pretty high. I would be happy to be back over $10. <GASP>

cano
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
If you add bonuses for CEOs of bailout banks you will get $20 average. So if you earn $10 you know who has your other $10 now :)

Team V3
03-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah...not me :)