View Full Version : Surgery next week.

Gob-ler
03-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, most of it is good news.

My knee is structurally sound and the surgery is pretty straight forward and almost routine.

Next Thursday is the day. This week lots of Ice and restricted activity. I am trying to be good! Honest!

Should be on my feet in 2-3 days max and then lots of exercise and PT.

The doctor said I should be as good as new - Sorry Bruce, not Bionic!

WhereRWe?
03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Next Thursday is the day. This week lots of Ice and restricted activity.

I've heard that beer is good for lubricating joints. Pain reliever, too. :D:D

Ekidokai
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
You should try Turmeric. It is one of those OTC things. Pretty much a concentrated spice. It has done wonders for me in healing. I have been getting infections and being a diabetic, thats not good. Started taking that and I'm now healing faster than ever and no new infections. Going out in the woods and getting scrapes and cuts happens, but now I don't have to worry so much.

WhereRWe?
03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
You should try Turmeric. It is one of those OTC things. Pretty much a concentrated spice. It has done wonders for me in healing. .

Very good in pickles and curry dished, too! LOL!

Perhaps you could mix it in your beer... (YES! (http://www.pivni-filosof.com/2008/01/bear-learns-new-tricks.html))

LaughingTerry
03-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Glad to hear the good news. It's always good when it doesn't stop you from caching for too long. LOL

pjpreb
03-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Hope all goes well for you Dick :)

CARoperPhotography
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Dick, I hope your surgery went or does go well. I saw this at Cabellas last night and thought of you and the surgery! ;-)

dubord207
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
As you know, Dick, we have a huge problem here in China with turkeys producing more offspring then will ever be harvested. And due to the warm weather, the Toms are acting out, displaying and just plain asking to be tricked into a trip to the dinner table. Haven't seen the big one, but he's out there awaiting your return, so get well soon and if you'd like to hunt out of our "cabin" on the lake again this year, let me know!:)

I'm sure all will go well Thursday, but don't push it!

pm28570
04-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Apologies if I missed it, Dick, but how goes the healing process?

Gob-ler
04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Gang

I am alive and well! Got my stitches removed the other day and the doctor had me do some knee flexes. He explained that getting full strength back would take a bit of time and he also confirmed that my surgery had gone very well. I was pronounced good as new with a little bit of time for the strength part of things.

As to how I am doing, just find. The only difficulty is when I kneel on the knee. That is uncomfortable, but to be expected. The turkeys better look out!

Thanks for the note!

hollora
04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

pm28570
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Great to hear. Take care.

dubord207
04-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Sounds like you're going to make it after all!

We have a huge problem in my neighborhood. The turkeys are out of control! They all appear to have only one thing in mind...no hint needed. Lots of displaying going on by the big boys and the "ladies" are acting coy yet receptive! I gave a couple of hoots with a locater call this morning and about a dozen birds opened up.

We're nervous. What if they form roque gangs and try to take over the neighborhood? Nick and Bo don't like going outside anymore with all the noise they guys are making!

We need an intervention here...soon!:D

Gob-ler
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Have Gun, Will Travel!