View Full Version : New version of GSAK 7.7

brdad
03-21-2010, 09:18 PM
New version is out of beta now.
I've been using the beta for some time now but now it's official. Several new features, probably the biggest is that the database is now fully converted to use SQLite which speeds things up a bit.

Gob-ler
03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I have been using the beta since it was released and it is quite a bit faster.

As always, life with out it would be quite different.

Ekidokai
03-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Interesting. I saw that start flashing and was wondering if it had any bugs like the last one. I have to be careful with my little computer because it doesn't have a CD or DVD drive. If I screw it up, I'm stuck. Can't reformat the hard drive with out a CD or DVD.

So now with you guys trying it out I'll download it.

JustKev
03-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Interesting. I saw that start flashing and was wondering if it had any bugs like the last one. I have to be careful with my little computer because it doesn't have a CD or DVD drive. If I screw it up, I'm stuck. Can't reformat the hard drive with out a CD or DVD.

I'd think very seriously of getting an external CD or DVD drive. Whether it be ROM or RW.

cano
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM

Yes you can. YES WE CAN! :)

cano
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I'd think very seriously of getting an external CD or DVD drive. Whether it be ROM or RW.

CDs and DVDs are obsolete. Saying you need a DVD drive in a laptop it's like saying you need diskette drive, you know diskette, the black square that can hold over 1 MB of data and with 80% probability it will stay there when you get home :)

WhereRWe?
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
CDs and DVDs are obsolete. Saying you need a DVD drive in a laptop it's like saying you need diskette drive, you know diskette, the black square that can hold over 1 MB of data and with 80% probability it will stay there when you get home :)

My NetBook doesn't have a CD drive, so when I wanted to upgrade to Windows 7, I just copied the Windows 7 DVD to a 16gb thumb drive. Worked great!

:D:D

JustKev
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
My NetBook doesn't have a CD drive, so when I wanted to upgrade to Windows 7, I just copied the Windows 7 DVD to a 16gb thumb drive. Worked great!

:D:D

And yet another option.

I don't think CDs and DVDs are obsolete. I use them everyday. Depends on your needs whether or not something is obsolete.

hollora
03-22-2010, 07:10 PM

I have an external drive you may borrow if you need to load anything.

Ekidokai
03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
I have an external drive you may borrow if you need to load anything.

Your a nice lady. However you probably would not want to be around if it comes to that. It will mean I have yet screwed something up so bad I need to reformat the hard drive and things tend to levitate and crash into stuff, really nasty language is heard from nowhere, and I get mad.

cano
03-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Your a nice lady. However you probably would not want to be around if it comes to that. It will mean I have yet screwed something up so bad I need to reformat the hard drive and things tend to levitate and crash into stuff, really nasty language is heard from nowhere, and I get mad.

Your netbook has a recovery partition. You can easily recover your system partition from it without any need for anything else.

Ekidokai
03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I'll have to remember that. Stick around in case I get stuck.

hollora
03-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Not going far........

JustKev
03-23-2010, 08:38 AM
We'll all stick around. We want to know if you know any bad words we don't know.