View Full Version : Support GeocachingMaine.org

WhereRWe?
03-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Remember - clicking on the advertisements at the bottom of each page on GeocachingMaine.org help support this website. :D:D

cano
03-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Remember - clicking on the advertisements at the bottom of each page on GeocachingMaine.org help support this website. :D:D

I don't see any ads here :)

Ekidokai
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
They are at the top on most screens and really blend in with the background. Real easy to miss unless you are really hunting for them.

brdad
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't see the ads either, they are blocked. But, still the site gets a few cents every time someone that can see them does click on them!

And if you can't see the ads, there are many other ways people can support the site, both financially and by content!

pm28570
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Shows in my browser. Currently is Nexus One.

EMSDanel
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey Bruce....thanks for bringing that to my attention. I never knew about this site getting a financial ++ but I'm going to start clicking on an ad every time I log onto this website. You and brdad continue to wow us with useful information. I still think you're a cur, but now a little less mudgeon. ;)

brdad
03-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Uh oh Bruce. Time to step up your game! :D

EMSDanel, it is fine to click occasionally but Google has protections in order to catch anyone clicking for the sake of clicking. If you repeatedly clicked on the ads it will trigger these protections and prevent any profit. I am not sure how much it takes to trigger it, but probably once a day or every few days is fine.

WhereRWe?
03-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Uh oh Bruce. Time to step up your game! :D

EMSDanel, it is fine to click occasionally but Google has protections in order to catch anyone clicking for the sake of clicking. If you repeatedly clicked on the ads it will trigger these protections and prevent any profit. I am not sure how much it takes to trigger it, but probably once a day or every few days is fine.

Oh, I agree. I don't click more than 3-4 times a week. But I wanted newer members to know that it helps the site.

DO NOT abuse Google. It's more powerful than Nancy Pelosi!

:eek::eek:

cano
03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh, I agree. I don't click more than 3-4 times a week. But I wanted newer members to know that it helps the site.

DO NOT abuse Google. It's more powerful than Nancy Pelosi!

:eek::eek:

It's not about abusing Google, it's about abusing people who pay for that ads. Encouraging people to click on Google ads just to make a profit without any interest in product is a violation of Google Adsense terms and conditions.

WhereRWe?
03-23-2010, 10:04 AM
It's not about abusing Google, it's about abusing people who pay for that ads. Encouraging people to click on Google ads just to make a profit without any interest in product is a violation of Google Adsense terms and conditions.

Very true. I should have been clearer in my original comment that I was encouraging people to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE because they usually provide excellent sources for good and services, especially for geocachers. I do not encourage people to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE because they'll benefit us. I was merely reminding people that if they're going to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, this site would be a better place than some others that benefit people we don't even know.

:D:D

Ekidokai
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
So even though I do click on the adds often and actually check the sites out and use them, we get no benefit because I use them too often.

I would like to know the exact limits and conditions of this restriction, so I can avoid it.

brdad
03-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think the numbers are posted, but this explains their policy:
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48182&hl=en&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-en-et-storefrontEN_v2_ProgramPoliciesLink&medium=link

Ekidokai
03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks, that helps.

dubord207
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Where's Joe Bornstein's add?:D

JustKev
03-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Joe Bornstein - isn't he too classy to be involved with geocaching?

brdad
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Joe's add was up this morning. But It looked like there was a new lawyer in town taking over...

http://bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/danborn.jpg

dubord207
03-23-2010, 04:26 PM
You never cease to amaze me with you computer skills, Dave! That's a riot!!:)

hollora
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Joe's add was up this morning. But It looked like there was a new lawyer in town taking over...

http://bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/danborn.jpg

ROTFLMAO - that is wonderful!

cano
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Hello, my name is Content Aware Fill and I'm here to take your job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI&feature=player_embedded

pretty cool ha?

JustKev
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Very nice.

EMSDanel
03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
brdad.... you either have way too much free time or you're a genious. Tonight I'm voting for genious....that's pretty cool!

EMSDanel
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, and getting back to the thread.....I clicked on it again tonight.

4ccnhikers
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello, my name is Content Aware Fill and I'm here to take your job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI&feature=player_embedded

pretty cool ha?

Unreal!;);)

masterson of the universe
03-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Now you know why the software sells for over $1k...

EMSDanel
03-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I clicked on an add again tonight. Nananananana....

brdad
03-31-2010, 06:40 AM
I clicked on an add again tonight. Nananananana....

I hope the ads here are related to items geocachers would like. I would not be likely to admit to clicking ads on many web sites. :p

WhereRWe?
03-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Sheesh! I just clicked on "EMMC Surgical Weight Loss"! :eek::eek: