View Full Version : user name?

loonylady
05-24-2005, 06:40 PM
:o I am curious about how people came up with their user name.

My name "loonylady" came from my Old Town kayak, a Loon 138

and I also use AKA Smart Blonde #1 well we all kknow that that is a farce a smart blonde ha, ha, ha. but it makes for fun. My daughters are Smart blonde 3's 2 & 3. not to be left home are the dogs Smokey and Freckles.

So what I am asking on this thread is: How did you come up with your name? It is kind of like looking at novelty plates and trying to figure out what they stand for. :cool:

gpsxplr
05-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I wanted to come up with something with geo in it that would fit on a license plate. According to a site in the uk a geohiker is someone who enjoys both geocaching and hiking. Trouble was geohike was already taken on geocaching.com so I added maine to the end to arrive at goehikemaine.

Beach Comber
05-24-2005, 07:53 PM
You are right, some are not so obvious, but mine is just as it states.......I spend a lot of time combing the beaches. I look for treasures like sea glass, pottery, rocks, driftwood, etc.

Haffy
05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Well with a last name like Hafenecker,well you can guess the rest. I have had that nickname for many years and even more but that's another story....lol

Geochicks
05-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Well.. obivous... we are chicks... My mom, me and my 4-year old daughter, who keeps refering us as the "Cacher-chicks".

Mainiac1957
05-24-2005, 09:08 PM
I started using mainiac in Florida during the 10 years I lived there as my e-mail address to show where I was from. Somewhere along the line I added the 1957(obviously my birth year). So I now simply use it for everything. All my e-mail addresses, nicknames, etc. I don't have to think about who I am on what server that way.

Sudonim
05-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I picked mine years ago, needing another name for myself online, I chose another name for Pseudonym :D

d’76
05-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Mine is a no Brainer. Dave my name and My birth year.

My partner in Crime is Girlmate. She is my girlfriend but that sounds very highschoolish. But she started as my room mate. Hence Girlmate

Isn't Smart Blond what one might call as oxymoron.:D

Tink
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
hmmm....I wonder if I should admit this....but I got mine at a party in college...I really wish I could remember how it all started....LOL...well it stuck and I have been forever TINK !!... :cool:

attroll
05-25-2005, 12:18 AM
wbdent My name started when I was in the military. I had one person that made fun of my last name and use to call me Troll. I did not mind that because I just considered the source. But when the internet came to be I had to come up with a name. So I was going to use Troll but that was a very popular name on the internet. So I had to come up with something different that no one would ever think of duplicating it. So I picked something that I like doing a lot. I am obsessed with hiking the Appalachian Trail. So I added the “AT” to the front of “Troll” and now I am know as Attroll.

RanMan22
05-25-2005, 07:26 AM
I've had the nickname "RanMan" for quite awhile. My first name is Randy, and one day someone started calling me "Ran". He eventually added "Man" to the end and it stuck....everyone calls me RanMan. It's even on my license plate. And 22 is my favorite number (that's a story for another day).

-RanMan22

race24x
05-25-2005, 07:52 AM
I race a stock car and my number because there already was a 24 ended up being 24x so it just stuck as my screen name for everything

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
What could be more fun than discovering Treasures. Treasures are not limited to caches but new friends, new places, new perspectives and new ways to spend time with my family.

loonylady
05-25-2005, 10:37 AM
hey thanks for all the replys and yes smart blonde is 4 sure an oxymoron!!!! but it is fun to pretend and now in my older years I have dirty blonde hair so I get it chemically lightened. yep only my hairdresser knows for sure!!!
but I can use it for an excuse when I do dumb things. and I love blonde jokes and can tell you the punch lines sometimes before and I haven't even heard the joke before I just live it!!!
there is a joke about Santa Claus, the Easter bunny and a smart blonde. they all see a $10 bill on the street...
Which one picks it up? no one as none of these people are REAL!!!
well enough said
and I am enjoying this thread I like word games and puns
geosmiles to all

lefty
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
My online nickname. My daughter and I cache together and we are both lefties.:cool:

J_Cyr
06-12-2005, 11:52 AM
My name... I am not very thoughtful huh? :)

becket
06-12-2005, 03:58 PM
mine's my name, too. first name and first inital of last name. i wasn't feeling very creative when i came up with it! but it's cool because i like history, especially reading about the 12th century with king henry, queen eleanor of aquitaine and thomas a becket.

steverph
06-13-2005, 06:33 AM
Mine is my internet name I use for everything. My name is Steve and I am a pharmacist. (RPH).

Team2hunt
06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
We are way too logical. My navigator and I are a team of 2. Thats the first and second parts. We wanted to make " time to hunt ", thats the third part. We're just lazy enough to keep it short. I've even seen where you guys have used T2H, and that's ok. You will even see this in our logs as: T2H signature key chain compass. Thanks to all for the help.

TwoMaineiacs
06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I'd always heard those from Maine were called maniacs. Dictionary definition includes:
- mania (STRONG INTEREST) (http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/mania+%28strong+interest%29)
- mania (MENTAL ILLNESS) (http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/mania+%28mental+illness%29)

Take your pick but since there are two of us we are just TwoMaineiacs with the E thrown in so no one picks the second definition.

Anne

Hiker Twins
06-13-2005, 05:53 PM
My twin sister and I hike a lot together so when it came to signing up with a name....well it was easy and pretty obvious especially when most of the time our family just refers to us as the twins.

Haffy
06-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah but which one is which?

Hiker Twins
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah but which one is which?
She's Twin 1 and I am Twin 2...does that help :D

FFFarmer
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
FFFarmer = 20 years as a Fire Fighter, 40 years as a Farmer, and NO I aint 60, there is an overlap.

pjpreb
06-14-2005, 08:25 PM
"P" is for Pete (hubby) "J" is for Jo (me) and Preb is most of our last name. To set the record straight, I am *not* Msteelee's aunt. She's just a niece wannabe. Hehe.