View Full Version : Celebrate 10 Years - Augusta

Kaching Karen
04-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Marble rules are posted: here's the link: http://www.landofmarbles.com/marbles-play.html

There are suppose to be porta poties and tables by the weekend.

I have badminton supplies, will set up a marbles playing area, and have board games. I'm sure I can find other lawn games too, but would appreciate it if others bring their own.

I have a barbecue grill and will be bringing it. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate!

hollora
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Should I load in the bocci ball and croquet?

Kaching Karen
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Should I load in the bocci ball and croquet?

Oh yes! Oh yes!

tat
04-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I was thinking of croquet! Is there a horse shoe pit?

hollora
04-29-2010, 08:37 PM
K - have it in the breezeway - now to make sure it get's loaded.

dubord207
04-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Want me to bring one of my cannons?:D How about my "little" one, a coehorn mortar?

benandtina
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Ben found a bag of marbles while we were packing that he'll bring, but we don't have any outdoor games to contribute. We'll bring Apples to Apples in case there is a freak storm that forces everyone inside for board games, lol.

Kaching Karen
04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of croquet! Is there a horse shoe pit?

No horseshoe pit. But I am bringing a badminton net and stuff. If this wind keeps up, everything is going to blow away!

Kaching Karen
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Want me to bring one of my cannons?:D How about my "little" one, a coehorn mortar?

Can you fire those things in the city and not get arrested?

LaughingTerry
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
How about lawn darts? I used to have a set around here somewhere. I used to love those things.

OK, I am joking about bringing them but I did have fun with them when I was a kid.

hollora
04-30-2010, 10:31 PM
How about lawn darts? I used to have a set around here somewhere. I used to love those things.

OK, I am joking about bringing them but I did have fun with them when I was a kid.

Hee, hee - I had one too and tried to sell them on Ebay a long time ago - Banned - got booted off! LOL

Ekidokai
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Why would that happen. Lawn darts are great fun. Or am I missing some innuendo? It's hard telling with you people.

dubord207
05-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Probably not. I do an occassional blast from my home here on 3 Mile Pond. One time I did it a friend of mine who lives on the Albion/China line called to tell me he heard it "loud and clear" so I certainly won't bring it tomorrow!:)

Can you fire those things in the city and not get arrested?

LaughingTerry
05-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Why would that happen. Lawn darts are great fun. Or am I missing some innuendo? It's hard telling with you people.

I think probably somewhere in the world some kid once took one to the top of the head so they got banned by big brother. The world used to be so dangerous ya know. so many people killed by lawn darts and baby turtles before the gubment put a stop to all those dangerous thing.

hollora
05-01-2010, 07:51 AM
I think probably somewhere in the world some kid once took one to the top of the head so they got banned by big brother. The world used to be so dangerous ya know. so many people killed by lawn darts and baby turtles before the gubment put a stop to all those dangerous thing.

LT you are right. Folks did get injured and the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) recalled them ages ago. Can't sell recalled items.......

brdad
05-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I remember a lot of the kids who got hit in the head with them who survived were sent off to the circu .... oh, forget I said that.

JustKev
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I remember a lot of the kids who got hit in the head with them who survived were sent off to the circu .... oh, forget I said that.

Not to mention the ones who are now geocaching. I heard there are a couple in the Bangor area but that may be a rumor started by a thread hijacker.

Kaching Karen
05-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I went down to check on the pavilion and area that we are holding the event. There is a porta-pottie and tables, as promised, but there are only 6 picnic tables. I recommend bringing your own chairs if you wish to lounge.

I am bringing a barbecue grill.

Ekidokai
05-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Looking forward to it.

hollora
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
It was a fun event Karen and the weather God's cooperated too. Thank you for hosting!

brdad
05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
We had a good time too. Would have liked to stay longer but it was a long weekend for both of us!

LaughingTerry
05-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Sorry I didn't make it. 50 new kayak caches were published up in Guilford so I spent Saturday and Sunday getting them all. Sunday I kayaked 16.7 miles in 9 hours for 39 caches. I will try to get to the next event though.

brdad
05-03-2010, 06:38 AM
The event was great but I can see your desire to get out on the water on such a nice day!

Lee and I really had a great time at the four events we went to. We really have a great group here. Really great - everyone give yourself a pat on the back! Lee really appreciated all the kind comments she received. As a rule I would say so many events at one time is overkill but it gave me time to catch up with people I missed at the event just before, so it worked out very well! It would have been fun to meet up at Portland and Manchester, too, but I'm all wore out as it is!