View Full Version : Caching with Mom!

dubord207
05-07-2010, 06:58 AM
We all know this Sunday is Mother's Day, or if you didn't know you do now so call the florist today.

My sister, mmface, and I cache with our mom fairly often. She's a very spry 84 year old that still works two days a week at Maine General in Waterville. When my sister and I took up geocaching, she asked, well she kind of demanded that we take her so she could see what her kids were doing all the time.

She likes short hikes but when it come to GRC's she really shines! First time she found one she remarked " What's with this? Do they put these out for old ladies like me?" Yeah mom, something like that!

I hope there are others here that are caching with their moms. To all you mom's out there...Happy Mother's Day!:) (and happy caching too!)

Haffy
05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Great story Dan. My Mom is recovering from some torn ligaments in her foot that she suffered from back in January and is still undergoing therapy. I know she would love to cache and has a couple of times in the past. Happy Mother's Day to all those caching Moms too.

Ekidokai
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I know my mother and grandmother would have loved this. I am afraid I got my stubbornness from them and we might have spent days at GZ until the cache was found on the hard ones.

Happy Mothers day.

shuman road searchers
05-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, I do cache with my stepmom quite often! Tomorrow her and I are going to hit the road so that she can go over the 500 mark. When it comes to moms that cache mine is one of the best!

brdad
05-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't think my mother is the caching type, but someday I will get her to one. She doesn't like to go into the woods, so hikes are out. She spends enough time looking for her own stuff she has lost, so she won't want a tough hide. But a standard GRC will just bore her. Fortunately, I know there are caches that she would enjoy, so it will happen some day hopefully.

hollora
05-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Spent awesome days with my daughter and granddaughter from Thursday until today. We did stop our agenda for 3 caches and found 1. Regretfully, 2 were DNFs - but it's ok. When I got home - beautiful roses from my God-Daughter were on the table. WOW

Tomorrow I am going to try and make the breakfast and then my Son and daughter-in-law are taking me out to dinner. Life is Good!

Thanks Dan for the reminder to all. I am planning on going to the cemetary after breakfast tomorrow to visit my Mom. She would have loved caching.........but not long hikes. The adventure to new areas, however, would have lured her to participate.

Happy Mothers Day!

dubord207
05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Di's mom, Georgette, and my mom, Bea, aka "the General" just left our home after a nice Mother's day lunch of crab cakes, filet mignon followed by strawberry pie. Georgette asked about geocaching and because they rode out here together from Waterville, my mom said she'd show Georgette a few caches on their way home. Georgette is a few years younger then my mom, is a Queen Bee with the Red Hatters and would be a real menace if she started caching. I mean, can you imagine purple and red feathers left at every cache she did?;)

team moxiepup
05-09-2010, 11:16 PM
My mom and dad went down to Maryland to do the Star Spangled Banner Cache Series, trying to get 20 SSB caches so she can get the coin. We went down a few weeks ago and had a great time doing them. She actually called us on mothers day for a phone a friend :D and rushed me off the phone to get the cache :rolleyes:. I barely had time to wish her a Happy Mothers Day!:eek: