View Full Version : Morels In Maine

Opalsns
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Tell me it's true.
I have a few False Morels Around My Yard. I know What They Look Like.
but I just found this Baby in my Back Yard as it shot out from my lawnmower.
Just one Hollow Center , not 3 or 4 chambers.
looks like a brain.

Anyone Know Morels??

Opalsns

brdad
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
When I read the topic, I thought you may have meant "Morals in Maine" and I thought - here we go again! :):)

I know nothing of morels, but they don't look good! but someone must like them, Amazon has 15 pounds of 'em for $1,852.65.

I did find this page (http://www.crabcoll.com/journal/morel.html) on morels in Maine, and they don't look like yours, but maybe yours have not matured yet.

JustPJ66
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I keep meaning to buy a copy of National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms when I go to cabellas but never do. That would tell you tho I am sure.

Opalsns
05-07-2010, 12:26 PM
When I read the topic, I thought you may have meant "Morals in Maine" and I thought - here we go again! :):)

I know nothing of morels, but they don't look good! but someone must like them, Amazon has 15 pounds of 'em for $1,852.65.

I did find this page (http://www.crabcoll.com/journal/morel.html) on morels in Maine, and they don't look like yours, but maybe yours have not matured yet.

LOLOLOL!!!! What Morals???LOLOL!!!

Yup saw that site.
Search for pictures of morels and there are several that look like this, only bigger.
They are Conical, and Rounded, and Many colors. And Yup,
Fancy eatin' table Resturaunts pay big bucks for them.
Now the search begins for this treasure!!!

WhereRWe?
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Sheesh! I thought it said "Morons in Maine". Enough said... :D:D

Mapachi
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I went out with a Morel once! Debby Morel, she was round, conical and immature as well!

dubord207
05-09-2010, 07:56 AM
I went out with her as well. She remembered you, something about an unhealthy addiction to Pink Floyd concerts and a hooka about 6 feet tall!

When I saw her, she was skinny as a rail, so thin she'd had to run around in the shower to get wet. Said she's eaten some bad mushrooms at a Pink Floyd concert. I didn't get it. :confused:

I went out with a Morel once! Debby Morel, she was round, conical and immature as well!