View Full Version : NEWS FLASH: Travel Bug Released!

WhereRWe?
05-09-2010, 03:37 PM
After almost a year in captivity in California, the GeoMaine Furby TB (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=55898) owned by WhereRWe? and RULost2? has been released.

This little guy has traveled around the world, over 38,000 miles, and has been photographed in many exotic places (http://www.geocaching.com/track/gallery.aspx?ID=55898).

Now we hope that all other captive travel bugs and geocoins will also be released unharmed back into the wild...

:D:D

dubord207
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Wow, you must be feeling lucky. A cacher with just 4 finds...missing for a year, probably didn't respond to your emails, and Furby is back in the game!

That's really cool, and also not what usually happens but this story is encouraging for all of us with missing TB's and coins.:)

Go Furby, go!

JustPJ66
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
How much did you have to pay in ransom?? did the FBI get involved? hehe

Glad he is FREE!

fins2right
05-09-2010, 04:43 PM
It does happen! One of my first TB's "The Weather is Here" TB21EZ3 went from Maine to N.Y. to Mass. Stopped for 3 months, hopped to Antigua, then to Maryland and stopped. From 12/8/08 to 01/10/10, It was in the hands of a cacher that has over 2900 finds so I don't really know what happened. It's back on the move again. But for how long?

shuman road searchers
05-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I have a travelbug that is still being held captive by another cacher in China. I wonder who that could be?

dubord207
05-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Hope that's not me! Let me know. Has your brother made some of the bottles that contain his wonderful home brew a travel brew, I mean travel bug?:confused:

I have a travelbug that is still being held captive by another cacher in China. I wonder who that could be?

shuman road searchers
05-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Hope that's not me! Let me know. Has your brother made some of the bottles that contain his wonderful home brew a travel brew, I mean travel bug?:confused:

I think it is you and not DI!!:o:D I know you did not mean to haphazardly throw my travelbug in one of 4 caching bags and forget about it!:D I may be willing to share some of that wonderful New Hampshire brew when my TB is traveling.:)